Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 02-10-2005, 12:23 AM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos
Default Feb 9th Test patch

Updated XML files: Ignore the list given, see Dolby's post below.

Complete patch notes:

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/e...sage.id=17#M17

UI Modding change highlights:

*** Consider System ***

- A new NPC consider system has been added that provides players with information on the creatures they encounter.
- When appropriate, your target's level appears next to its name.
- The target window varies based on the target's level of challenge. A weak opponent will have a plain target window with swords under the target's name, while the target window of an epic opponent will be much more ornate.
- While the new system still shows which opponents are linked in an encounter, the consider message is based on the challenge presented by each individual target. Players who prefer to evaluate their opponents' strengths for themselves may enjoy this option
- You can switch between the old system and the new one by selecting the User Interface tab on the Options window. Under the Name and Chat Bubble heading, you can toggle the NPC Evaluation drop-down between Simple (new system) and Detailed (old system).

*** Controls, Commands, and UI ***

- Examining a spell or art now gives you more detailed information on the exact effects of the ability. Some refinements will be made to the examine data before this feature is moved to the live servers.
- Checking and unchecking categories in Chat Options now work more logically.

- Merchant UI: New categories have been added for Potions, Poisons, Lore, and Attuneable items.
- Merchant UI: Searching for Activateable items works properly.
- Merchant UI: Searching for food by con color works properly.
- Merchant UI: The names of unusable items now appear in red.
(Note: The market search window itself wasn't altered, so updates shouldn't be necessary)

- The scroll speed of the recipe examine window has been increased.
- The chat tab frame now fades along with the main chat window frame.
- Various issues with chat scrolling have been addressed.
- A keymap has been added for the Implied Target window. You will find the option to bind a key to this window in the Controls tab of the Options menu under Window Keys.
- Chat tabs no longer share the same buffer. You can now view up to 1000 lines of text in each chat tab.
- Chat tab titles can now be up to 20 characters long.
- Shift + Page Up and Shift + Page Down now let you scroll through responses on the primary chat window (defined with "Always Chat Here").
- The tooltip on ranged weapons should now report the correct damage information for when the user masters the weapon.
- Item con colors in the broker, merchant, trade, and examine windows should better indicate whether someone can use an item.

Last edited by Deathbane27 : 02-10-2005 at 01:57 AM.
Unread 02-10-2005, 12:54 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Only files that had changes when doing a compair is...

changed:
eq2ui.xml
eq2ui_examine.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_target.html
eq2ui_proxyactor.xml
widgets02.dds

new:
eq2ui_generictexttemplate_chatfont.xml
eq2ui_ime.xml
widgets03.dds

Last edited by Dolby : 02-10-2005 at 12:58 AM.
Unread 02-10-2005, 01:01 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Sent a PM to Bobble about it. Wondering if just the patch message is wrong or the patcher not sending out all the new UI files.
Unread 02-10-2005, 01:15 AM
aka Mook

*** Deathbane27's Report on the New Consider System ***

Note: You can still select the old system. My comments are intentionally overinflated and should be ignored.

My additions in bold

- A new NPC consider system has been added that provides players with less information on the creatures they encounter.
- When you have the new system selected, your target's level appears next to its name. When you have the old system selected, you may or may not have a random number covering the first 3 letters of your target's name. We want this visible in the old system as well. (Hopefully I can mod that in.)
- The target window varies based on the target's level of challenge. A weak opponent will have a plain target window with swords under the target's name, while the target window of an epic opponent will be much more ornate. There is no visual distinction between one and two up arrows in the new system!
- Tons of dead space added to new target window below this graphic!
- While the new system still shows which opponents are linked in an encounter, the consider message is based on the challenge presented by each individual target. With the new setting, you have to mouseover the target window to see whether it's a group or solo encounter. Players who prefer to evaluate their opponents' strengths for themselves may enjoy this option, but people like that will be probably be equally miffed by the target's level showing next to its name anyway.
- You can switch between the old system and the new one by selecting the User Interface tab on the Options window. Under the Name and Chat Bubble heading, you can toggle the NPC Evaluation drop-down between Simple (new system) and Detailed (old system). They should have been named "Decorative (less helpful)" and "Utilitarian (old school)", respectively. Oh, and the new one is now selected by default! This setting affects the target window as well.

- Instead of seeing "Solo" and "Group" in the old target window, you now see no text and "Heroic", respectively. Existing target windows will need to be updated or they will always display green Group instead of the correct information.

End report.

Last edited by Deathbane27 : 02-10-2005 at 02:57 AM.
Unread 02-10-2005, 01:30 AM
A Griffon

Server: Blackburrow

I wonder why they mentioned the eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml, I have a lot of mods to fix if they changed anything in that file Gonna go and check it out my self here in a little bit. Make sure I don't have a day of fixing my XP Bar Mods ......Dolby stated that this file was not one of them changed when he did the file scan.

Keeping my fingers crossed

Edit.... Sorry I got a little Smile happy....

[Guild Leader] Tiggler is my Main, Humudce is my Alt on Blackburrow.
Unread 02-10-2005, 01:56 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Smilies are fun

anyhow... totally of where this subject was going, but looks like crusadors are gonna have a nice pout... 10% mount speed from 36%... ouch
Unread 02-10-2005, 05:03 AM
A Griffon

Yes quite a list of hefty changes, if you read the entire post over on the SoE site. Wow...

Well checked all my Mods on the Test server, and as far as I can tell none of them are affected yet...

The one I was most concerned with the mainhud_experience.xml was not changed at all.

Unread 02-10-2005, 05:00 PM
A Griffon

Server: Neriak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42
Smilies are fun

anyhow... totally of where this subject was going, but looks like crusadors are gonna have a nice pout... 10% mount speed from 36%... ouch
Crusader mounts currently run not very fast anyway. I can outrun one with sprint, so I imagine that crusaders will definately not have much use for them - hell, if I can outrun one at 35%, at 10% it'll be silly to even bother with riding those horses.

hehe, now I get to make fun of Crusaders even more
Unread 02-10-2005, 11:48 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Mistmoore

I wonder how the paladins will react to update
Unread 02-11-2005, 02:19 AM
a hedgehog

Server: Nagafen

very aggressively
________
Volcano Vaporizer

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 09-16-2011 at 03:30 AM.
Unread 02-11-2005, 02:22 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

I'm a paladin, I'm not happy but its just a game and I'll still have fun...
Unread 02-11-2005, 02:27 AM
aka Mook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeablah
I wonder how the paladins will react to update
Let's not have any discussion related to the non-UI changes here, please. I don't want to think about nerfs and class balance and such while I'm here. Guess I should have posted this in UI Developer Discussion...

Last edited by Deathbane27 : 02-11-2005 at 02:44 AM.
Unread 02-11-2005, 01:18 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbane27
- A new NPC consider system has been added that provides players with less information on the creatures they encounter.
- When you have the new system selected, your target's level appears next to its name. When you have the old system selected, you may or may not have a random number covering the first 3 letters of your target's name. We want this visible in the old system as well. (Hopefully I can mod that in.)
- The target window varies based on the target's level of challenge. A weak opponent will have a plain target window with swords under the target's name, while the target window of an epic opponent will be much more ornate. There is no visual distinction between one and two up arrows in the new system!
- Tons of dead space added to new target window below this graphic!
- While the new system still shows which opponents are linked in an encounter, the consider message is based on the challenge presented by each individual target. With the new setting, you have to mouseover the target window to see whether it's a group or solo encounter. Players who prefer to evaluate their opponents' strengths for themselves may enjoy this option, but people like that will be probably be equally miffed by the target's level showing next to its name anyway.
- You can switch between the old system and the new one by selecting the User Interface tab on the Options window. Under the Name and Chat Bubble heading, you can toggle the NPC Evaluation drop-down between Simple (new system) and Detailed (old system). They should have been named "Decorative (less helpful)" and "Utilitarian (old school)", respectively. Oh, and the new one is now selected by default! This setting affects the target window as well.

- Instead of seeing "Solo" and "Group" in the old target window, you now see no text and "Heroic", respectively. Existing target windows will need to be updated or they will always display green Group instead of the correct information.
Lets see if I understand this new system correctly as it relates to the UI.
1. All Target mods will have to be changed.
2. Some strange number appears covering part of the targets name? WTF is this?
3. When we log in the day of the patch if we want the old system back we will have to go back and change it in Options?
4. Will current Target mods work fine if we go back to the old system?
5. In order to experience the new system correctly I will have to UNMOD my Target window?

I guess they are trying to get away from the idea that when you kill a group mob by yourself your are doing something henious. Instead they want this to be considered a Heroic encounter?

What advantage does this new system have?
Unread 02-11-2005, 04:02 PM
aka Mook

1. Yes
2. An error with the way the npc's level is being displayed
3. Correct
4. No
5. Yes

Advantage? An NPC's level is displayed without you needing to target it.
Unread 02-15-2005, 06:51 PM
A Griffon

Any word yet when these changes are going to go Live????

Unread 02-16-2005, 06:54 PM
A Griffon

Looks like they did another patch on Test Yesterday...

Unread 02-16-2005, 07:52 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Beta 1

I did a feedback about having to see the mobs level everywhere I look. My thinking goes like this:

- There are mods that let you see the lvl when you target it anyways.
- The mobs name is color coded to let you know about how high or low it is already.
- There is the fact that it RUINS! the imserion effect that I am attempting to get by keeping most of my UI transparent. I want to feel like I exist in a real world, not a game.

Sheesh!... sometimes they should just do an EQ1 and leave it alone already.