EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 03-05-2008, 06:52 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Crushbone
Default G15 LCD display Idea if could be made sweet!

was wondering if anyone would beable to make a mod for the G15 LCD window to allow chat ingame to pass though the display while not having the game in the foreground

and to have a window ingame to select what chat will be passed though to the G15 display
  • Tells
  • Guild
  • <lvl> chat
  • Say
  • ECT...

just think it would be nice to have while in game yet browsing the internetz.
Unread 03-05-2008, 06:58 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

Yea that would be an awesome feature! I use a G15 as well and would love to be able to see /tells or guild chat on my LCD display
Unread 03-06-2008, 03:05 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I do not think that can be done, although not having a G15 to test this with I'll say I'm only 99% sure.
Unread 03-06-2008, 08:01 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default Station Launcher

Can't you do this with the station launcher beta software? I know it won't go to G15 display but I thought you could see tells, guild, etc?

Not sure but might help with what you are after...
Unread 03-07-2008, 03:13 PM
A Grassland Beetle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

the g15 wont/cant do that (i think). the "pages" are nothing more then tiny UI windows done in the same game UI space. anything data points you could access via an ingame UI mod, you can show on the LCD, but not much beyond that.

just got my g15 in the mail today. so i've only had a couple hours to play with it. but from what i've seen. its going to only be as usefull as sony lets it be.

its all stored in eq2ui_mainhud_g15.xml if you want to look at the default code. you can even bring up the window ingame via /show_window MainHUD.G15 .

as for the chatting with Launcher. it only does tells right now, no channel/guild chat. guild chat might be nice. you'd be able to have meetings and stuff and people wouldnt have to miss them because they were at work/school and couldnt launch the game. i have a feeling that what they did was add an external interface to the stuff that handles cross server tells, and routes it out of game.
Unread 03-07-2008, 04:13 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

I do not think you will be seeing guild chat soon on the launcher as right now this is a feature people actually paying for through eq2players.

hans
Unread 03-07-2008, 04:39 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel12345 View Post
I do not think you will be seeing guild chat soon on the launcher as right now this is a feature people actually paying for through eq2players.

hans
Aye. Currently if you subscribe to the advanced guild tools, you're able to connect via chat room (like an IRC chat) via your web browser, and talk in guild chat.
Unread 03-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Aye. Currently if you subscribe to the advanced guild tools, you're able to connect via chat room (like an IRC chat) via your web browser, and talk in guild chat.
Yeah. You can freak people out with that thing too, as they won't see you log into it but you can see them talk and talk to them. Hehehe
Unread 03-09-2008, 06:48 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

not what i ment

i was meaning while the game is running and ur browing though the internetz u might miss a tell if ur not constantly alt + tabing back and fourth can a page be added to have chat going to the lcd display...
Unread 03-12-2008, 01:24 PM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Permafrost
Default What I would like to see...

on the G15 keyboard LCD,

1. Norrath/Earth time

2. compass info, where am I? where do I need to be?
Am I headed in the right direction?

3. something to inform me I have a tell or game mail.

4. Basic guild info (like, who just logged in or out, who is on right now, in general where they are in Norrath)

Im sure there is more but that's just off the top of my head.

Lexi
Unread 03-15-2008, 11:14 PM
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Well I could see that as possible but I don't think it would be with the xml itself. I know ACT can put info in the LCD so ACT or another program could read the log file and put chat text in the lcd window.