EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 03-18-2010, 11:48 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Grouping Members Not Shownig On Map

When Im in group, how do I see where my grouip members are on the map? I don't see them. I just downloaded 1.2.4 the other day. thanks.
Unread 03-18-2010, 11:51 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Since you mentioned in the other thread that you're using Profit, therein lies the issue. If you want to revert to the default EQ2MAP look for the map window, rename the eq2map_ignorelist.xml file in your UI directory to something else and then rerun the EQ2MAP updater and your icons should appear. Otherwise check the profit forums for updated map files.
Unread 03-18-2010, 12:56 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

In what path would that file be lordebon? I cannot find it anywhere.

Silat
Unread 03-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
In what path would that file be lordebon? I cannot find it anywhere.

Silat
eq2map_ignorelist.xml would be in the main folder for that UI, ie UI/ProfitUI if it is included (I don't use profit, so I don't know if you include it or not).

The files that were changed that may need to be updated are _Skinnable_Location_Images.xml and _Skinnable_Styles.xml. These are often included in a custom UI in order to give the window the desired appearance and those were the ones SOE changed slightly when they restored the old group icons.

Although if you don't include the ignorelist, I don't know why running the EQ2MAP updater wouldn't overwrite those files with the new versions and thus get the group icons to show up.
Unread 03-18-2010, 01:05 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
Since you mentioned in the other thread that you're using Profit, therein lies the issue. If you want to revert to the default EQ2MAP look for the map window, rename the eq2map_ignorelist.xml file in your UI directory to something else and then rerun the EQ2MAP updater and your icons should appear. Otherwise check the profit forums for updated map files.
Unless someone changed that in the meantime, ProfitUI does not modify EQ2MAP XML (or contain an ignorelist). The only EQ2MAP file ProfitUI modifies is the icon file, but that was not touched by the update.
Unread 03-18-2010, 05:43 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

actually, that was someone else that said they used Profit... i'm using Fetish Nightfall.
Unread 03-18-2010, 05:46 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I've considered using Profit but I used to play using Fetish Nightfall in the past and just got a little used to it. But GM9 is right, there is some sort of ignore list when I login using the map system.
Unread 03-18-2010, 07:55 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerstringz View Post
actually, that was someone else that said they used Profit... i'm using Fetish Nightfall.
Ah yes, Fetish does use an ignorelist. Go to this post and download those files into your Fetish install, replacing the old ones. They'll be inside your UI/FetishNightfall/eq2map2 folder.