EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 11-13-2009, 05:58 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Unkown
Default Hovercast possible?

Is it possible to make it so that hovering over a UI element and clicking a spell would cast the spell on that target? Without actually selecting the target in the UI element?

IE.. I'm healing my group and have the main tank targeted. The assassin in my group gets hit and needs a quick heal. I hover my mouse over him, hit my heal key, and go back to healing the main tank. My target window wouldn't switch targets.
Unread 11-13-2009, 06:18 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

there is a multitude of mods available which does that
Unread 11-13-2009, 06:52 PM
A Forest Scavenger

most of the mods i've seen require you to click on little hotboxes set up in the group UI or raid UI.
Unread 11-13-2009, 06:58 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Isn't that what u asked for? Guessing I am misunderstanding what u are asking for.
Unread 11-13-2009, 07:15 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

I believe the OP is asking basically this:

They hover over a player in the group window with the cursor.

Now, lets say 1 is their hotkey for "Cure Minor Wounds". What I think the OP would like is for them to be able to hit 1 and for that spell to be cast on the player their cursor is over, rather than their current target.

If that is correct, then to my knowledge this that is not possible -- the game simply doesn't work that way.

If you are talking about the group window, then it might be possible to gin up a pseudo-hotbar and combine that with a modded player window so that it does /useabilityonplayer <whatever> and detects the player via the hovering part... but to my knowledge no UI does this and it would have to be done via a special hotbar that would not function like a normal hotbar.

So the short answer is "No," and the long answer is "Might be possible" but with the caveat of it likely being a kludge and the fact you would have to script your own kind of hotbar.
Unread 11-13-2009, 07:57 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

If it's that it sounds like the most complicated way to do healing I've heard of tbh.
Unread 11-13-2009, 09:03 PM
A Forest Scavenger

I'm just used to other games that had quite a few mods exactly like this. WoW had healgrid and healbot (not actually a bot). Both of which you could bind all of your mouse clicks to heals, and modifiers + mouse clicks also.

So with a 5 button mouse you would have basically 20 different heal abilities you could bind to just your mouse buttons. Then you would hover over thier health bar in the group window. Hit the mouse click that corresponded to your heal or other ability that you wanted. And it would go off. You could even enable the addon so it didn't switch your current target.

For example on my cleric in a different game.

Left mouse was my small heal, right mouse my big heal, mouse 3 my cure, mouse 4 my instant heal, mouse 5 my other instant heal. Along with a number of other assorted spells.

If you were not hovering over your group UI at the time the mouse buttons would act as normal though. So you could still select targets, mouse look etc.
Unread 11-13-2009, 09:14 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiersten View Post
I'm just used to other games that had quite a few mods exactly like this. WoW had healgrid and healbot (not actually a bot). Both of which you could bind all of your mouse clicks to heals, and modifiers + mouse clicks also.

So with a 5 button mouse you would have basically 20 different heal abilities you could bind to just your mouse buttons. Then you would hover over thier health bar in the group window. Hit the mouse click that corresponded to your heal or other ability that you wanted. And it would go off. You could even enable the addon so it didn't switch your current target.

For example on my cleric in a different game.

Left mouse was my small heal, right mouse my big heal, mouse 3 my cure, mouse 4 my instant heal, mouse 5 my other instant heal. Along with a number of other assorted spells.

If you were not hovering over your group UI at the time the mouse buttons would act as normal though. So you could still select targets, mouse look etc.
This is not WoW -- EQ2's interface is significantly more controlled in what we can and cannot do. We get lots of folks that come from WoW looking for things we cannot do here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
If it's that it sounds like the most complicated way to do healing I've heard of tbh.
I can see why it might be useful, but at the same time it might drive me bonkers if the game started doing that without me used to it.
Unread 11-14-2009, 03:53 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Heal/cast a spell on someone without targeting them? Is this what you're saying?? But with a keyboard button instead of the mouse.

It's significantly faster to use the mouse to just click the button since you're already taking the time to move it there. You just need something to click.. IE a button.

Of which... it's already been done.
Bind-able "fuctions"... not possible.
Unread 11-14-2009, 05:49 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
It's significantly faster to use the mouse to just click the button since you're already taking the time to move it there.
That's what I meant.

Or, in a group only context, F1-F5 to select the group member and then your heal hotkey.
Unread 11-14-2009, 11:24 AM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

Doesnt Profit allready have this in the group/raid windows the 5 little buttons? no need to change targets just press the button on the person in grp/raid that needs a heal.
Thoses can be edited to have all heals if you so wished fast and effective would be a nightmare going back to the F1-F6 selection as a healer in my view.
Unread 11-14-2009, 02:30 PM
A man among men
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen

Only thing we could do is make it so when you hover your mouse over the player it will switch targets, but there's no way for us to make it so when you hover your mouse you can cast the spell on that target while maintaining your current one.

Last edited by dragowulf : 11-14-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Unread 11-14-2009, 02:53 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragowulf View Post
Only thing we could do is make it so when you hover your mouse over the player it will switch targets, but there's no way for us to make it so when you hover your mouse you can cast the spell on that target while maintaining your current one.
Does the market price entry keypad window still bind to 0-9 when you call it up as part of a mod? Don't think I ever tried but that would be a way to do it if it works.
Unread 11-14-2009, 03:00 PM
A man among men
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Does the market price entry keypad window still bind to 0-9 when you call it up as part of a mod? Don't think I ever tried but that would be a way to do it if it works.
^^^^Uh what?????????

We could make it so that once you hover over the groupmembers window it stores your current target and when you hover over the players in your group it changes target to them, but once you unhover your mouse over the groupmembers window it goes back to the target stored in the code. The only problem that I see there would be that what if there are multiple "a giant worm"? As far as I know there's no way to know which one it will target and whether or not it would target the same one you were previously targetting.
Unread 11-14-2009, 03:05 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

/target_previous (or something like that)

But to be honest, the requested original post is a little bit over the top of what the UI can do, and there's already functionality close to it with buttons.
Unread 11-14-2009, 03:31 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragowulf View Post
^^^^Uh what?????????
I'm assuming lordebon's interpretation of the OP is correct, i.e. the guy wants to hit the number keys while hovering the mouse. There are only 2 windows in game which bind to the number keys, the hotkeys and the price entry window. The hotkeys/macros cannot access XML properties but the buttons on the price entry window can, so if that window worked it would be the only possibility create this mod.

PS: mob names are irrelevant since this is about healing fellow players, which have unique names and as long as they contain only ASCII characters can be scripted