EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 11-23-2006, 11:21 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default No maps in tester

Maps not showing in the tester. Not sure if I need a separate load pointing to the tester or not. I am in the new zones and playing a Fae. Also am suffering no Tool Tips on POIs like others in the regular game. Did read posts relating to the tool tip problem.
Unread 11-23-2006, 11:43 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

With "tester" you refer to your Test server installation? That is a completely separate EQ2 installation meaning your need to install all interface mods you want to use on Test to your Test server installation even if you already have them installed on your regular EQ2 installation. And of course you need to point the EQ2Map updater to your Test server installation if you want to keep it up to date (i.e. if you play Test and a regular server you need to update each of them separately).
Unread 11-23-2006, 01:17 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default EQII test server and maps

I got the EQ2Map Updater running on the test server. I went to Windows Programs EQ2Map Updater and dragged the test server Icon to desktop. Everything is fine with one exception. The autolaunch is not pointing in the right direction. For now I am happy to get the maps : ). Everything on installation was default. Any help on this one remaining snag would be appreciated.
Unread 11-25-2006, 08:27 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

To get the auto-updater to launch the test server instead...

Open the updater, then hit options. You should see a box with something like this in it: F:\Sony\EverQuest II\EQ2.exe

(Most likely it'll be C:\ something for most, my F drive is my main games drive. Yes, I have a lot of partitions.)

Change that to:

F:\Sony\EverQuest II\TestSever\TestEQ2.exe

And that should work. No need to check the "autolaunch" button.