EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 04-23-2010, 03:18 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown
Default updates

i was just wondering if anyone is still updating this UI..seems like months have gone by and no updates/patches.. just wondering
Unread 04-23-2010, 06:01 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

As indicated in many of the threads in this forum you'll see that profit is being maintained by Silat (username TalTal) now.
Unread 04-23-2010, 06:03 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

It was updated for Sentinel's Fate, and hasn't needed updates since. It's pretty much mature, and the pattern is for updates to come out as (or just after) SOE releases changes to the UI that break things.

One thing that might contribute to the impression ProfitUI isn't being updated is that updates are typically released through the auto-updater. If you aren't running that, you may not see the updates.
Unread 04-23-2010, 07:21 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Thank you Lordebon and Tknarr. They are correct that yes it is still maintained. I send updates to the gentleman who does the autoupdater and do not maintain a seperate portal for manual updating.

Silat
Unread 04-28-2010, 08:42 PM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Guk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
Thank you Lordebon and Tknarr. They are correct that yes it is still maintained. I send updates to the gentleman who does the autoupdater and do not maintain a seperate portal for manual updating.

Silat
I wish you would becaue my new compter setup refuses to run the updater.
Unread 04-29-2010, 01:48 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumTumTugger View Post
Rum you seem to have had this issue for ages. Its also something I can't understand. Did you manually install the Windows onto this computer or is it a Best Buy bought machine?

Reason I ask is I purchased a machine from Best Buy and loaded everything up and had strange errors when trying to run EQ2 and EQ2Maps and even the profit updater. It turned out to be the stupid "Geek Squad" crap they do to the machines because once I did an install of Windows everything worked fine.
Unread 04-29-2010, 03:31 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumTumTugger View Post
Which version of Windows are you running? Vista and 7 have known issues with a lot of software in the default configuration and require some expert tweaking to get everything to work right. Nothing particularly major for a techie like me, but sufficiently obscure that a non-techie's unlikely to know what to do. And gods help you if it's a store-bought machine, it can take me days to strip out all the malware the big chains install and undo all the customizations that cause weird problems.

The only other major issues are a) you're using an older (usually pre-6) version of Java, in which case updating to the most recent JRE should solve the problem, or b) you're seeing the expired-certificate warning, which you can just click the Run button for or check the "always trust content from this publisher" checkbox and it should go away. Or you've pointed the updater at a different location from where you installed EQ2, which there's no fix for other than pointing the updater at the right place. We've seen several cases recently where people have had two installs of EQ2 on their system, and they weren't looking at the one they were actually using when playing.
Unread 04-29-2010, 10:24 AM
A Weald Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
Rum you seem to have had this issue for ages. Its also something I can't understand. Did you manually install the Windows onto this computer or is it a Best Buy bought machine?

Reason I ask is I purchased a machine from Best Buy and loaded everything up and had strange errors when trying to run EQ2 and EQ2Maps and even the profit updater. It turned out to be the stupid "Geek Squad" crap they do to the machines because once I did an install of Windows everything worked fine.
Yes I have had this problem for a couple of months every since I changed motherboards and video cards. No on Best Buy. had a friend rebuild my machine from parts of my old one and part a friend sent me what i have is a new motherboard and video card sound card is the same. I reinstalled my windows XP professional I had with the old set up. if you go to the new thread I started I attached a text file of my current computer set up and a discription of what i'm getting I tried to attach a screen shot of what I was getting but no matter how small I cut it it is too big to attach. http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=14139

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
Which version of Windows are you running? Vista and 7 have known issues with a lot of software in the default configuration and require some expert tweaking to get everything to work right. Nothing particularly major for a techie like me, but sufficiently obscure that a non-techie's unlikely to know what to do. And gods help you if it's a store-bought machine, it can take me days to strip out all the malware the big chains install and undo all the customizations that cause weird problems.

The only other major issues are a) you're using an older (usually pre-6) version of Java, in which case updating to the most recent JRE should solve the problem, or b) you're seeing the expired-certificate warning, which you can just click the Run button for or check the "always trust content from this publisher" checkbox and it should go away. Or you've pointed the updater at a different location from where you installed EQ2, which there's no fix for other than pointing the updater at the right place. We've seen several cases recently where people have had two installs of EQ2 on their system, and they weren't looking at the one they were actually using when playing.
as the above reply to papabard I am using Windows XP professional, and since I keep my game on a external drive that was not changed pointers are still to that(or were I have since unistalled ProfitUI till this problem can be fixed). I can't click on the run button or always trust content from this publisher because all I see in the appropriate windows is something akin to the snow you see on a T.V. screen and no way to click anywhere. I tried to attach a pic of it but it is to large no matter how I cut it down so a description is all I can give you for what the problem is. I did start a thread and attached my computer configuration in a text file

oh and if anyone does have a fix that requires changing things internally with my computer please use 1 syllable words to explain how. I know enough about computers to know that unless I know and understand what I'm doing don't touch it.

Last edited by gm9 : 04-29-2010 at 10:43 AM. Reason: merged a naughty triple post...
Unread 04-29-2010, 11:34 AM
A Griffon

About the only thing I can suggest is going to http://updater.pala.de/ and using the Launch button there. That'll force a download of the ProfitUI updater and get it installed in your Java environment. What you're describing isn't something I think comes from the updater itself.
Unread 04-29-2010, 11:36 AM
A Weald Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
About the only thing I can suggest is going to http://updater.pala.de/ and using the Launch button there. That'll force a download of the ProfitUI updater and get it installed in your Java environment. What you're describing isn't something I think comes from the updater itself.
did that still have the problem. I even unistalled java to do a clean install.
Unread 04-29-2010, 12:08 PM
A Griffon

Ok Rum I did a search on google for Snowy screen when running java. Theres some threads around talking about what you describe but of course it all pertains to systems I am sure have been running for a bit. One of the things people talk about is having done a virus scan and finding viruses during that scan.

Also some talk about Limewire (bad program mmkay) and just throwing those out there. I have really never heard or had such a problem. Snowy scrambled screen is so vague that only java support might be able to help. Have you ran a java test to see if things work right? There are dozens of sites out there that can test to make sure java is installed correctly. Also check your security settings in Internet Explore and make sure running java is allowed.
Unread 04-29-2010, 02:32 PM
A Weald Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
Ok Rum I did a search on google for Snowy screen when running java. Theres some threads around talking about what you describe but of course it all pertains to systems I am sure have been running for a bit. One of the things people talk about is having done a virus scan and finding viruses during that scan.

Also some talk about Limewire (bad program mmkay) and just throwing those out there. I have really never heard or had such a problem. Snowy scrambled screen is so vague that only java support might be able to help. Have you ran a java test to see if things work right? There are dozens of sites out there that can test to make sure java is installed correctly. Also check your security settings in Internet Explore and make sure running java is allowed.
ok will do. firefox is my default browser though not I.E. I still have I.E on my computer. I do scan for virus's regulary also.