EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 03-09-2011, 09:24 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Default Operators

hey guys. A little help if you don't mind.

TCOND = (CurrTopVal '>=' 1)
NCOND = (Parent.WC_Backdrop.BarBack.Height == 20)
HCOND = TCOND && NCOND

This code crashes the ui...all variables are set and paths exist.

Basically I have two things to check. I need to make sure they are both true and then do a third thing.

HCOND = TCOND && NCOND

Remove that line and it does not crash anymore (of course I'm screwed without it lol).

Any tips or ideas?

Thanks,
Silat
Unread 03-09-2011, 09:58 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

If you write that directly into the XML, make sure you encode it properly
HCOND = TCOND && NCOND
If that's not the issue, try encasing the operator in single quotes as well, can't hurt and usually helps.
Unread 03-09-2011, 10:13 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Tried the single quotes before I posted but it made no difference. Did not think about using the entities will try it and let you know.

Silat

Edit: that was the ticket. Thanks much!

Last edited by TalTal : 03-09-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Unread 03-10-2011, 12:13 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

I don't think you need single quotes on this:
TCOND = (CurrTopVal '>=' 1)

Just:
TCOND = (CurrTopVal >= 1)

And I'd wrap parenthesis around this:
HCOND = (TCOND && NCOND)
Unread 03-11-2011, 04:55 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

Using XML entities is a mixed bag. I'm pretty sure you have to use &amp; for an ampersand, but for greater than/less than, you do not use &lt;/&gt; -- Just leave them as is, regardless of it being bad XML.

I might as well use real examples of my own code that work successfully: (I don't think I've ever used >= or <=, specifically)
MATCH=MATCHNAME &amp;&amp; MATCHTARGET
FORCERESET=Parent.Progress.Bar.Progress < LastProgress

Last edited by EQAditu : 03-11-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Unread 03-11-2011, 05:00 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I've usually just used the UIBuilder since it'll save them out properly, and it's less annoying to look at when editing
Unread 03-11-2011, 05:34 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I appreciate the advice guys. I never have used the ui builder. Tried it once and hated it. I edit everything in dreamweaver and then test by /loadui or relogging.

Silat
Unread 03-11-2011, 09:33 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQAditu View Post
Using XML entities is a mixed bag. I'm pretty sure you have to use &amp; for an ampersand, but for greater than/less than, you do not use &lt;/&gt; -- Just leave them as is, regardless of it being bad XML.
IIRC the entities for <> work fine in formulas, however the parse chokes when you start chaining expressions containing them like we are doing here since at one point it stops interpreting them before trying to resolve the expression. But a simple (1 &lt; 2) ? 'true' : 'false' should work.
Unread 03-14-2011, 08:22 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

In general I do not do more than one operation per line and still had trouble using &lt;/&gt; in the past. I don't bother with parenthesis outside of string concatenation which is the only place I'll do more than one operation in a single line. I don't like using quoted strings either as they are too much of a headache. If I need a special/reserved character, I'll put it in an XML attribute and concatenate that.

Mostly, I don't trust the parser too far.
Unread 03-14-2011, 08:34 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I've done multiple string comparison in my UI code in several places. You just need to do the check and the result in a different line (at least far as I remember from testing).
boolCheck=(var1 || var 2 || var3 || var 4)
boolResult=(boolCheck ? true : false)
Like I said above, I save my code through UI builder, so it encodes the characters for me, but it definitely works.
If something is crashing me, I take it line by line until I find the problem. I'll even output variables to a chat channel if I need to go as far as debugging it line by line with feedback.
Unread 03-14-2011, 11:34 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
I've done multiple string comparison in my UI code in several places. You just need to do the check and the result in a different line (at least far as I remember from testing).
boolCheck=(var1 || var 2 || var3 || var 4)
boolResult=(boolCheck ? true : false)
You can do as many similar operations as you want, the above should even work in single line, but as soon as you mix operators you're out of luck. used to be like that anyway.