EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 07-17-2006, 05:04 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Any way to export Guild Events to a text file?

Hello,

I am trying to put together a newsletter for my Guild. Is there is an interface mod that would allow a person to copy and paste the contents of the Guild Events Log into a plain text file? Or perhaps a little program that would just dump all of the Guild Events Log into a plain text file? Any tips would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance!
Esa
Unread 07-18-2006, 06:20 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unrest

Stumbled across and bumping in hopes that someone will have at least a yes/no
Unread 07-20-2006, 03:58 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The only way I see is to dump them to your chat and then manually find and copy them out of your chat log.
Unread 07-20-2006, 06:07 PM
A Brown Bear

Oh thank you for the suggestion gm9!

As long as there is a way, I don't mind if it takes a few steps... sure beats the heck out of typing everything by hand. Can this be done using the standard UI or does one need to be running your ProfitUI? Could you please elaborate on the process a little bit? How do you dump Guild Events into your chat log? Sorry to be so dense but I am completely clueless when it comes to this

Thanks again! w00t!
Esa

Last edited by attesa : 07-20-2006 at 06:15 PM.
Unread 07-20-2006, 06:36 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

No it's me actually, I should have elaborated. I suppose that a custom UI can - without actually having checked this - access the guild events data from the UI. Once you got this, it is trivial to dump this to your chat. If you have logging on, it should end up in your log files.

I don't know whether there is any UI out there that can do this (ProfitUI can't, at least). If you don't find anything, I'll maybe give this a shot on the weekend.
Unread 07-21-2006, 12:54 AM
A Brown Bear

I don't know if any other custom UI can do this, but a search of these forums for "export guild events" didn't give me any hits. It seems this request originally appeared about a year ago, but it doesn't look like Sony is responding to it.

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/e...ssage.id=14166
http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/e...ssage.id=14167

It would be great if you could incorporate it into ProfitUI! Please give it a try when you have time.

Thanks,
Esa