EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 08-04-2008, 02:13 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Antonia Bayle
Lightbulb Persona Bar Persistent Display

Hey, I was wondering if you could maybe add info in your FAQ here, or somewhere, on how to make changes so the persona bar is ALWAYS up? I know it's easy to open it up when you want, but I find it to be a pain to have to open it up every time I log in.

There used to be documentation with Fetish on how to do this, but I don't see it now. I quit the game for about 3 months and just came back, had uninstalled the game completely and had to reinstall the game. And I have the same problem as before, the persona bar always disappears when I first log in.

After some searching I found my old thread where the answer was posted:

Quote:
Personabar Persistent Display:
Open the persona file _Fetish_mainhud_personabar.xml in Notepad and search for the following code:
PackLocation="left,top"
Replace with the following code:
OnHide="visible=true" PackLocation="left,top"
Save and Exit.
I'm sure there's probably others out there who have the same problem, and again I couldn't find documentation on this with the download or somewhere here on the forums. Just a thought.
Unread 08-04-2008, 03:30 PM
A Crazed Gnoll
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default Personal Bar Persistant Display

Use this:

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...ttingsSpy.html

EQ2 UI Settings Spy will allow you to change the persistence settings for any window (as well as size, position, etc.) as well as delete unwanted chat channels that you "inherit" from importing the UI settings from some other character but which you don't qualify to enter and hence can't delete.
Unread 08-04-2008, 03:37 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Jethal noted that the program might be having trouble with INI files after the GU47. Dunno if it is affecting everyone or not.
Unread 08-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Jethal noted that the program might be having trouble with INI files after the GU47. Dunno if it is affecting everyone or not.
EQ2 SettingSpy haveing issue with INI files? hmm I'll have to investigate.. as long as SOE didn't change the binary structure every thing should be fine.
Unread 08-05-2008, 02:20 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Oh yeah, can confirm that, it does not populate the modules and windows panel anymore, chat channels appear to be still fine. Haven't investigated further so far.
Unread 08-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Sounds like they added voice channel data after the chat channel data then. That would through off the the start of the windows offsets and leave the chat channel offices intact.
Unread 08-06-2008, 02:14 PM
A Sea Turtle

Well that's something I've never heard of. My primary intent in my original post was to suggest this information be posted somewhere easily accessible to those downloading Fetish who wouldn't know otherwise how to fix the persona bar. (Nor would they know about the program you just mentioned.)

It used to be in documentation with the download, but I don't see it anymore in the most recent download. Nor did I see it in the FAQs here on the forums.

Just a suggestion!
Unread 08-06-2008, 04:54 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

While this is not intended to be an attack on the OP, I am going to use them as the example here.

I am not sure what methods are typically used to look for information before posting, but everyone who has ever repeated a question or asked for something to be explained starts the thread with something like:

Quote:
Hey, I was wondering if you could maybe add info in your FAQ here, or somewhere, on how to make changes so the persona bar is ALWAYS up? I know it's easy to open it up when you want, but I find it to be a pain to have to open it up every time I log in.
This information has been available for as long as I have used Fetish. It is also easy to find using basic methods for locating it.

Start with the authors page.
Which is where you would have found information on Customization.
From there you would only need to scroll down a bit to find information on the Personabar features which are commonly modified to taste.
Unread 08-26-2008, 02:51 PM
A Sea Turtle

Maybe you didn't intend it as an attack, but it sure sounds like one. I wouldn't have posted this if I had been able to find it elsewhere.

In the Customizations section of the FAQ it says this:

Quote:
To set Personabar to open at login

While in-game, press Alt+C (this should display Personabar)
Now manually drag-and-drop the bar from its current location to another location. Now Drag-and-drop it where you want it to stay. Wait at least 1 minute before camping. You should actually camp to force a save. /exit may prevent the change from being saved.

I know it sounds odd, but for technical reasons, EQ2 will not save the window as open unless its manually manipulated.
This has NEVER worked for me. The only way I have been able to fix it is to edit the file like I said in the first post. That was my whole purpose for my original post, to request this information be posted somewhere more easily found and available.

Please don't point fingers at me and accuse me of not doing my utmost to find information. In fact this post was never put up as a question, it was put up as a SUGGESTION.

Last edited by Crystallyne.net : 08-26-2008 at 02:55 PM.