EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 05-25-2009, 05:28 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Loot window

I use a few interface pieces here and there, nothing too fancy. My current problem that I'm wondering if it can be fixed is this. When looting in groups after killing a bunch of mobs, it opens multiple windows, and instead of stacking the windows, they slowly move diagonally across my screen, and from that point on, they open in any number of locations that one had previously opened. So far, the best I can do is try to manually restack them, and then a few will open in a pile before it starts going diagonal again. Is there anyway to make a loot window that will either stay put and stack on top of itself, or make a loot window that can hold the loot from multiple mobs on it so that its just one bigger window, instead of 10 or 12 smaller ones all over the place? I know it seems minor, but its a bit of an annoyance that no matter what I do....the loot windows just go where ever they want, even if I manually move and lock them.
Unread 05-25-2009, 08:50 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

To make them always pop in the same location change line 2 of eq2ui_inventory_loot.xml as below (bold is what to add). 100,100 is in the upper left corner. Bigger #s move it down and to the right. Save the altered file to your mods directory or it'll be overwritten when you patch.

<Page Activated="true" eq2opensound="ui_window_inventory_open" eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" Location="100,107" OnShow="Location=100,100"MaximumSize="1000,1000" MinimumSize="346,250" Name="Loot" ScrollExtent="346,250" Size="346,250" UserMovable="true" UserResizable="true" version="2.0.0">
Unread 05-26-2009, 08:03 PM
A Brown Bear

I've tried it, and it doesn't seem to be working. If I read the old file, it says location 100,107, that's the default place it pops up right? Where its just slightly down and to the left of the hp/power bars. Well, I added OnShow="Location=100,107" but it still seems to move around. I put the modded file into the folder with my other mods. Is Onshow suppose to make it appear in that location everytime it opens no matter what? And thanks for the help with this, its appreciated.

Also...I'm trying to edit it in notepad, where the formatting is all weird...random lines are spaced in and such...could this be affecting it? In order to test it, I was using different values for location, to see if it was moving it...is this not a valid way to test it? I'm not really too familiar with XML, so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not.

Last edited by Ronaku : 05-26-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Unread 05-26-2009, 11:50 PM
A Griffon

How very odd. It seems the OnShow event isn't triggering when the loot window pops up. I'll try to look at it tomorrow.

Any thoughts from the sagely lurkers out there in the interim?
Unread 05-27-2009, 01:37 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooka View Post
Any thoughts from the sagely lurkers out there in the interim?
This sagely lurker says to add a space after the red quotation mark.

Quote:
OnShow="Location=100,100"MaximumSize="1000,1000"
Unread 05-27-2009, 03:55 AM
A Brown Bear

I had a space after it on mine, still wasn't doing anything. Tested it with different numbers just to see if it'd move the window, but nothing worked.

This is the line from the xml file:

<Page Activated="true" eq2opensound="ui_window_inventory_open" eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" Location="100,107" OnShow="Location=100,107" MaximumSize="1000,1000" MinimumSize="346,250" Name="Loot" ScrollExtent="346,250" Size="346,250" UserMovable="true" UserResizable="true" version="2.0.0">

Last edited by Ronaku : 05-27-2009 at 04:33 AM.
Unread 05-27-2009, 06:46 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

In that case I'd assume that the client sets the window location a bit later than the script and thus overrides it. You could try a delayed relocation (pooka will provide you with the code. maybe. ).
Unread 05-27-2009, 04:00 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Everfrost

No, I'm not sure why it's not working, but I've worked with the loot windows before and they accept new locations on show.

I was trying to make them stack vertically at one point, but that project has slipped my short attention span. But anyhow, I had no problems loading them all in the same position.
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 05-29-2009, 12:44 AM
A Brown Bear

Well, I've tried playing with it more....the window still won't stick to one location. Is there any other way to do it? Or maybe put the onshow somewhere else or something?
Unread 05-29-2009, 06:24 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
You could try a delayed relocation (pooka will provide you with the code. maybe. ).
I'd be happy to, if I knew how to do that one myself.

Can you point me to a mod that currently incites a delay?
Unread 05-30-2009, 05:05 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooka View Post
Can you point me to a mod that currently incites a delay?
For example my target/implied target windows. However, for the loot window you only need a fake delay. Ronaku, replace line 2 of the loot window with this:

Code:
<Page Activated="true" eq2opensound="ui_window_inventory_open" eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" Location="100,107" OnShowEffector="Workaround" OnEffectFinished="Location=100,100" OnShow="Location=Workaround.TargetLocation=Location" MaximumSize="1000,1000" MinimumSize="346,250" Name="Loot" ScrollExtent="346,250" Size="346,250" UserMovable="true" UserResizable="true" version="2.0.0" >
<LocationEffector Name="Workaround" Speed="1,1" />
Edit the red part to change the location it relocates to.
Unread 05-31-2009, 06:43 AM
A Brown Bear

That worked, thanks a lot.

Hmm...well...while it does work...just noticed something while in a group. It seems to slowly and incrementally move the windows back to the location I specificed. Is this a result of the delay? And is there someway around it? Right now Location is 100,107, and the location I set it to be at after the delay is 100,107....would making the location after the delay different from the initial location make them all snap to the new location without this slow movement?

Last edited by Ronaku : 05-31-2009 at 04:11 PM.