EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 04-29-2006, 05:14 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Mapper similar to the one used for daoc.

Hi there. Been lurking around this place for sometime using the stuff that people upload here. But since I now really started playing EQ 2 again I gotten a interrest in making maps again. I have started to look into the metho used by people here, but I wanted to hear if someone know or got plans about a mapper program similar to the one people have been using in Dark ages of camelot.

Like this:
http://nathrach.republicofnewhome.org/mappergui.html
( the original from randomly.org is down. It was pure python console based )

This program extracts the zones fra daoc NIF files and recreates them top down in 3D. This made it possible to make very beutiful maps..
I was one of the first to make maps for DAoC with it(the original version and my maps are way outdated now, but thats beside the point) at http://daoc.platoon.dk/midgard.html.

I would love to be able to make maps like that again. In 3D and layers so they could be made look cool in a program like photoshop.. I have zero knowledged of how to make a program like this or if its even possible in EQ 2. But I could always hope someone knew about something similair for eq or might wanted to pick it up.

Unread 04-29-2006, 01:51 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

I admit, that would be pretty keen.

However, I believe the EQ2 map data is encrypted. We are only able to capture maps by logging locations in the zones and turning them into vector graphics files.

Until someone with enough motivation breaks SOEs encryption, decodes their data format, and writes a renderer, we're stuck with doing it the "old fashioned" way.
Unread 04-29-2006, 03:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Well I figured as much since I did not find anything.
To bad the files is encrypted. That might be too much of a stopper for most people that would have a chance to make it to even start thinking about it
But atleast I thrown the concept out there for the eq 2 community

Thanks for the reply