EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 12-11-2009, 11:31 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Everquest.exe not found

Im getting this error, and I search my eq2 folder and it is no where to be found but on the Test Server.

Now, I played eq2 for 2 years and i took a three month break..(just came back today) 3 months ago my profit ui was working fine, I never deleted the eq2 folder and therefore i thought profit would still be there. BUT, as I play eq2 it is still installing things and patching as I play.

so could it be that i need to wait until it is done patching?
if not please help..I am not clear on how to manually install it, or can I get a link to an extremely clear version, im a computer nub!

TYVM!!!
Unread 12-12-2009, 08:56 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

OK i found the right path..I think..

On the auto updater when there are the three different paths, does there have to be one to the .exe client. I didnt have an everquest2.exe in my regular everquest 2 folder and therefore copied the one from the test server to there. If i hadnt done that it would still be saying cant find everquest2.exe
the profit folder is in my UI folder and everything LOOKS right, the eq2.ini file is written as supposed to be, no spaces or w.e

Please Help! - I get in game and I have no option to upload old Profit UI settings I had months ago, only able to upload 2 ui's (which are both default) one of my alt and one of my main toon. Also /loadui doesnt show anything but the default ui!

any suggestions?
Unread 12-12-2009, 01:59 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerjay67 View Post
OK i found the right path..I think..

On the auto updater when there are the three different paths, does there have to be one to the .exe client.
Yes, you are installing to the wrong path if there is no everquest2.exe already.
Unread 12-13-2009, 03:33 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Path Not Found

Ok, I have been Looking and noticed, that SoE has a new Installer that installs the Zones as you play them, I have run in to the same issue, they called it something live Updater. and this Sucks, becasue it is all the Default formats,

Now I am a Backup Freak so i Just Copyed Pasted the Sony Root folder and ran the Game from there and i had no issues run Profit Updater, but there is a New Problem, after talking to a GM on SoE fourms Chat that they may make the Launcher and Everquest2.exe and eq2.ini obsoliete and Merger everyone to the new Update on the fly software.

THE GM does not want his name Mentioned.

Your Fan
Dtucker2003

Way to many Toons to Count
Unread 12-13-2009, 10:51 AM
A Griffon

Server: Valor

Not much to worry about.
I would actually just have to change how the updater determines the games location.
By default the streaming client installs the game to c:\users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II Streaming (on Win Vista and 7). You can change that path on install, just make sure it is no protected folder as \program files is e.g.
I guess there is no EverQuest2.exe anymore.

Cannot test it though, since the Streaming Client does not run on any of my three computers around at the moment. And since its quite beta, I do not care much about it either :P
Unread 12-13-2009, 11:11 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtucker2003 View Post
Ok, I have been Looking and noticed, that SoE has a new Installer that installs the Zones as you play them, I have run in to the same issue, they called it something live Updater. and this Sucks, becasue it is all the Default formats,

Now I am a Backup Freak so i Just Copyed Pasted the Sony Root folder and ran the Game from there and i had no issues run Profit Updater, but there is a New Problem, after talking to a GM on SoE fourms Chat that they may make the Launcher and Everquest2.exe and eq2.ini obsoliete and Merger everyone to the new Update on the fly software.

THE GM does not want his name Mentioned.

Your Fan
Dtucker2003

Way to many Toons to Count
This is strange that you say a GM said this because its in the official forums that you will "always" have the option to use the old patcher and launcher. And that the new "Streaming Client" (not live updater) would be for those who want to use it. Also eq2.ini isn't even needed with a vanilla installation of the game and if added the game will read it.
Unread 12-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
This is strange that you say a GM said this because its in the official forums that you will "always" have the option to use the old patcher and launcher. And that the new "Streaming Client" (not live updater) would be for those who want to use it. Also eq2.ini isn't even needed with a vanilla installation of the game and if added the game will read it.
We will always have the option to download everything beforehand. That's not the same as always having the option to use the old patcher -- in fact, they're already weaning people off the original patcher. You can no longer download it directly from them, to my knowledge.
Unread 12-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis

Yea, they will want u to use the station launcher instead of the old patcher. It lets use chat and voice chat plus launch all of their games so I doubt it is going any where any time soon. I believe it will still download the streaming client but it'll go ahead and download all the assists also. I don't see them maintaining two clients.
Unread 12-13-2009, 06:34 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

all well and good, but back to the matter at hand, just find wherever whichever patcher you are using installed your EQ2 to and configure that in the ProfitUI updater
Unread 12-13-2009, 06:52 PM
A Griffon

Server: Valor

Actually it does install a EverQuest2.exe, so the updater will just work fine. Not sure if the streaming client does set any registry key for it though....
Unread 12-14-2009, 01:39 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
We will always have the option to download everything beforehand. That's not the same as always having the option to use the old patcher -- in fact, they're already weaning people off the original patcher. You can no longer download it directly from them, to my knowledge.
The only patcher I have ever used is eq2.exe think that loads the other patcher not sure. And so far its been in each expak. I tried the new station launcher and hated it. If SoE wants to keep changing things to the point where people (me included) dont like how it functions then its just another reason to leave the game.

It will of course take a bit more than just the patcher to cause me to leave but if I'm forced to use this new "streaming client" and the fact many are complaining about the lag from it and the fact things are as eye candied for them using it then yeah its about time to decide.
Unread 12-14-2009, 09:38 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
The only patcher I have ever used is eq2.exe think that loads the other patcher not sure. And so far its been in each expak. I tried the new station launcher and hated it. If SoE wants to keep changing things to the point where people (me included) dont like how it functions then its just another reason to leave the game.
The launchpad has supported to download game content while you play since before I ever stopped playing so I don't get where all this excitement is suddenly coming from. Just turn it off if you don't like it. Also I wouldn't even know where to download this new patcher you are talking about so they are hardly forcing it down your throats. And eq2.exe calls LaunchPad.exe if it matters.
Unread 12-14-2009, 12:41 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
The launchpad has supported to download game content while you play since before I ever stopped playing so I don't get where all this excitement is suddenly coming from. Just turn it off if you don't like it. Also I wouldn't even know where to download this new patcher you are talking about so they are hardly forcing it down your throats. And eq2.exe calls LaunchPad.exe if it matters.
The old "download while you play" was BITS and was (to my knowledge) not prioritized and only used for optional files. The point of the streaming patcher is that non-optional files are also streamed on an as-needed basis. When Alice walks up in armor with TextureA, the game downloads it then. If you never set foot in a zone that uses LayoutA you never have to download it.

The point is it significantly reduces the initial download for people to get into the game (for both new players and for anyone when new content comes out). I haven't tried it out myself just quite yet, but it does seem promising and it's definitely different from the old BITS method for background DLing of optional files.

With that aside... EQ2.exe is the file that calls the launchpad. Everquest2.exe is the actual game executable and should be there no matter what method of patching you use.
Unread 12-18-2009, 10:46 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Missing eq2.exe

I had a similar issue, but it is not the Everquest2.exe that was not found, it is the eq2.exe. I see some others have also pointed this out. I am using the new streaming client over an old install of EQ2. One that I had run the Vista uninstall on but didn’t delete the directory structure, I then moved Sony directory to the new Win7 PC and started using the new downloader. After moving the new streaming client files to the old \Program Files (x86)\Sony\Everquest II directory I got EQ2 running again with minimal downloads. But the new streaming client does not create/use an eq2.exe file. So, Profit Updater, EQ2Maps Updater, and ACT all had fits. As a work around, I created an empty text file eq2.txt in \Sony\Everquest II, then renamed it eq2.exe and pointed all these programs to and got them working with no issues. I hope this helps.

Also, a friend is having this issue I could not solve. See here, http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...7467#post87467
Thanks for reading.