EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 05-27-2009, 11:12 PM
A Crazed Gnoll
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk
Exclamation UIBuilder function question

Hello, I hope this is the correct area to ask this question. I want to know how to get the UI Builder to show different "phases" of a window you are editing.

Best to just say an example.

Example.

I can edit the tradeskill creation window. When I edit it, I see the window as it is showing during the time you are to click Begin or cancel to initially start making an item.

-=- However -=-

If I click the other areas of the window in the editor, the area shows up highlighted by the red outline box, I just cant see what it actualy looks like because it is still showing the other window so I end up editing the unshown window blindly.

I wish to change to the other areas of that window so I can see the other parts of the window that will appear. This way I can chenge the windows and actualy see the changes as I make them, not just blindly change them hoping I got the locations right.

I am sure they are all contained in the same file eq2ui_tradeskills.XML I just cannot figure out how to make EQ2UIBuilder show the various different windows.

I am sure this is a question with a simple answer. Please help a fellow Interface author out. Thank you.

Scorchingice

Last edited by ScorchingIce : 05-27-2009 at 11:18 PM.
Unread 05-27-2009, 11:40 PM
A Crazed Gnoll
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk
Default Cant delete but found answer

Sorry, Realized it was just the visible setting for each root window area. Also just now seen the little eye icon right under Properties Page that makes each area of the window shown or hidden. That really just made my day. No more blind changes. I can actualy see what I am doing.

Does the Happy Dance !

Last edited by ScorchingIce : 05-28-2009 at 03:10 AM.
Unread 05-28-2009, 03:37 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Just in case: You need to always open eq2ui.xml in UIbuilder and never any other file. Also the visibility changed are applied in game also if you save the window so make sure to change them back before you save.