EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 02-02-2010, 12:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default EQ2maps does not work

I installed per the instruction and everything goes ok except that it does not launch the game so I have to launch the game manually. It does tell me it can't launch the game and to do it manually. But when I go in game the eq2 map is not there only the game ma

My system is Vista but it did noit create any problem when I installed it. I read the problems some people were having unless I miss the one that discribed my problem I did not see it. Can you help me? tks
Unread 02-02-2010, 01:37 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

On the EQ2MAP updater screen click on Options and set your correct EQ2 path, you currently have the wrong one.
Unread 02-02-2010, 01:58 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

tks that fix the launcher but I still don't have eq2map in game.
Unread 02-02-2010, 02:16 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeldarkday View Post
tks that fix the launcher but I still don't have eq2map in game.
Sounds like you only fixed the "Autolaunch EQ2" path but not the "Everquest 2" path. Or you did not run an update after fixing the paths.
Unread 02-02-2010, 02:33 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Never mind lol it is working lol. Been away for 2 years and the look of it changed and with the problem at first with the launch I thought everything was not right.

Spent 2 hrs lol at 2am this morning to try to find out why it was not working while all the time it was.

Sorry for the inconvenience feel really stupid now.
Unread 02-03-2010, 06:58 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default I am haven the same problem

i am haven th e ssame problem. first time working with windows vista. the current path is ( C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II ) what is the correct path? also i had to have it do a complete search for more files then what was downloaded. if you can help me out there that would be great. i also run eq2 maps and eq2 as Admin. mode just incase you think that as part of the problem.
Unread 02-03-2010, 09:16 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastremage View Post
i am haven th e ssame problem. first time working with windows vista. the current path is ( C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II ) what is the correct path? also i had to have it do a complete search for more files then what was downloaded. if you can help me out there that would be great. i also run eq2 maps and eq2 as Admin. mode just incase you think that as part of the problem.
Assuming you're using the newer non-streaming patcher, that should be the correct path. I don't know what you mean by having it do a complete search for more than was downloaded -- the patcher should automatically download any files that are missing.

Verify that the version of the game you are actually launching is installed in that location and not somewhere else.
Unread 02-03-2010, 09:54 AM
A Griffon
Featured

You can always confirm by checking the path of any shortcuts you use to run the game (Right click -> properties, look at Target: location)
Unread 02-03-2010, 12:55 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

If I understand you correctly you will need to go change the access to your programs files so that you will see them all. I had to do that myself.
Unread 03-15-2010, 05:22 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default More DOTS! (becasuse no dots on some maps)

Hello, The problem I am experiencing is that when I run the updater which launches the game, it loads files etc. and the maps appear in game okay, but I think not all the location dots etc. aren't showing up. In the expansion zones which I was in last night, I couldn't see any markers at all, not even the dot to designate my group member's locations. Also, when I do see the dot for my group member's location, the dot is so tiny, it is very hard to see. I know it didn't use to be that way, but seems to have changed since the expansion.

I think I have the correct pathing for where the files should be loaded, etc. and so, I don't know why I don't see the dots on the map for points of interest, etc.

Is there some other update I need to load? If so, what and where and how?

Thanks.
Unread 03-17-2010, 04:13 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Nektulos
Angry Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!pls

I have the same problem, I tried everything listed in the post, I still get the error message Unable to connect to the remote server. I am using Windows 7.
Next to options, it says There were error(s) UI Directory: EQ2Map. I can not lauch the game from the map and do not have the map in the game.
I tried to delete Eq2map and load it in different folders, also with no luck.
I had a friend who told me what his was loaded under and it does not change, will not load the exe file any where. I even tried the command line parameters.
Anyone have any other suggestions?
Unread 03-17-2010, 04:20 PM
EQ2MAP Developer
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

If it can't connect, it might be the firewall.
If you don't have the maps ingame or missing pois, you have your game path setup wrong , open otions and browse right.

When you install the updater use the default path in the installer, please don't change it, no need to install it in your eq2 folder.
Unread 03-17-2010, 04:20 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default I found my problem in the eq2.ini file

This reply is a reply to my own earlier post.

There was an additional path in there which pointed to the EQ2MAP folder instead of the "Custom3" I had my stuff in. So I just put a * in front of the line which pointed to the EQ2MAPS folder which makes it like a comment instead of a command, and it works now. (I already had the pathing for the Custom3 folder in the ini file, but that line had a * in front of it, so I deleted the * and now it works fine.)
Unread 03-17-2010, 04:57 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Nektulos
Default reply to other message

A reply to my earlier post.
It was working fine until I downloaded the Profit UI for the new expansion.
I tried using the 1st path (C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest II, then tried other paths in Autlaunch EQ2 and Launch File 2 still dont work. I dont have any POI's or in game. It is not my firewall I checked that, it is allowing EQ2Maps, problem now states "There were error(s) UI Directory: EQ2MAP or There were error(s) UI Directory: Profit UI"
Dont know what path to use? Dont know how to fix the error(s)

Last edited by yeriel : 03-17-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Unread 03-18-2010, 11:33 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Try right clicking on the icon and "run as admistrator" I have windows 7 also and that is how it worked for me.

However, i don't know why when I'm in a group, none of my companions show up on the map??? anyone know?