EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 03-13-2008, 06:12 PM
A man among men
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen

Welcome back. If you want to see some new and improved stuff that is good code take a look at some of the profit ui code in the custom page like the curescode, subclass detector, etc. It seems to be the opnly UI to date that has that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mother9987 View Post
Hello again, all. I've finally got my new toon back close to my guildies (level 65), and my work life somewhat sorted out. And I fired up the UIEditor for the first time in forever.

I was just messing with the connectionstats window, but it worked on the first try!

I'm thinking about catching some of my UI windows up to modern times if there's interest.

I know the group window needs overhauling. (Thanks to demyte and Athranil and Zonx - I've incorporated the click to cure code into it), and am working on a few other improvements based on my gameplay experiences since returning.

I know I'm playing with a default death window (which I'm guessing means the old one stopped working), and I've messed up in one group so far by clicking on revive when I shouldn't have. So that's on my list also.

Thanks gm9 for fixing the timer window. I suppose I could rerelease it with your code, but since I have no enhancements to that, I think I'll leave it.

Anyhow, I'm wondering - what else is broken, needs updating to take advantage of new features, etc. I can't make any concrete time commitments, but I'd like to polish up a few of my pieces.

And like I said, the group window is currently in opened up while I beat some new features into it.

Mother
Unread 03-13-2008, 07:42 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Welcome back. Again!
Unread 03-13-2008, 08:06 PM
A Griffon

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Welcome back. Again!
Thanks again! Before I was just back playing. I decided to start all over, since I wasn't happy with my assassin. I'm a fury now - should have been a healer from the start!

Anyhow, now I hope to be able to return to something I quite enjoy, making mods.

Mother
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 03-14-2008, 02:40 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Great to have you back Mother, I currently use the group, player, pet, targets & raid windows of yours and haven't seen much that needs fixing, nor anything major I would personally suggest.

My only request would be on the Target/Implied Target windows, it seems that the Implied target doesn't always seem to show percentage for health (as a 70+ Assassin this is something I watch alot for my final blow). I'm not quite sure what is causing it as I've really only modded a few windows here and there, and released windows I thought others might find useful.
Unread 04-08-2008, 04:21 PM
A Griffon

If anyone notices any problems with my group/player windows, please post them here so I can look right into them.

I've got a busy night, before I can log in today so if I know what's broken that I need to check/fix right away, hopefully I can get everything fixed in one patch and get it fixed tonight.

Unless of course everything is perfect already. Sometimes I *DO* impress myself.
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 04-08-2008, 06:44 PM
A Brown Bear

Mod Name: Mother's Health Windows

Limited time today, but I downloaded and installed this before patching. Once logged in, I immediately got the message that the Target window was out of date. Sorry. Didn't get a chance to test the rest of it due to time constraints. Hope someone else does! If not, I'll try again later tonight.

UPDATE:
Disregard what I mentioned above. I must've had the wrong setting. Reinstalled and it seems to work just fine minus the cure issue everyone else is having on their click-to-cure UIs.

Last edited by Vblackwolf : 04-08-2008 at 08:18 PM.
Unread 04-08-2008, 09:02 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vblackwolf View Post
Mod Name: Mother's Health Windows

Limited time today, but I downloaded and installed this before patching. Once logged in, I immediately got the message that the Target window was out of date. Sorry. Didn't get a chance to test the rest of it due to time constraints. Hope someone else does! If not, I'll try again later tonight.

UPDATE:
Disregard what I mentioned above. I must've had the wrong setting. Reinstalled and it seems to work just fine minus the cure issue everyone else is having on their click-to-cure UIs.
I'm sitting around bored, waiting for my system to patch. I think I've fixed the problems with the group window and yes, the target windows were messed up... an old mistake I keep dropping back into the mix. (That's what happens when you edit ui pieces on two computers.)

Well, time remaining just dropped from 90 minutes to about 15 minutes, so maybe I can test soon!
Unread 04-08-2008, 10:35 PM
A Griffon

Ok, I uploaded a fix for the problems I found. Please post if there are any others.
Unread 04-10-2008, 12:32 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Class names in group window

Would it be possible to have the class info drawn under the buttons for debuffs? I don't mind the feature, but it kinda gets in the way when I'm highlighting the group window to cure effects. =x

Otherwise, a very big fan of your group and raid UI's. Saves me a lot of UI real estate space and works well too.
Unread 04-10-2008, 01:18 PM
A Griffon

Yeah, I'm still tweaking the class display a bit... I got tired of having to mouse over every member of the group to see who was what class, who's my tank, etc...

If you're in combat now, the class info won't pop - but it's still not perfect. I'll see what I can do, I have some more ideas. But GU44 came before I had perfected them.

Edit: What I'm considering - and I'd love some opinions on this is either
  • If a group-member has a status effect, their class info won't pop on mouse-over.
  • If anyone in the group has a status effect, the class info won't pop on mouse-over for anyone in group.
Either of those with or without the current nothing pops if you're in combat.

Which do you think would be least annoying, but still help the original issue?

Last edited by mother9987 : 04-10-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Unread 04-10-2008, 01:51 PM
A Forest Scavenger

I'd say #1 if it's doable. If it's gonna cause too much overhead (not really familiar completely with how the UI system works) then #2 might be a better idea.
Unread 04-10-2008, 06:13 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I think if the combat icon is lit looking to see who is what class is not needed. Thus Class Level info should be off when combat is initiated.
Unread 04-12-2008, 04:33 PM
A Griffon

Default Group window

Well, I went to code the level/class not popping when groupmembers have a status effect. And I found that I had accidentally deleted the code that makes that info not pop when your in combat.

So, both are coded in and (theoretically) working. I'm gonna try to get a few groups and test the crap outta it and hopefully put out the much better version on Monday.

Thanks for the feedback
Mother
Unread 04-13-2008, 04:15 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks for the very nice MOD piece. I was coming over to this thread to request turning off the pop up, but it appears you are already working on it. Very nicely done and love the tank tracker.
Unread 04-13-2008, 07:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Awesome mods Mother - clean, mean and effective! Keep up the great work mate!

- Roldy

P.S I really really miss seeing my health/power percentages =( hopefully next release?
Unread 04-16-2008, 08:14 PM
A Forest Scavenger

so, after many attempts, i cant get your most recent update to show the actual bars

i know i have all the files correct, and all the eq2ui_mainhud.xml entries correct, it just wont give me the bar

really really odd
Unread 04-18-2008, 01:04 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindparadox View Post
so, after many attempts, i cant get your most recent update to show the actual bars

i know i have all the files correct, and all the eq2ui_mainhud.xml entries correct, it just wont give me the bar

really really odd
Have you tried a clean install of just my mod? If you do, and still have problems, PM me and I'll work with you to resolve.
Unread 04-18-2008, 01:25 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindparadox View Post

really really odd
I had the same problem with these, but it was easily fixed by copying the following into your eq2ui_custom.xml file:

<include>_Mothers_Styles.xml</include>
<include>_Mothers_Styles_1.xml</include>
<include>_Mothers_Styles_2.xml</include>
<include>_Mothers_Styles_3.xml</include>
<include>_Mothers_Styles_4.xml</include>
<include>_Mothers_Styles_5.xml</include>
<include>_Mothers_Styles_6.xml</include>
<include>_Mothers_Styles_7.xml</include>
<include>_Mothers_Styles_8.xml</include>
<include>_Mothers_Styles_9.xml</include>
<include>_Mothers_Styles_10.xml</include>

This includes not only what Mother suggested, but to also include the files mentioned inside that file as well. Is a bit overkill but I think my UI was being picky with the layered includes.
Unread 04-18-2008, 03:49 PM
A Griffon

Interesting. I'll have to take a look at how I did the whole include thing if it's causing problems.
Mother
Unread 04-18-2008, 07:19 PM
A Griffon

I wouldn't worry about it until you can verify it is causing issues on a clean install. I run a nicely modded Profit UI, and sometimes things don't mesh, so I end up jury rigging.
Unread 05-15-2008, 05:22 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Just a quick note regarding the new single 'cure all' ability...

Naturally with the recent update click to cure effects have been broken. I was able to fix my click to cure functionality pretty easily.

1. Open eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml in notepad
2. Search for the words Trauma, Arcane, Noxious or Elemental and replace these words with the word Cure. You should need to replace each word twice.
3. Close and save eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml
3. Open eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml in notepad
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3

- Roldy
Unread 05-18-2008, 11:11 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eluthria View Post
Just a quick note regarding the new single 'cure all' ability...

Naturally with the recent update click to cure effects have been broken. I was able to fix my click to cure functionality pretty easily.

1. Open eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml in notepad
2. Search for the words Trauma, Arcane, Noxious or Elemental and replace these words with the word Cure. You should need to replace each word twice.
3. Close and save eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml
3. Open eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml in notepad
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3

- Roldy
Yeah, sorry I haven't gotten this in the official release. I haven't played in a week.
Unread 04-07-2009, 09:04 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Update

anyone know how to make this mod work with the new updates?? for some reason when someone joins group it doesn't show their name or anything... sorry if this has been discussed before..
Unread 04-08-2009, 08:05 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenHearted View Post
anyone know how to make this mod work with the new updates?? for some reason when someone joins group it doesn't show their name or anything... sorry if this has been discussed before..
I have a version that appears to work. Sorry, I was trying to get some additional testing before releasing it, but I'll put it out this afternoon when I'm next near the computer with the necessary file.

You've just got to promise to not be mad if there's something I overlooked.
Mother
Unread 04-08-2009, 01:29 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by mother9987 View Post
I have a version that appears to work. Sorry, I was trying to get some additional testing before releasing it, but I'll put it out this afternoon when I'm next near the computer with the necessary file.

You've just got to promise to not be mad if there's something I overlooked.
Mother
Mad?? at you?? Never lol ever since I started playing 4 years ago I have been using your stuff.. you do great work keep it up