EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 10-13-2007, 06:48 PM
A Sea Turtle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow
Default Tab buttons not aligning right

I'm wondering if anyone can help me - currently, I'm trying to re-use some elements from Tablets 2. Just about everything is working for me, with one exception - tabs. For the life of me, I can't seem to get the tab frames to align properly. Specifically, the "north" edge of the active tab frame, and I'm seeing a gap between the inactive tabs and the box they appear above. The rectangles I'm pulling the images from appear to be OK - but nothing wants to align properly. I saw a post that said to try making full rectangles for tab buttons, rather than just using the nw, north, and ne pieces, but that only made things look worse for me.

If you were to DL the last Tablets2 on this site and open it in uibuilder, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Any thoughts or help on the subject would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Unread 10-13-2007, 07:50 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I didn't check the Tablet files, but I looked at how I did it in ProfitUI. The tab styles only use center, east and west images, having no problems with that. Active and Inactive tabs are perfectly aligned.

If your styles are ok then I suppose it is maybe a problem with your graphics files (alpha channel issue?).
Unread 10-13-2007, 10:05 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Everfrost

Hmm.. They look alright to me.. The gap is designed to be there

They should like they do in the t_window_elements.tga except in game they will get stretched to accommodate the label. You can edit the .tga file to connect the line.
Unread 10-13-2007, 10:12 PM
A Sea Turtle

I'll have a look at your UI a bit later (been using it to actually play the game, since nothing I've done seems to work - heh).

I'm actually finding all sorts of problems now - for one, I can't seem to pin the spinner in the hotkey window to the top/center. It's almost like it discards ANY vertical location info. Frustrating, since it looks fine in UIBuilder but falls apart in game. I tried both center,top and cfc,nfn for packlocation, both with the same results. Basically, the spinner ends up dead center in the window. Is it hard-coded to vertical center now? I'd really prefer to have the spinners always visible, but putting them on the sides like that creates a lot of deadspace with the layout I like to use.

Thanks for helping me out again!
Unread 10-13-2007, 10:20 PM
A Sea Turtle

Here's what I'm seeing - very strange stuff. The vertical lines go away if I reduce the "north" rectangle to 1px wide. Can't seem to fix the alignment, though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tabs.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	6025  
Unread 10-13-2007, 10:22 PM
A Griffon

Yea, that file is from (05-27-2005 02:28 AM). There has been a bazillion patches since I abandoned the project.. Sorry..
Unread 10-13-2007, 11:07 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The graphics look like you should extend the SourceRect upwards. And the spinner can be moved, you've just got horizontal and vertical switched.
Unread 10-13-2007, 11:56 PM
A Sea Turtle

d'oh.

I'll keep plugging away at it!

Thanks for the input guys!
Unread 10-14-2007, 10:05 AM
A Sea Turtle

Man, I know this has gone offtopic from the thread title, but I've given up on the tabs for the time being.

The spinner - are you sure I had that "packlocation" syntax backwards? Swapping them doesn't do the trick - I thought it was "horizontal,vertical". Do any up-to-date interfaces have spinners at the top of the hotkey window? I'll post pictures of what's happening when I get a chance.

Edit - Talyns! thank you! Whatever you did appears to have worked! Was it the text in the tab buttons?

Last edited by Prefader : 10-14-2007 at 10:34 AM.
Unread 10-14-2007, 11:04 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prefader View Post
The spinner - are you sure I had that "packlocation" syntax backwards? Swapping them doesn't do the trick - I thought it was "horizontal,vertical".
No that's right, I thought you might have been trying to do them the other way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prefader View Post
Do any up-to-date interfaces have spinners at the top of the hotkey window?
I can move the spinners in my interface freely, I had actually quickly tested that before responding to your post. But seems your problem is solved anyway.
Unread 10-14-2007, 01:28 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Talyns! thank you! Whatever you did appears to have worked! Was it the text in the tab buttons?
Huh? I didn't do anything.. LOL.. I just updated the description of UI to say it didn't work in game anymore..

Last edited by Talyns : 10-14-2007 at 01:31 PM.
Unread 10-14-2007, 01:34 PM
A Sea Turtle

That's pretty weird . . . They look fine now. Go figure.