Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 02-26-2010, 01:46 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollinco View Post
Is there a way to make the text shadows in the chat window the default. I have to check it each time and want it on full time to make it easier to read chat text.
A good idea. I'm going to attempt to replace all the custom in-game options with real saving options so that they persist between sesions.
Unread 02-26-2010, 09:17 AM
A Grassland Beetle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
A good idea. I'm going to attempt to replace all the custom in-game options with real saving options so that they persist between sesions.
From what I understood, this caused a lot of added lag for no reason (aside from a small boost to readability). I actually downloaded a mod that removed the chat shadow to improve performance forever ago.

Quote:
The latest version of the player window matches the group window. Raid window border just been in there since forever.

And yes group click to cure has a "smart" check
Wait, does this mean the player frame got changed to match the old target frame =( -- or does it mean everything matches now?

Last edited by Qupe : 02-26-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Unread 02-26-2010, 01:22 PM
A Griffawn

Server: Runnyeye

The health bars seem to match, but there's still differences.
Unread 02-26-2010, 05:21 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qupe View Post
From what I understood, this caused a lot of added lag for no reason (aside from a small boost to readability). I actually downloaded a mod that removed the chat shadow to improve performance forever ago.

Wait, does this mean the player frame got changed to match the old target frame =( -- or does it mean everything matches now?
The player window matches the group window. The target/implied windows are still using the "old" or "default" style. The individual piece download for the target/implied will probably stay the same, but the one in the full UI will probably be updated to look like the group/player windows.

As far as custom, saving options causing lag: there is no lag to gameplay from these.

The only noticeable lag would be when you first load up or switch characters. It loads the settings once when loggin in, and then it doesn't run any code after that. That code gets fired off again when your character's name changes (switching characters).
Unread 02-26-2010, 06:02 PM
A Griffawn

Quote:
As far as custom, saving options causing lag: there is no lag to gameplay from these.
He's talking about text shadows causing lag.
Unread 02-26-2010, 06:10 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswebstar View Post
He's talking about text shadows causing lag.
Ah okay, I was confused by the text that he quoted
Text shadows cause a little extra FPS loss when turned on. My chat window has them turned off by default.
Unread 02-28-2010, 09:55 PM
A Forest Scavenger

I usually play in windowed mode.

I noticed when resizing the screen, the maintained spells window was constantly resizing itself, instead of staying the same size.
Unread 02-28-2010, 10:34 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Windows are very buggy when switching between screen modes or resizing. I recommend using /load_uisettings after resizing your screen.
Unread 03-01-2010, 06:02 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Hiya Drum,
Got your UI pack over the weekend and am loving it.. Got a question about some problems I'm having with the hotbars.. When I open a new one, I cant seem to move it where I want it.. They appear on the lower left of the screen but they refuse to move to the right side, they just collapse and eventually disappear.. Moving up and down can be a prob as sometimes the wont move back down as they collapse again.. Moving up is no problem..

Can you shed some light on what my issue is here as I want 2 more bars on the lower right of my screen but cant at the moment...

Thanks for your help..
Unread 03-01-2010, 06:08 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfhammer View Post
Hiya Drum,
Got your UI pack over the weekend and am loving it.. Got a question about some problems I'm having with the hotbars.. When I open a new one, I cant seem to move it where I want it.. They appear on the lower left of the screen but they refuse to move to the right side, they just collapse and eventually disappear.. Moving up and down can be a prob as sometimes the wont move back down as they collapse again.. Moving up is no problem..

Can you shed some light on what my issue is here as I want 2 more bars on the lower right of my screen but cant at the moment...

Thanks for your help..
Try turning the spinners on via Hotbar settings (try right clicking a border or a blank icon slot). You should be able to move no problem from the spinner number area.

Hope that helps.
-Drum
Unread 03-01-2010, 06:21 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ah great stuff Drums, your a star WIll try it after work.

P.S. When you gonna add info button to your pack?

Last edited by Wolfhammer : 03-01-2010 at 07:24 AM.
Unread 03-02-2010, 09:17 AM
A Brown Bear

I may be missing something, but I can't find the ok and cancel buttons on the tracking window. I am not able to use tracking without them.
Unread 03-02-2010, 10:54 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Just dropping in to give a big "Thank ya" to drumstix42 for all the work thats been put into these mods. I've been using bits and pieces of your ui for a long time, and this full drumsui with autoupdating is the bomb. Thanks again for all the hard work ya put into it. The game would be unplayable if i had to go back to the default ui.
Unread 03-02-2010, 02:10 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Glad you like the UI, Vitargo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollinco View Post
I may be missing something, but I can't find the ok and cancel buttons on the tracking window. I am not able to use tracking without them.
The "Track" button is the square button next to the con colors. To cancel, hit the X at the top right.

Cheers.
Unread 03-04-2010, 10:17 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Det Effects Placeholder

Firstly, I love this UI, and the auto-updater feature makes this a real keeper for me (since I''m too lazy to manually update!)

Anyways, the issue I am having is that I have a placeholder in the det effects window... its the same blurred icon you get when loading. I tried to read through all of the support threads and I did not see this issue previously reported. The icon just stays in the bottom slot in the window the entire time. I have tried erasing and re-patching the det effects xml with no luck. Any suggestions?
Unread 03-04-2010, 12:25 PM
A Griffawn

Nothing to do with the UI, it's a game bug.
Unread 03-16-2010, 05:09 AM
A Grassland Beetle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Has the option for hiding/showing the overlay buttons gone in? I downloaded the newest version and installed the normal group window (with pets) and don't see any option to disable the buttons. There is a show/hide overlay button tooltips but nothing about disabling them altogether.

Just switched to your effect/detrimental effect windows with icon sizer option and absolutely love them - as well as the changes to the group window button settings. Thanks a ton!
Unread 03-16-2010, 12:37 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qupe View Post
Has the option for hiding/showing the overlay buttons gone in? I downloaded the newest version and installed the normal group window (with pets) and don't see any option to disable the buttons. There is a show/hide overlay button tooltips but nothing about disabling them altogether.

Just switched to your effect/detrimental effect windows with icon sizer option and absolutely love them - as well as the changes to the group window button settings. Thanks a ton!
I didn't get a chance to include a complete hide yet no. Most of the changes yesterday were related to updating some of the initialization code to make it easier for me to maintain my standalone versions (as well as let others use them). Besides that were only a few tweaks, the updated group-with-pets, and the stat bar got a few minor tweaks.

More updates coming soon
Unread 03-23-2010, 05:10 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Nektulos
Default Quick Login

Is there currently a way to login fast by using the EverQuest2.exe. Basically when I'm in a raid or group for that matter and crash I launch the game from EverQuest2.exe which allows me to get back into game without dropping from raid or group. Unless I'm not seeing it can you add a menu so all we have to do is double click the toon we want and it logs us in. Right now it's were you have to type your user name and password and then it goes to char select.

Thanks...

Last edited by dawsonbrad : 03-23-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Unread 03-23-2010, 07:08 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Valor

if you mouseover the groupwindow and press enter key you always use first (1) key on the player under your mousepointer.

in my opinion this is annoying cause i often just leave my mouse and it walks over the groupwindow like there is some mousetrap and if i want to start chat then i use spells on them and not start writing in chatwindow.

possible to disable this?
Unread 03-23-2010, 10:47 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Hmmm funky. I shall look into that and try to disable it. Also, I'll look into quick-login stuff as well.
Unread 03-26-2010, 09:02 AM
A Sea Turtle

because i do much raiding and in my opinion the raidwindow is a bit huge, is it possible to shrink it a bit?

and hows it going with the option to disable the quick buttons to show up all the time? its a bit hard to click on someone in raid or group window and not click on a quickbutton. for me the only way to click on someone is to click on their health/power bar. for some reason their name isnt working if i click on it to target them.

greetings Nimda
Unread 03-26-2010, 04:35 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1Md4 View Post
because i do much raiding and in my opinion the raidwindow is a bit huge, is it possible to shrink it a bit?

and hows it going with the option to disable the quick buttons to show up all the time? its a bit hard to click on someone in raid or group window and not click on a quickbutton. for me the only way to click on someone is to click on their health/power bar. for some reason their name isnt working if i click on it to target them.

greetings Nimda
I'm open to any suggestion for the raid window. I'm not too sure how I can shrink it too much more. Maybe a few pixels here and there, but gimme any suggestions you think could work.

As far as hiding the quick buttons, I have finished up the code and should have it available this evening or tomorrow, as well as a few other minor updates.
Unread 03-26-2010, 07:33 PM
A Sea Turtle

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...aidwindow.html

this is a pretty nice piece of work. when i went away from profitUI i used razcUI a bit and then found yours and switched instant to yours but razc has also some good ideads
Unread 03-26-2010, 07:46 PM
A Griffawn

What I loved about Razc was the raid window. It's just perfect.