Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 01-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE-Rothgar View Post
Ok Drums, no more mods to UI Builder or UIScript for you guys since you'd rather me spending more time in Photoshop than actually coding!
It's ok Rothgar keep on coding, We've put him back in his box. We let him out now and then to get fresh air.
Unread 01-13-2009, 01:21 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

No I already made some air holes in his box, so best keep him in there.
Unread 01-13-2009, 01:41 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
He was talking about your marketing department and not about you Rothgar. So keep the goodies coming.
Indeed I was Rothgar. I meant no offence
I meant on a whole, he did a damn fine job a skin, that one could only hope to find in a game when it first comes out.

Fortunately for us, the game is open enough to make a damn fine skin.

Plus, all these "class balancing" things are getting to my temper ! lol /goes back into the box
Unread 01-13-2009, 01:47 PM
A Sea Turtle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

I REALLY think SOE should look into making this the EQ2 new default UI, amazing work.

kudos

Z

ps...I did merge this with my ProfitUI because I like the stats better, but it still looks great and no issues.

Last edited by zoriouz : 01-13-2009 at 01:52 PM.
Unread 01-13-2009, 02:02 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurkoz View Post
These looks really nice btw. The outline helps them be visibile I think. Even if they appear a little big... that's where zooming in helps out.

Good job again. I'll be trying to use these myself.
Unread 01-13-2009, 02:23 PM
A Grizzled Badger

These new icons are really nice! Can't wait to try them in game. I'm using the rest of the skin with Profit, with the exception of the spell icons - I'm too used to my older icons as far as hotkey recognition goes - and the map icons that were released - the squares were just a bit too big for my tastes. The rest of the skin is just amazing, however! I will probably use those map icons, though. Very nice and clean!

Kudos!
Unread 01-13-2009, 02:51 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Splitpaw

Just uploaded v1.01 with added support for EQ2Map and new icons.

I am working on a separate download with just these map icons.
Unread 01-13-2009, 06:07 PM
A man among men

Server: Nagafen

I like the new icons, but I think that the quest exclamation mark and question mark should be w/o a frame because they aren't actually icons. It's just to indicate the new quests and quest updates around and I think it should have some sort of outline instead.

Just a thought.
Unread 01-15-2009, 06:46 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default Graphical Glitch

Greetings!

I love your UI add on. I played Vanguard for a bit also, and love how you've polished up the UI.

I am using ProfitUI and your images/icons. Its working great but I have 1 graphical issue. The Main Targeting window is cut off with only the middle showing through.

If I turn down the opacity of the window to 50% the whole window starts to appear.

I have deleted the ui folder and tried a few reinstalls but it still persists. I havn't seen anyone else post any issues with this so I'm assuming its something on my end. Was wondering if you had any ideas on how I can try to remedy this.

Almost forgot, I also noticed that the broker window is missing the "Your Store" and "Your Sales Log" tabs on the top of the window. They are still there but just invisible at full opacity. If i turn down the opacity they begin to appear.

Again, I'm not sure if this is just something with my install or not.

Thanks!
Unread 01-16-2009, 04:29 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitargo View Post
Almost forgot, I also noticed that the broker window is missing the "Your Store" and "Your Sales Log" tabs on the top of the window. They are still there but just invisible at full opacity. If i turn down the opacity they begin to appear.
That is likely the interaction between his solid titlebars and the unconventional way I set up those tabs. I know dragowulf had issues with his skin and that too.
Unread 01-16-2009, 05:08 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Quote:
Greetings!

I love your UI add on. I played Vanguard for a bit also, and love how you've polished up the UI.

I am using ProfitUI and your images/icons. Its working great but I have 1 graphical issue. The Main Targeting window is cut off with only the middle showing through.

If I turn down the opacity of the window to 50% the whole window starts to appear.

I have deleted the ui folder and tried a few reinstalls but it still persists. I havn't seen anyone else post any issues with this so I'm assuming its something on my end. Was wondering if you had any ideas on how I can try to remedy this.

Thanks!
I had this problem as well. You have to switch con versions by pressing the button on the target window. It doesn't like the Con type with the fancy outlines. ((can't think of it's name right now..))
Unread 01-16-2009, 05:16 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Greetings!

Thanks!
Hey dude, thanks for the feedback!

The issue you are experiencing is really, im sad to say an incompatibility with my skin and ProfitUI. Me personally i don't play with ProfitUI and i really don't have that much in sight to it, as of yet. But this seems like one issue that occurs also you mentioned other stuff with the broker and such.

With the present version of v1.01 im pretty sure people can get it to work well in conjunction with ProfitUI. You might not get the full experience, and you might need to disable (remove files) that produce errors like these. In the case of the targeting windows, you could remove the VanGurK files of widgets02.dds and widgets03.dds. You will loose some skin features but the ProfitUI targeting should go back to normal.

This is the only help i can give with the present version of my skin. I might give it a go and create a fully ProfitUI skin in the future, time will tell.
Unread 01-16-2009, 11:02 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Thanks everyone for the quick replies. I just switched up the con mode and all is well with the targeting window. Keep up the good work. =)
Unread 01-16-2009, 02:17 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the quick replies. I just switched up the con mode and all is well with the targeting window. Keep up the good work. =)
Nice to see it turned out ok. I don't really know too much about this "con mode" but im glad to see it's a possible solution to this problem
Unread 01-16-2009, 02:51 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Nice to see it turned out ok. I don't really know too much about this "con mode" but im glad to see it's a possible solution to this problem
The con mode refers to the way EQ2 provides you with a target classification, there is a "simple" and an "advanced" mode. The encounter brackets which display the difficulty and which are however a solid graphic in your skin are only there in one mode, therefore toggling the mode hides them and you can again see the health/power bars.

Hope that helps.
Unread 01-21-2009, 06:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

First off, great job! Looks better than the default UI imo.
However, two superficial things bugged me a bit and I would love to learn how to fix them. First, the icons in the macro and guild windows. This one was easy, i just deleted the appropriate "icon.dds" files. The second thing that bugs me is the new coin graphics. While they look very nice I'm old and very used to the old graphics. ( I keep pricing things on the broker for gold instead of plat! lol )
It seems that the .dds files that have the coin icons in them also have some other images that i would not like to lose. How can I, as a complete noob at this sort of thing, fix my problem?
Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance.
Unread 01-22-2009, 07:57 AM
A Forest Scavenger

And first off, thanks for the feedback!

Now about the coins. The trouble here comes as you say from the files that uses more resources than just the coins. So in deleting those files you sadly also looses those features. The coins are present in several files all used in different places in-game.

The files are.

widgets03.dds
window_elements_specific.dds
icon_is61.dds

It would be a possibility to create a special version just with the standard coins, but then again, a week after that someone comes along and not liking something else.

So the options are.

1. go with the complete package.
2. delete files loosing other aspects of the skin.
3. Editing the skin yourself and adding back the default coins.

That is about all i can offer i am afraid. Glad you liked the skin!

ps. A new version is in the works featuring small enhancements here and there.
Unread 01-22-2009, 11:18 AM
A Griffon

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
ps. A new version is in the works featuring small enhancements here and there.
Can't wait, keep up the great work!
Unread 01-24-2009, 09:00 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default Version 1.02 available

Just finished uploading v1.02 along with v1.01 of the standalone map icons package.

Here are some of the new features and fixes.
- Re-sized the EQ2Map icons giving better visibility.
This should provide a better view of the already crowded maps.
- Re-sized the "spell-ready" animation and added fade in and out.
The previous animation was more or less hidden behind the icon-box.
- Re-sized and re-colored the "spell-queue" icon.
This really is a great feature but it really needed to be more clear. As of now, spells put in queue waiting will flash with a yellow box.
- New scrollbars for stuff using the old resources.
Same Vanguard ui scrollbars on everything!
- Added border on items when moving.
This to better see the color coding of picked up items.
- Added border on map icons when mouse over.
A better way to really see what icons you are selecting.
- Aligned the compass to better reflect numeric values.
Someone pointed out that North was not really north. Should be now.
- And a few other small improvements here and there.
Downloads
VanGurK v1.02
VanGurK MapIcons v1.01
Enjoy!
Unread 01-24-2009, 10:20 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Much better on the map icons, I'd vote for making them the default EQ2MAP set.

Only thing I was wondering, you have a question mark for the finished quest proximity icon and an exclamation mark for the new quest proximity icon. Shouldn't it be the other way around? That would bring it in line with the respective POI icons.
Unread 01-24-2009, 10:53 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Much better on the map icons, I'd vote for making them the default EQ2MAP set.

Only thing I was wondering, you have a question mark for the finished quest proximity icon and an exclamation mark for the new quest proximity icon. Shouldn't it be the other way around? That would bring it in line with the respective POI icons.
Thanks! I am all for letting these icons be used for greater purposes. It's all good.

About the Quest icons, i must admit i've been thinking about this ... but then again, i only thought about swapping icons in the icon_map5.dds file. Perhaps i got it wrong when i added the "icon_map1.dds" file?.

I have a firm belief that the question mark should stand for returning quests, and the exclamation mark should be new quests. By using this as a base, do i need to change anything?

To my knowledge, the exclamation mark in "icon_map1.dds" represent POI dealing with quests, right?. If so, i see now that the question mark really should be used in this file.

In any way, good point, i'll have to think about this. If you or anyone else has any thoughts about this, please share
Unread 01-24-2009, 11:15 AM
EQ2MAP Developer

I think you should swap the quest icons to, only thing i dident like
Unread 01-24-2009, 12:31 PM
A Brown Bear

Great job on updating this Still using it as my UI. About the ? and the ! for the quests, how you have it is how WoW is, a ! for a new quest and ? for a completed quest. Personally I don't use the custom icons, just using the default ones.

Last edited by The-Order : 01-24-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Unread 01-24-2009, 02:19 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default how do i switch con versions

Love the skin, but i am also having a problem with the target con, and i cannot figure out how to switch the con version. can someone please post how i go about doing this?

Thanks
Phrite
Unread 01-24-2009, 04:50 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I noticed in your latest update you modified the Spell Queue overlay. I was wondering which file this was in, as I would like to test this out specifically.