EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 04-03-2007, 12:59 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Missing report: gm9?

Hi. I'm wondering where the author for this UI has been lately? I know RL detracts from the game and even more for a programmer, but you really should check in every now and then. There are many cries for help here in this forum after this last big patch. Other authors have fixed various problems the day after it hit. If i'm not mistaken, this happened after the last big patch as well. Took almost a week for something to get resolved. Don't get me wrong folks, I love this UI and will continue to use it as long as fixes are made in a timely manner but it seems to me that the author has just lost interest in this UI. If this is not the case then I apologize in advance, but if it happens to be the case, perhaps the author should give some serious thought to passing the torch to someone that has the time and interest to keep this wonderful UI above water. Just my 2cp anyway.
Unread 04-03-2007, 01:21 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

Don't ge me wrong, but,

What do you consider "in timely manner" in updating a UI, a not-for-"Profit" job, that is done in the precious hours of free time, and requires a certain intrinsic motivation to perform?

I know its been a few but give him some more time. Meanwhile these forums do have an attachment feature and patches can even be uploaded to the download area. The community has the ability to keep the torch above water. Remember, it was relit once before with the Profit UI hence the Reborn.

Perhaps a more productive thread to start would be one like "Ok folks lets get the so-and-so window fixed. That way if GM does return he will have less work to do, so that he can play the game that he pays probably around 200 dollars a year to play.

I apologize in advance if I offended anyone.

edit 4/26/07:
I would just like to note that this wasn't meant as an attack on Ladygold. I posted it because of the multitude of similar post at the time (which is perfectly natural and understandable when something you use, even need, to play is malfunctioning). I wasn't trying to suggest to people that they should donate (just that GM spends money to play and now just to update the UI). I just thought people needed to look at it from an author's perspective. So again sorry if I offended anyone (especially Ladygold).

Last edited by Talyns : 04-26-2007 at 11:56 PM.
Unread 04-03-2007, 02:05 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unrest

The Interface authors do their work for free, and I am very grateful. I understand that this takes away from the authors personal time and that sometimes updates are very time consuming. On the other hand, this is a featured project which gets more attention and notice than other projects.

The last post I see from gm9 is about a month ago, unless my search parameters were wrong. I believe he even expressed that he hasn't had much time for this project lately. That being said, it would be nice at least get a post saying, that he can't get to it right now.

I don't know what the policy is for donations, but I don't mind donating a little to the projects that make my gaming experience better.

I hope to see you back gm9, I love your ui mod.

Unread 04-25-2007, 03:53 PM
A Brown Bear

gm9 is back!
And accepting donations.

Great post, Talyns.

Last edited by Kirianna : 04-26-2007 at 10:25 AM.
Unread 04-26-2007, 07:55 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Thank you Kirianna. It was in fact ansar's post that gave me the idea.

I'd also like to expressly thank Talyns for the post above, it is just the perfect response in every possible aspect. I'm considering stickying the thread for it.

Last edited by gm9 : 04-26-2007 at 07:59 AM. Reason: typo
Unread 04-26-2007, 10:24 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirianna View Post
gm9 is back!
And accepting donations.

Great post, Talyns.
*corrected*

Oops I just saw my mistake. I meant to say "Great post Talyns". (No offense Ansar.. sorry).
But Ansar had a point too, lol

Ok, shutting up now.
Unread 04-26-2007, 09:52 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
. . .
I'd also like to expressly thank Talyns for the post above, it is just the perfect response in every possible aspect. I'm considering stickying the thread for it.

You're welcome