Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread
Unread 09-05-2006, 06:12 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinilya
The text on the hotbars can be turned off using the Frame and Title Opacity sliders in the window settings for each hotbar ... hope that's what you meant
Sorry, I wasn't clear on what text I wanted to kill. I meant the maintainted spells window. I dont want or need to see the spell name or expiration timers. So, I know just enough XML to be dangerous but there was no way I could edit the Profit eq2ui_mainhud_maintained.xml file so I just renamed it and copied my old one into the Profit folder and that got rid of the text.
Unread 09-06-2006, 12:10 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Default Update#27

Hmmm, since the update this morning i am crashing when trying to log in a char .
Unread 09-06-2006, 12:18 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Permafrost

Same issue here. Unfortunately it's Profit because if I switch back to default I can log right in

I hope GM9 has a nice vacation, and will be looking for his fix.... in a few days
Unread 09-06-2006, 12:25 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Permafrost

After reading other UI threads and experimenting on my own, it's the start button/command center that is causing the crash. I deleted these files from the Profit folder and logged right in.
Unread 09-06-2006, 12:26 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Default Update#27

My problem was not profit related. i was still using Thor inventory which was causing th crash.
Unread 09-06-2006, 02:43 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Blackburrow

Not had a problem myself and been on most my toons this morning
Unread 09-06-2006, 06:46 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Excellent UI, I have been using it forever.

The picture doesn't show up in the paperdoll. All I have is a green window. Also, I use the smaller verison of the maintained spells on the left side. All spells show up except one. "Teachings of the Underworld" is cut off at "Teachings of the". Yes, I have the screen wide enough to show "Underworld".

Thanks again!
Unread 09-06-2006, 07:24 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Blackburrow

umm there isnt a paperdoll in profitui, inventory got condensed (and very nicely so) some time back. Are you sure you're using the latest version without an added in inv mod?
Unread 09-06-2006, 07:40 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by remma
umm there isnt a paperdoll in profitui, inventory got condensed (and very nicely so) some time back. Are you sure you're using the latest version without an added in inv mod?
Yes, it did. However, if you change the window settings for inventory to show frames and titlebar it will expand to show a green window - where it obviously looks like a paperdoll should be.
Unread 09-07-2006, 03:26 PM
A Coastal Crab

I just downloaded profit, and I'm trying to move my hotbars around, and it wont let me. I have made sure the window is unlocked, and clickthrough is not enabled, but still when I try to move a hotbar, it does nothing.

Also, was trying to move my bags a little, and i cant move those either. Is there any way to move the windows at all?

Last edited by Falvia : 09-07-2006 at 04:03 PM.
Unread 09-07-2006, 05:31 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yes after the update i'm haveing both those problems. I have a large green screen where the paperdoll image should be in my inventory screen. Also when I have my bags open, i cannot move the widows around at all.

All this happened after the last Live Update a few days ago.
Unread 09-07-2006, 08:33 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falvia
I just downloaded profit, and I'm trying to move my hotbars around, and it wont let me. I have made sure the window is unlocked, and clickthrough is not enabled, but still when I try to move a hotbar, it does nothing.

Also, was trying to move my bags a little, and i cant move those either. Is there any way to move the windows at all?
Click on/open up the Profit Ui control center, that will show you how to move the hot bars
Unread 09-07-2006, 09:58 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Anyone hear if and when the update is coming for GU27?
Unread 09-08-2006, 12:55 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

looked for awhile but 52pages is alot to cover looking for answer. anyone tell me how you can change the click to cast spells that are next to group members wanting to put my versions of heals etc there instead.

Last edited by smellycat : 09-08-2006 at 01:05 AM.
Unread 09-08-2006, 04:51 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Dunno whats up with this, but since LU27 I am unable to move my hotbars around. This applies to new hotbars or old ones. Tried closing and reopening then moving, made sure they aern't locked, etc. Anyone else experience this?

Last edited by black_cap : 09-08-2006 at 04:56 AM. Reason: after further reading.. looks like a few people above me are having this issue as well
Unread 09-08-2006, 05:10 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

After messing around a bit and reading Visuo's post, if you view the info center and hide the icons you can still move the hotbar around. While tedious you can still move them.
Unread 09-08-2006, 07:18 AM
A Coastal Crab

I can't adjust the size of my hotbars since the update. I assume it's all related.
Unread 09-08-2006, 08:40 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

how did you manage to move the hotbars?
Unread 09-08-2006, 06:25 PM
A Coastal Crab

Same here...hotbars can't be moved. Will try the suggestion in the control center.

Last edited by aceryn : 09-08-2006 at 06:28 PM.
Unread 09-09-2006, 09:23 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Splitpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradiscool01
I can't adjust the size of my hotbars since the update. I assume it's all related.
Ok I've manged to resolve this one as I was having it too...make it so that the background of the hot bar is fully over to the right on both options. Then make it the primary hotbar by right clicking it, then open up the control center for profitui and hit the hide all icons button...the hot bar is now moveable and resizeable.

Pain in the bum, but at least it works.

Now my issue that really annoying me is that I am now unable to move any of my open bags around the screen. Now, due to my deleting my old character uisettings file as part of trying to solve this all of my bags appear over each other in the top left corner of the screen. Which makes it bloody difficult to manage yer inventory.

Please release an update to fix this...or if anyone has any suggestions please let me know
Unread 09-09-2006, 10:31 AM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oggok

Bags are still movable by using the small box in the top, left corner.

Bugrit - 64 Monk - 51 Tailor
Boznak - 64 Warden - 41 Provisioner

Founder and proud leader of: Alternate Reality
Bringing the lazy slackery back in the game.
Unread 09-09-2006, 07:25 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Splitpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi
Bags are still movable by using the small box in the top, left corner.
He he that's great....thanks for the reply, it works prefectly. I guess I was used to being able to reposition the bags from anywhere, clicking and holding the top left hand box that pops up works a treat.

Thanks for the reply, you've solved some real headaches of mine

Last edited by WizardJP : 09-09-2006 at 10:41 PM.
Unread 09-10-2006, 11:05 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Arrow ProfitUI 2.8.1 etc.

Hiyas, I'm back from a very nice trip. If anyone wonders, I can highly recommend Bali as a holiday destination.

I just uploaded a new release v2.8.1 with a GU27 compatible inventory window, which should fix the crashes some of you were having. I also worked around the GU27-problem with moving hotkeys.

Not included in the release is the attached raid window. which I recreated based on the default. I'd appreciate if some raid leaders could test this out to check whether this fixes the crash bug when moving raid members around (assuming it works at all, the window is not tested by me so far). Don't bother downloading this if you are not a raid leader, it won't change anything for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visuo
Sorry, I wasn't clear on what text I wanted to kill. I meant the maintainted spells window. I dont want or need to see the spell name or expiration timers. So, I know just enough XML to be dangerous but there was no way I could edit the Profit eq2ui_mainhud_maintained.xml file so I just renamed it and copied my old one into the Profit folder and that got rid of the text.
The easy way is just to resize the maintained window to hide the text. Many windows have parts hideable via window-resizing, e.g. the effect icons of the group and player windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarionn
Hmmm..... I will get new laptop tomorrow. Is there a way to make 1280x800 preset or can you give me a hint how to do it?
I quote from the installation instructions listed at the download location:

Quote:
If there is no default file for your resolution, you should delete your uisettings file and not select any predefined layout. The interface is set up to place most windows in their correct positions, anyway. You will likely only need to do some resizing of the bars.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_raid.xml (52.6 KB, 287 views)
Unread 09-10-2006, 11:53 AM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oggok

Awesome gm9. Timely update as per usual.

Bugrit - 64 Monk - 51 Tailor
Boznak - 64 Warden - 41 Provisioner

Founder and proud leader of: Alternate Reality
Bringing the lazy slackery back in the game.
Unread 09-10-2006, 02:14 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

well guys, everytime i start my game...i find about 8 Chat windows all over the screen. I delete Žem all and /save_uisettings. Next time i start the game i got the same problem...any idea ?