EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 09-14-2011, 05:19 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Splitpaw
Smile wishing for a traidskill impulses timer!

when traidskilling the durability and progress bar moves to my estimate every 3 seconds. when traidskilling i would really love to have the reaction countdown timer. as it seams then the 4second impulse come it's also then the traidskill event to counter pop.
to often in traidskilling i happens to space out and pressing trade skill buff then this event pop and the impulse happen. when i press Begin/repeat a 3 second timer could start refreshing to start every 4 seconds until item has been created. it could be a stopwatch count down timer of second whit decimals, a "hourglass" solution or a bar that fills up like the common loading bar.
this really would help then crafting to HQ (prayer shawl) and the traidskill weapon as thous quest include crafts that kill you if you fail to counter, it is ofc easier to not buff at wrong time whit a easy tracker of when the impulse will occur. some can learn this and have a inner timer for this but i'm one of them despite years of practices can't get this inner timmer.
i'm hopign for this in some form as this would make a big differences for me =)

edit: got the thought i might should add that i'm using profit ui now

Last edited by Emelie : 09-14-2011 at 05:36 AM.
Unread 09-14-2011, 06:16 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

I could add a repeating 3 second timer but it would be impossible to make sure it was constantly in sync with the tradeskill process. The easiest way to make sure you are pressing the reaction arts at the appropriate time is to watch the ts window and when you see the durability or progress bar move that is the start of a new cycle. Hit the buttons then and you will not be surprised by the events popping while pressing the buttons.

Silat
Unread 11-18-2011, 06:48 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Splitpaw

is it harder to make such timer then the autoattack one? i have no idea so i have to ask, do game have better triggers for the autoattack to work properly perhaps?

i try to keep focus and use the buffs between the impulses but a timer would help as i get lost now and then. with 8 tradeskillers i haven't ones being able to make the timed shawl part when buffing wrong is lethal. my husband have to make that step for me as i just can't keep focus (i have ADD). it i would see how close it is next impulse it might go better.
Unread 11-18-2011, 03:05 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emelie View Post
is it harder to make such timer then the autoattack one? i have no idea so i have to ask, do game have better triggers for the autoattack to work properly perhaps?

i try to keep focus and use the buffs between the impulses but a timer would help as i get lost now and then. with 8 tradeskillers i haven't ones being able to make the timed shawl part when buffing wrong is lethal. my husband have to make that step for me as i just can't keep focus (i have ADD). it i would see how close it is next impulse it might go better.

Emelie, see if the attached tradeskill window will do what you're looking for. You get a graphical progress countdown, similar to spells on the hotbar, and an additional sound whenever an event reaction is needed. Everything is optional -- there are a few default settings near the top of the XML file that can be tweaked as needed: Side-by-side (default) or single-pane, hide/show the progress bar, and sound/no sound on reaction events. You can also choose a different signal sound in the settings area.

The challenge with this request is making sure the 4-second cycle is accurately reflected in the progress bar. In testing it out it seems to be pretty accurate, but as a failsafe the progress bar zeroes-out each time a reaction event occurs. If you use the window controls to turn on/off the progress bar while you are in the middle of a combine, you'll have to wait until the next event icon pops up before the cycle will resume.

I tried dropping the window into ProfitUI (temporarily move or rename your current tradeskill window) and everything seems to work fine.

__
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	conv-buttons.jpg
Views:	815
Size:	279.0 KB
ID:	8008  Click image for larger version

Name:	brokerlogs2.png
Views:	32588
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	8810  Click image for larger version

Name:	redcharsel.jpg
Views:	810
Size:	298.0 KB
ID:	8827  Click image for larger version

Name:	wider-target2.jpg
Views:	1588
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	8833  Click image for larger version

Name:	betatools.png
Views:	7329
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	9101  

Click image for larger version

Name:	beta-ui-folder.png
Views:	13782
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	9102  
Attached Files
File Type: zip darqui_mercenary_small.zip (6.5 KB, 476 views)
File Type: zip charselect_less_red.zip (23.9 KB, 272 views)

Last edited by Darqwood : 11-05-2019 at 02:19 PM.
Unread 11-18-2011, 09:42 PM
A Griffon

I like this idea myself. I generally have no problem keeping time, but with nine level 90 crafters I've had LOTS of practice. Even so, it can be hard to read the various signs, and the show can get distracting. Having a single pulse timer, even as an option, would make it easier to focus.

I'm going to snag a copy of this and try it out.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 12-02-2011, 05:48 PM
A Griffon

Okay. Finally remembered to test this window (got a little buried with beta, etc.). It works fine with Profit and the pulse timer seems to track the crafting cycle quite well. I watched through several combines and the timer cycle always closely matched the usual events that mark crafting cycles.

-= Therendil =-