EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 01-19-2005, 03:07 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default equipment slots in bags

ok Im new to this and i need a bit of help.

First let me tell you what Im trying to do, Im adding my ammo, ranged, and activatable, slots to my bags. There are no quivers ingame so i figure if I have a bag opened with these slots already on it i can more easily monitor my arrows and reload when needed. As well as switch from longbow to shortbow if needed and ofcourse activate when needed.
So here is what Ive done so far, I have gone in and added the afore listed slots to my bag ( highlighted ammo hit ctrl+c and then highlighted bag and then ctrl+v ) this allowed me to add the desired slots.
However when ingame the slots do not work. They are there and visable, but whatever I have equiped in them does not appear, and likewise I am unable to un-equip or equip through them.
What must I do to make them work?
Unread 01-19-2005, 03:19 AM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

In the Inventory window, each equipment slot has an Icon for the actual item, and an Image for the background. It sounds like you copied the image instead of the icon. (To add to the confusion, Images and Icons share an icon in the UI Builder.)
Unread 01-20-2005, 12:18 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ok you were correct i only copied the image. Now i have copied the icon as well and still can not get them to work. I then erased and started over this time i copied icon first then image, still no good, then i copied only icon, again no good, then i duplicated the icon instead of copying it and yet still..no good.
Is there something I'm supposed to do to the code? change some falses to trues? or change locations?
Unread 01-20-2005, 12:28 AM
A Griffon

Unless someone's discovered otherwise, inventory slots only work in the inventory (either the standard Inventory.Inventory, or a custom mini inventory, created in MainHUD.Inventory).

Basically you're out of luck unless some discovery is made or SOE changes the hardcoded-ness of inventory slots.

If you want an ammo indicator (as a fall back) you can use the player window I made and uploaded, or at least look at it to see how I made mine work.

Quib
Unread 01-20-2005, 01:13 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

grr i wouldnt need to do this if there was a freakin quiver ingame..

anyhow thanks Quib I'll stop wasting my time on it then ( for now )
Unread 01-20-2005, 01:48 AM
aka Mook

Server: Nektulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quib
Unless someone's discovered otherwise, inventory slots only work in the inventory (either the standard Inventory.Inventory, or a custom mini inventory, created in MainHUD.Inventory)
Ah, didn't realize that's why that one worked and his didn't. :P
Unread 06-06-2005, 04:34 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Butcherblock

though you can just open up a hotbar and drag you inventory slots to the hotbar (works only with inventory slots - not Bags)

If you wish to open bags create a macro using /togglebags this will open all bags at once

and for Bank window /show_window inventory.Bank Works great....needless to say i never have to carry food or drink on me thanks to this one....you can consume from bank window while in another zone you cannot however take items out and give to a friend while in another zone

and the Bank window will not work in a city that has a bank unless you have banker targeted