EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Closed Thread
Unread 06-25-2009, 09:04 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

If you have the borders disable per hotbar, I'm not sure, but I know when you have it enabled, it's actually controlled via the XML file.

See the red hex color:
Code:
    <IconBank BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Dragable="true" font="/TextStyles.Normal.NormalStyle" framecolor="#B5935A" iconframepadding="0" iconpadding="0" iconstyle="/IconStyles.button" Location="11,0" Name="Icons" PackSize="a,a" renderframe="true" renderoutlines="true" ScrollExtent="384,32" Size="384,32" textcolor="#C3C3C3" textmargin="2,-1,2,-2" treatasbutton="true" />
Glad you like the mod. Enjoy changing the color how you see fit
This would be something that would be possible for me to code into a possible Mod Option window in the future. *noted*
Unread 06-26-2009, 05:50 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
If you have the borders disable per hotbar, I'm not sure, but I know when you have it enabled, it's actually controlled via the XML file.

See the red hex color:
Code:
    <IconBank BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Dragable="true" font="/TextStyles.Normal.NormalStyle" framecolor="#B5935A" iconframepadding="0" iconpadding="0" iconstyle="/IconStyles.button" Location="11,0" Name="Icons" PackSize="a,a" renderframe="true" renderoutlines="true" ScrollExtent="384,32" Size="384,32" textcolor="#C3C3C3" textmargin="2,-1,2,-2" treatasbutton="true" />
Glad you like the mod. Enjoy changing the color how you see fit
This would be something that would be possible for me to code into a possible Mod Option window in the future. *noted*

that worked great Thank you
Unread 07-17-2009, 11:58 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Beta 1
Default Zoning window issue

Hey, first off I want to say that I am LOVING your zoning window. I use Fetish and have been trying for a long while now to do exactly what you have done with this window b/c I like to see the concept art while I'm zoning, and would still like the UI to be visible but haven't been able to get it done. Fetish makes the art so small, and tints it so that you don't get a good feel for it, and the default covers the UI, so there wasn't any happy middle ground, especially since I wasn't able to figure out how to get what I wanted done, and then I saw your mod and it's exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much Anywho...

I am having a small issue with the zoning window, it's not making itself fill the entire screen. It sits in the top left corner of the screen and only fills maybe 3/4 of the screen If I had to take a guess I'd say the size of the zoning window is only maybe 1024 x 768, or maybe 1200x800 while my resolution is set @ 1600x1200. Is there a simple fix for this, or do you know why it may be doing that instead of just resizing to fit my screen?

I know enough about XML, and the UI that if the fix is something simple like just switching some values somewhere then I have no problem doing it myself if you can just give me the name of the attribute and what value I need to plug into it instead of what's there.

Again, AWESOME window, it is exactly what I was looking for and if I can just get this small kink ironed out....

Last edited by teddyboy420 : 07-17-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Unread 07-17-2009, 03:29 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyboy420 View Post
I am having a small issue with the zoning window, it's not making itself fill the entire screen. It sits in the top left corner of the screen and only fills maybe 3/4 of the screen If I had to take a guess I'd say the size of the zoning window is only maybe 1024 x 768, or maybe 1200x800 while my resolution is set @ 1600x1200. Is there a simple fix for this, or do you know why it may be doing that instead of just resizing to fit my screen?
Hmm, that's strange. I took the test screenshot on my monitor, which is running the game at 1680x1050. Your's looks a bit different I'm guessing from what you're explaining.
I don't think the Zoning window has any settings that normally get saved in the UI's layout file. I guess it's possible though.

Switch to the default UI, and see if it still happens. If it does, I'll go in and make sure the window has it's properties correct. Not sure why it would be acting differently for you
Unread 07-17-2009, 05:52 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Hmm, that's strange. I took the test screenshot on my monitor, which is running the game at 1680x1050. Your's looks a bit different I'm guessing from what you're explaining.
I don't think the Zoning window has any settings that normally get saved in the UI's layout file. I guess it's possible though.

Switch to the default UI, and see if it still happens. If it does, I'll go in and make sure the window has it's properties correct. Not sure why it would be acting differently for you
Ok, interestingly enough...and probably not surprising, the issue remained after I removed your zoning window and let it load up the default. It too appeared over in the top, left-hand corner. Other than that though it was the same size, and in the same location. So, I am assuming there is another file, probably in Fetish somewhere, that is causing the zoning window to appear like this? What other window could affect the zoning window like that?

edit: Could it be the eq2ui_hud? I noticed that sometimes these files (like eq2ui_custom, or eq2ui_mainhud) can sometimes have overriding attributes so I opened up the eq2ui_hud and noticed the following:

Code:
PackLocation="top,left" PackLocationProp="0000/0001,0000/0001" PackSize="absolute,absolute" 
PackSizeProp="0000/0001,0000/0001" ScrollExtent="1280,1024" Size="1280,1024"
Could that be the culprit? If it is, would removing the <include> eq2ui_hud_zoning.xml </include> from eq2ui_hud fix the issue or would it just make the eq2ui_hud_zoning.xml from the custom folder not load?

Last edited by teddyboy420 : 07-20-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Unread 07-20-2009, 04:21 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I don't think the eq2ui_hud file is necessary to have in your UI folder, unless it has includes for other files. Extra windows are usually included in the eq2ui_custom file now.

Try removing the eq2ui_hud.xml file.
Unread 07-20-2009, 05:13 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

It does have other <includes>, for savecustomoptions, selection, choice, slider, disconnected, and zoning of course. With that being the case, should I still remove it?

I just wanted to mention that since it's become obvious that the issue isn't with your file, and actually lies with it's interaction with someone else's files and that I really appreciate your help in working this out
Unread 07-20-2009, 06:30 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Well besides the "savecustomoptions" the other things are default.

Looking at the code though.... while the size may be set in the XML, it has a packsize of "absolute, absolute" which makes it size to the parent object (being the overall UI.

My zoning window's XML has the same thing (just like the default file).
So overall, I'm still not sure why it's happening.

Try changing your EQ2.ini to default before opening the game and see what happens with your loading screen.
Unread 07-21-2009, 03:10 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The root is 1024,768 based, so unless you modded the root too (and released it) a window with a 1280,1024 base will usually be problematic.
Unread 07-21-2009, 05:31 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Ok, so I removed the eq2.ini and allowed it to load up the default UI and the default zoning window looked just as it should and it filled my whole screen.

At this point, it's gotta be something else affecting the zoning file and it must be a Fetish piece. There was a zoning window included with Fetish but I stopped using it. I guess I should ask Zonx if he knows if any of the other Fetish pieces are causing this.

I don't know what gm9 is referring to with this "root", do you mean the EQ2ui.xml file? That had a mention of root in it, and your comment also made me check the other files like eq2ui, eq2ui_custom, and eq2ui_mainhud and they all have 1280,1024 as those values if that means anything.
Unread 07-21-2009, 11:27 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Sorry, my post was the wrong way around I think. Fetish is 1280x1024 based, every other UI 1024x768 based, so that's what's usually creating scaling problems.
Unread 07-21-2009, 01:07 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Sorry, my post was the wrong way around I think. Fetish is 1280x1024 based, every other UI 1024x768 based, so that's what's usually creating scaling problems.

Ahh, I see, so do you know a way I could make Drums zoning window play nice with Fetish? There must be something in one of the files that is over-riding the scaling in Drums zoning window, but I certainly don't know what it is, might you have any ideas on how to get around this and have the zoning window scale to my screen size, 1600x1200?
Unread 07-21-2009, 06:16 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Well, you could try this: Using my mod's eq2ui_hud_zoning.xml find this line:
Code:
<Page Activated="true" alwaysonbottom="true" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Name="Zoning" OnHideEffector="FadeOutEffector" OnShowEffector="FadeInEffector" PackLocation="left,top" PackSize="absolute,absolute" ScrollExtent="1024,768" Size="1024,768" version="1.1">
And change it to this:
Code:
<Page Activated="true" alwaysonbottom="true" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Name="Zoning" OnHideEffector="FadeOutEffector" OnShowEffector="FadeInEffector" PackLocation="left,top" PackSize="absolute,absolute" ScrollExtent="1280,1024" Size="1280,1024" version="1.1">
See if that helps.
Unread 07-21-2009, 09:35 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Ok, I tried your suggestion Drums and it worked...kinda

BUT, I took your suggestion a step further...I went through your zoning file and replaced all instances of 1024 with 1280 and all instances of 768 with 1024, and it worked....kind of. As you probably already guessed, it created some issues, but it did seem to fix some things...

The random art was scaled to the right size, but the black "frames" that usually go on the top and bottom were in the wrong spots, as were the progress bar, and the random "tips", probably b/c they all need exact coordinates, and what was there, or what I changed wasn't where they should be with the new scaling.

Well, I guess the bottom line is there is no "easy" way to get this working w/ Fetish The only way I could get it to work is to seemingly go through and manually place each piece, which I certainly don't know how to do. Oh well, thanks for all your help Drums and gm9, I really appreciate you guys even attempting to help me get this working.

Last edited by teddyboy420 : 07-21-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Unread 07-21-2009, 09:41 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The best way to fix this is to load the DrumsUI pieces into UIbuilder (found in a .zip in your EQ2 folder) without all the Fetish files (make a separate UI folder for this) and change the root window size to 1280,1024. That will scale all the DrumsUI windows including all the inline elements to the size they need to be for use in FetishUI. Save them and drop them into your Fetish folder.
Unread 07-21-2009, 10:03 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Thanks gm9...I took your suggestion (although I saw it before your edit, and loaded up the version straight out of the zip, that way all the changes I made wouldn't mess anything up), opened up Drums window in UI builder, changed it to 1280,1024, and saved it to my custom ui folder and it was PERFECT...

well, almost, I'm not sure how, but somehow I did something that made a few pieces of the window not show up when I loaded up the game. But I went back into the modified file and compared it line for line with the original and found that somehow, in the UI Builder I touched something that tacked the visible=false or show=false attribute onto a couple of the window pieces...specificaly the slideshow and a piece of the frame, lol. I simply removed the two offending entries and it now works fine.

Thanks for your help guys, i really appreciate it, and I am now loving the zoning window I have always wanted
Unread 07-21-2009, 10:43 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Glad you got it working mate. Shame I didn't notice the differing sizes earlier. Thanks for the help, gm9.
Unread 08-08-2009, 08:33 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Journal (Quest)

How correctly to enter into files eq2ui_journals_quest.xml and eq2ui_journals_active.xml the address other Internet of page that search it would be made not on ' http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki, and it is admissible on http://norrath.ru/wiki/ ?

Server:Barren Sky (Russia)

Last edited by Pride8 : 08-08-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Unread 09-22-2009, 11:54 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Readying the DrumsUI pieces for GU53. All should be ready for tomorrow.
Unread 09-23-2009, 08:01 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Sept 23rd, 2009 - Update:
-Journal (achievements, InfoCenter tabs now as add-on instead of included)
-Examine (updated search buttons, recipe examine, achievement examine)
-Zoning (DownloadingPage with dragon icon)
-Persona (Options tab: various checkboxes & dropdowns, Faction tab: dropdown size)
-Player (effective level, fixed Cure Arcane, no potions yet)
-Group (click to cure buttons tweaked, fixed Cure Arcane)
-Guild (updated XML for GU#53 code)
-Threat window (new upload)

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 09-23-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Unread 09-24-2009, 12:58 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Everfrost
Cool Lookin forward to a complete UI

This game could use another great UI, and it looks like you're the one who can do it.

Just put a complete package together and add an auto updater.
I know... sounds easier than it is. GL
Unread 09-24-2009, 01:37 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I'm glad you think so Since the beginning I've wanted to have a complete package but sometimes free time comes and goes. I think the time is close to me doing more pieces of the UI and adding more options to have a full release. I would like to keep the individual pieces up-to-date without dependencies because a lot of users like to mix-and-match.

An updater I wouldn't know how to do on my own though.
Unread 09-27-2009, 09:28 AM
A Griffon
Featured

-Updated Merchant window to include missing icons when buying various items (shards, etc)

-Updated StatBar StartButton window.

The Statbar mod now uses your character name in the settings file rather than class name. I'm hoping some users can test this out and see if it works well for them.

Afterward I'll add more/missing stats to the window. Thanks!
Unread 09-27-2009, 12:35 PM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryk2001 View Post
This game could use another great UI, and it looks like you're the one who can do it.

Just put a complete package together and add an auto updater.
I know... sounds easier than it is. GL
Totaly agree here your addons work well and look great would be a huge bonus for us all if a new complete UI was released since there are really only 3 and one of them is just ticking over now in my view anyways.
An auto updater would be usefull but not needed really Fetish doesnt use one and my girlfriend has no issues just downloading it and installing .
Unread 09-27-2009, 01:37 PM
A Griffon
Featured

While an updated isn't something I would worry about too much, I would like to research a decent installer! It can make it much easier to let the user decide what they install when it comes to various options, or alternate versions of certain windows.

Thanks for the support

I'm thinking of creating an in-game Options window specifically for the full UI so that extras can be customized in-game.
Closed Thread