Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Closed Thread
Unread 11-19-2007, 05:54 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Grrr... ok I'll have to look at the Map code that changed. Not sure why the core_plugins changed since it has absolutely nothing to do with anything SOE changed. I expected the skinables to change, just didn't expect any of this to happen before I reviewed the code.
Unread 11-19-2007, 05:54 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle

Ok...I figure I can explain better what is going on with the map since the update with EQmaps updater this morning. Here is a screenshot of my map currently. It is only since I ran the updater and I assume it is because of whatever changes were made based upon what Othesus said a couple posts up

"A new eq2map should be available now. It is most likely not compatible with the current Fetish because of the plugins and fancy scripting.

The files involved are:

eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml
eq2map\core_menu.xml
eq2map\core_plugins.xml
eq2map\skinnable_Skinnable_Styles.xml
eq2map\skinnable_WindowElements.xml
eq2map\zones_freeport.xml
eq2map\zones_qeynos.xml
eq2map\zones_world.xml "

I did see these files update with the EQmaps updater. If you notice...there is no longer the checkbox for the fog, and windows are overlapping the waypoints button.

Hopefully this helps understand.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	map.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	6135  
Unread 11-19-2007, 06:26 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Replace the following files with the ones from Fetish v9.5 and you will have the most up-to-date Fetish map that you can get:

eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml
eq2map\core_menu.xml
eq2map\core_plugins.xml

Make sure to not run the EQ2MAP Updater anymore until Zonx puts out a new version of Fetish that addresses the current EQ2MAP Updater changes. Or be prepared to manually replace those files each time you run the EQ2MAP Updater.
Unread 11-19-2007, 11:37 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Sorry to mess up Fetish with the auto updater! I thought he had disappeared for the last few days.

If you want to make sure certain map xml files don't get overwritten by the auto updater you can set them to "Read-only" and the auto updater will skip them.

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 11-20-2007, 12:00 AM
A Griffon

Sorry Othesus but the Auto Updater fails with an Error when files that it wants to access are set to Read Only. I've already tried that during my testing for the Drop-Down Menu issues.

Oh, and no worries. I'm sure everything will get worked out one way or another soon enough.
Unread 11-20-2007, 12:07 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Hmm, what version of the auto updater are you using? That feature was added in version 1.0.10 a week or two ago. jnils has been putting a lot of work into it.
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...nOfficial.html

Visit Othesus World!

Last edited by Othesus : 11-20-2007 at 12:09 AM.
Unread 11-20-2007, 01:24 AM
A Griffon

Very nice. I noticed that you guys had been doing a lot of updating with that but I had thought that it was mostly for bug fixes so I didn't bother to look into more deeply. Apparently, it pays to read

Thanks for the info. Now I can use the Updater again without worrying about messing up the extra Fetish plugins and such.
Unread 11-20-2007, 03:39 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Thanks Florida and Othesus, I did as you both suggested and my map is all better now.
Unread 12-01-2007, 04:46 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Default ignoring posts

I reported a bug, and I was ignored. The bug is still there, when I attempt to install the 9.5 version of Fetish, I cannot log into the game, (even making sure to take the skins for new character out) Doesn't work. period.

I had backed up my old Fetish, with files renamed that pertains to any and all updates for RoK.

Nothing works. I can't have an AA window, I can't have an tradeskill window, or any of the new things in game.

And I am still stuck with an Exceptional Error when I log out of EQ2. Just gives me an Ok button and nothing else.

I have tried fresh reinstall, No go.
I have tried piece meal, and while it works. I don't like the default windows that I have to play with.

The customization thread, does not tell me how to fix the issue with the pull out bag, being the wrong size, and not showing all the bags. Also, the edit to be able to have it open when you log in, doesn't work.

Are you going to update for RoK, or are we going to have to find another UI?
Unread 12-01-2007, 04:52 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Default ignoring posts

I reported a bug, and I was ignored. The bug is still there, when I attempt to install the 9.5 version of Fetish, I cannot log into the game, (even making sure to take the skins for new character out) Doesn't work. period.

I had backed up my old Fetish, with files renamed that pertains to any and all updates for RoK.

Nothing works. I can't have an AA window, I can't have an tradeskill window, or any of the new things in game.

And I am still stuck with an Exceptional Error when I log out of EQ2. Just gives me an Ok button and nothing else.

I have tried piece meal, and while it works. I don't like the default windows that I have to play with.

The customization thread, does not tell me how to fix the issue with the pull out bag, being the wrong size, and not showing all the bags. Also, the edit to be able to have it open when you log in, doesn't work.

Unread 12-01-2007, 05:07 PM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Nektulos

I did a clean install of Fetish 9.5 (to a new directory, with no carry-over or modifications) and am having no problems.

The only time I have seen EQII fail to start (with, as a matter of fact, an Exception Error) is when it was trying to load a mal-formed XML file (viz., I had tried to modify a Fetish file and screwed it up).

Your reinstall of Fetish 9.5 is to a brand-new directory? Not to an existing one with files already in it? And your eq2.ini file points to the brand-new directory?
Unread 12-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shohanna View Post

It is updated for RoK, and malformed xml files should, at worst, automatically make it use the default ((I know, I've messed them up before and that's precisely what it does)).

As for your post being ignored... it was probably just missed. I know I try to answer most folks that have problems whose solutions I know. But back to your problem: it shouldn't cause you to crash. Or, if it would, it would do it when you log in, not logging out. Can you post the contents of your eq2.ini for us to see, and make sure that you're installing a completely fresh copy of fetish nightfall? But even then I'm pretty sure the UI isn't the problem. You have no crashing problems at all using the default UI?
Unread 12-01-2007, 11:53 PM
A Griffon

I was actually crashing right after RoK went live and having updated to FNFv9.5 but the problem was a misplaced quotation mark in a custom xml file that I had edited. The game would allow me to click Play but then would crash with an exception error shortly after, never actually making it to the character select screen or the game itself. Once that file was fixed the problem subsided.

I would highly suggest removing all traces of any Custom UI files and starting back over from scratch. Follow the directions to the tee and don't edit anything until you can verify that everything works as it should.

Last edited by FloridaFringe : 12-01-2007 at 11:58 PM.
Unread 12-02-2007, 04:38 PM
A Forest Scavenger

I did a clean install of Fetish 9.5 (to a new directory, with no carry-over or modifications) and am having no problems.

<quote>The only time I have seen EQII fail to start (with, as a matter of fact, an Exception Error) is when it was trying to load a mal-formed XML file (viz., I had tried to modify a Fetish file and screwed it up).

Your reinstall of Fetish 9.5 is to a brand-new directory? Not to an existing one with files already in it? And your eq2.ini file points to the brand-new directory?</quote>

I have reinstalled fresh directory, and I have not modified anything, and it crashed when I logged in at the character "Loading UI".

Now last night, I followed to a T, I accidentally deleted my back up. I was able to log in, except now the Map is default, no poi's, so I logged out, and editted the mainchat, (simple) and nothing else. When I logged out, the Exception Handling Error I have been telling you guys about, was still there.

When I use the Default UI, I don't get this error when I log out. So I know it's the UI.

Yes, I did fresh everything. The map is still borked, and I logged out and renamed the map, that loaded the Default and I hate it. Atleast before I deleted my backup, I had PoI's and the map didn't disappear, it just moved off center, and looked funky.

And I have no clue how to fix that and make it like it worked before hand.

<quote>Contents of EQ2.ini
ics_maxcameradistance 60
cl_movie_enabled 0
cl_ui_subdir UI/
cl_ui_skinname FetishNightfall</quote>

Contents of EQ Error Log
<quote>
SOEBuild=4542L
SOEVersionString=2007/11/28 15:32:42

EVERQUEST2 CRASH LOG

================================================================================ ==================
Unhandled exception EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0x700F0C8C
Application was trying to read from 0x03961F04
Region Begins At: 0x03961000
Region Ends At: 0x039A0000
Region Size Is: 0x0003F000 bytes
Memory Protection: PAGE_NOACCESS (00000001)
Memory State: MEM_FREE
Memory Type: Free
Game Data:

SOEBuild: SOEBuild=4542L
SOEVersionString: SOEVersionString=2007/11/28 15:32:42
Time at crash: Sun Dec 02 09:03:21 2007
</quote>

Thank you for answering my post, I appreciate it.
I also love this ui and prefer to use it over anything else and would cry a river if it's gone.
Unread 12-02-2007, 06:05 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Are you using the EQ2MAP autoupdater? If you are, have you tried installed FN and not updating the map and seeing if it still crashes you then?
Unread 12-03-2007, 02:24 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
Are you using the EQ2MAP autoupdater? If you are, have you tried installed FN and not updating the map and seeing if it still crashes you then?
Yes, and now I have no map. (backgrounds) I got the PoI's to work though it's quite wierd to see the PoI's with no background.
Unread 12-04-2007, 07:49 PM
A Griffon

I'm not sure if this is a Fetish issue or not as it's occuring with the Default as well but the only Tooltip that I get in the Options menu since RoK is for Resolution. None of the other options display a Tooltip what so ever. I've verified that all of my Tooltip options are still set the same as well.

Again, not sure if this might be due to another file other than eq2ui_options.xml or if it's a change that SoE made or even if it's a straight up bug with the game itself.

Any insight would be highly appreciated. Thank you.
Unread 12-05-2007, 05:42 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I have a minor problem, the Guild bank window only shows the tabs for 3 pages, and the barest corner of the fourth, enough to select it but it's a bit of a pain.

Is there any way to resize this window so i can see all tabs?
Unread 12-10-2007, 02:47 PM
A Griffon

Hello again. I wanted to give a brief update on the Map situation and how it relates to the EQ2MAP & POI Finder mods.

Previously, the following files needed to remain as those from the FetishNightfall v9.5 in order to work properly with the updated EQ2MAP files:

eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml
eq2map\core_menu.xml
eq2map\core_plugins.xml

As such, the eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml file seems like it can now be replaced by the EQ2MAP updater without any complications.

However, the EQ2MAP updater now includes a "OnMapChange Event" within one of the other 4 files that is needed for the latest version of POI Finder to work properly.

At this point, I have updated to EQ2MAP v1.0.15 and have marked the following files as read only and will deal with the POI Finder issues until a new Fetish version can, hopefully, address these issues:

eq2map\core_menu.xml
eq2map\core_plugins.xml
Unread 12-10-2007, 02:56 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFringe View Post
However, the EQ2MAP updater now includes a "OnMapChange Event" within one of the other 4 files that is needed for the latest version of POI Finder to work properly.
The changes were to those two files

eq2map\core_menu.xml
eq2map\core_plugins.xml

I am not sure how this interacts with Fetish (ie whether they can be replaced), but Zonx is aware of the issue, since he made the change to those files. With respect to POIFinder there is no issue except for the fact that you are missing the new functionality of having it automatically update the list on map change which I added (and which prompted the change to EQ2MAP). But since you never had that functionality before it does not matter much I guess.
Unread 12-10-2007, 03:50 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
The changes were to those two files

eq2map\core_menu.xml
eq2map\core_plugins.xml

I am not sure how this interacts with Fetish (ie whether they can be replaced), but Zonx is aware of the issue, since he made the change to those files. With respect to POIFinder there is no issue except for the fact that you are missing the new functionality of having it automatically update the list on map change which I added (and which prompted the change to EQ2MAP). But since you never had that functionality before it does not matter much I guess.
The functionality that I had before was being able to mouse-over the POI window and have it update. Now I need to close and re-open for it to update. What changes would I need to make in order to get that functionality back if at all possible? While I would love to see a Fetish update that would allow for the OnMapChange to occur automatically, which is probably possible considering his AnyMap (plugin_4) already uses that command, I can certainly live with the mouse-over update. Unless I'm just stuck with the close/re-open update in the meantime, which I can certainly live with as well mind you.

Please don't consider any of this complaining. I'm just reporting what I see as the updates continue to pour in. I love getting new advancements and just like to report the oddities as they happen with whatever updates we get.

EDIT: BTW, I replaced those 2 files with the ones from the updater and that didn't seem to work and the original conflicts with Fetish and the EQ2MAP came back as well. I also tried to manually add the OnMapChange references to both files but that didn't help either. I'm not any type of coder so this is definitely something that I'll have to trust to Zonx for a proper update.

Last edited by FloridaFringe : 12-10-2007 at 04:00 PM.
Unread 12-10-2007, 07:08 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

True, but the mouse-over update was only there in the previous version while I waited for EQ2MAP to get updated. You can add the following to the first line of the poifinder.xml to get that back

OnHoverIn="Parent.Map.TM_Plugins.TM_Plugin7.OnShowWindow.Activated=true"
Unread 12-11-2007, 12:39 PM
A Griffon

That works. Thank you.

I can remember a time when this was a feature that might have been apart of the older POI mod and that is why when you added it recently I was very happy to see it back. Then again, I could be mistaken but I could swear that was the case.

Either way, it's no big deal really. I just wanted to point out something that Zonx might want to consider when working on his next update.

What would really be nice, if at all possible, is for the "X" to appear when using the POI Finder in conjunction with the AnyMap feature. Right now the only reason to use the POI Finder when viewing a map that you aren't currently on is just to see if the POI exists in the first place. Being able to click on the POI Finder link and see the actual location as if you were actually on that particular map would be perfect.

At any rate, thanks again.

One more thing Zonx:
The "Fog" checkbox range covers most of the Waypoints button. Meaning that if you click on the Waypoints button anywhere from the "I" and left it will enable/disable Fog. Clicking on the "N" and right allows the button to function properly.
Unread 12-11-2007, 12:48 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Oh, possible that mother had that in the original version, it's the easiest workaround short of updating EQ2MAP (which has now been done).

Having the AnyMap plugin update map information for other plugins would be something for Zonx to add, but I don't see why it would not be possible.
Unread 12-15-2007, 01:28 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Actually gm9, if you recall from our discussion in the map team forum, the Fetish skin has been hacking in the OnMapChange event to support the AnyMap plugin for over a year. The only complication is that since a handler didn't previously exist in the core_plugins file, my hack was sending updates directly to my plugin.

What this means is that the currently available skin files for Fetish are overwriting the (now official) OnMapChange trigger, causing it to skip over the core_plugins page handler. The net result is that OnMapChange events for other plugins wont be triggered.

I'm currently waiting for confirmation that the map updater is no longer overwriting skin files. Once that's done, I just need to find time amidst end-of-year madness to post an update to Nightfall.
Closed Thread