EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 06-06-2008, 07:34 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Combat Bubble font size

Is there any way to increase the combat bubble (when you damage something) font size? And then, increase it when you crit something? And maybe further, if you crit something have it stay on screen maybe a 1/2 sec longer (or have it scroll slower).

One of the cool things in Vanguard and WoW's interface is that you know when you do a booming crit. In EQ2 you can see it but it passes by so quickly, you cant 'enjoy' it if you know what I mean.
Unread 06-07-2008, 03:10 AM
A Brown Bear

Okay... I found the xml file that contains the font size for combat bubbles for normal hits and criticals - eq2ui_textstyles.xml.

However, I would like to see a tad slower scrolling on the damage. I have my UI set up so that I only see the damage I do, so slow(er) scrolling should not be a problem. Any ideas where we can control that?
Thanks!
Unread 06-08-2008, 05:19 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwieland View Post
Okay... I found the xml file that contains the font size for combat bubbles for normal hits and criticals - eq2ui_textstyles.xml.

However, I would like to see a tad slower scrolling on the damage. I have my UI set up so that I only see the damage I do, so slow(er) scrolling should not be a problem. Any ideas where we can control that?
Thanks!
You can control that from the game itself.

/combatbubble_fade_secs 5.0

That for instance will make the numbers scroll up the screen quite a ways.

There are quite a few things you can change with the different /combatbubble_ commands. However, be careful as you cannot really undo a change as much as you can try to set it back to what it used to be through trial and error.
Unread 06-19-2008, 06:45 PM
A Brown Bear

Excellent - thanks for the reply. I saw a list of all the /combatbubble commands but no explanations on their use. Any idea where I can get that information?
Thanks again...