EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > eXtremeUI

Unread 11-19-2007, 09:53 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Antonia Bayle

Going through the spell list it looks like the Dirge lvl 58 group Rez --Elegy of Awakening is missing.

I think "Gravitas Improves healing" should be just "Gravitas"

Last edited by ravnn : 11-19-2007 at 09:58 AM.
Unread 11-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravnn View Post
Going through the spell list it looks like the Dirge lvl 58 group Rez --Elegy of Awakening is missing.

I think "Gravitas Improves healing" should be just "Gravitas"
Ok will fix, thanks for the info.
Unread 11-20-2007, 05:35 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

This program is a great idea, and a long time coming! That said, here are some issues I've found:

-The Quick Switch function doesn't appear to be compatible with ProfitUI's own login data file, where characters and their account login data is stored. I don't know where the QS data is saved to, or accessed from, but would it be possible for it to save to the _ProfitUI_LoginData.txt file too?

-When attempting to install/update ProfitUI from the UI list tab I get an error about halfway thru basically saying it can't continue because the clock.dds file is read only. After this error I cannot access any individual UI tabs for UI's I've added from my favorites, and basically have to restart the program to see or update them individually. Removing the read only check from the clock.dds file appears to allow ProfitUI to update normally.

-Adding various UI pieces to my UI list like Othesus's latest map mod and Drumstix's knowledge window produced EAccessViolation errors when I check or uncheck the auto-update box. No info appears for these mods in their respective tabs, and updating them isn't possible.

-The C2C Group tab seems sort of confusing. Does it just mean "click to cure" or "click to cast"? Maybe I'm just confused because ProfitUI already has full funcionality for both cures and other spell casts in the group and raid windows. The headers for the tabs in the player and group section are the 4 different cure types, but then there are drop down boxes where u can select your class, and 2 of any spell that class has. Perhaps some clarification and rewording for this section is in order?

That's all from me for now. Keep up the good work Landiin!
Unread 11-20-2007, 06:52 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloora View Post
This program is a great idea, and a long time coming! That said, here are some issues I've found:

-The Quick Switch function doesn't appear to be compatible with ProfitUI's own login data file, where characters and their account login data is stored. I don't know where the QS data is saved to, or accessed from, but would it be possible for it to save to the _ProfitUI_LoginData.txt file too?
It's up to the author of any UI to support EQ2 Henchman or not. If you would like your UI to support Henchman, I sujest you contact your UI author.

Quote:
-When attempting to install/update ProfitUI from the UI list tab I get an error about halfway thru basically saying it can't continue because the clock.dds file is read only. After this error I cannot access any individual UI tabs for UI's I've added from my favorites, and basically have to restart the program to see or update them individually. Removing the read only check from the clock.dds file appears to allow ProfitUI to update normally.
Never tested vs read only files. Damn gm9 and Drago slacked on me there :P I'll add that to the list, good catch.

Quote:
-Adding various UI pieces to my UI list like Othesus's latest map mod and Drumstix's knowledge window produced EAccessViolation errors when I check or uncheck the auto-update box. No info appears for these mods in their respective tabs, and updating them isn't possible.
I'll look into what is causing this on these UI's

Quote:
-The C2C Group tab seems sort of confusing. Does it just mean "click to cure" or "click to cast"? Maybe I'm just confused because ProfitUI already has full funcionality for both cures and other spell casts in the group and raid windows. The headers for the tabs in the player and group section are the 4 different cure types, but then there are drop down boxes where u can select your class, and 2 of any spell that class has. Perhaps some clarification and rewording for this section is in order?
Basically if your UI supports Henchman's C2C scripts, you can program/script the 4 effects to do any thing you can dream up.

Quote:
That's all from me for now. Keep up the good work Landiin!
Your Welcome, and thank you for the detailed feedback

The C2C files are being tweaked ATM. With the new encoding of white space in node attributes I do not have work around this limitation any longer, so I am stream lining these files.

Last edited by Landiin : 11-20-2007 at 06:55 PM.
Unread 11-20-2007, 07:10 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
If you would like your UI to support Henchman, I sujest you contact your UI author.
Oh great, more feature requests I won't ever respond to.
Unread 11-21-2007, 11:42 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
If you un-check the offending file from the UI file tree, that will tell Henchman not to overwrite that file. This is prob the best way to handle this until the next update.
Unread 11-28-2007, 01:40 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Up EAccessViolation Error

When trying to install any UI I receive this error. Details:

An unhandled error occured in TUIMini.

Access violation at address 0050B077 in module 'Henchman.exe'. Read of address 00000000

Any sugestions as to what I may need to do to get this baby up and running

Looks lie a great EQ2 tool, can't wait to try it.
Unread 11-28-2007, 02:32 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanware View Post
When trying to install any UI I receive this error. Details:

An unhandled error occured in TUIMini.

Access violation at address 0050B077 in module 'Henchman.exe'. Read of address 00000000

Any sugestions as to what I may need to do to get this baby up and running

Looks lie a great EQ2 tool, can't wait to try it.
What UI's are you trying to install? That way I can try to recreate the error you are having.
Unread 11-28-2007, 11:54 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Smile Specific UI's

I am trying to install ProfitUI Reborn and eXtremeUI to see how things work. If you have some that you know work other than this I can try that also. I have a clean install and tried it and received that error.

Thanks
Unread 11-28-2007, 06:12 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanware View Post
I am trying to install ProfitUI Reborn and eXtremeUI to see how things work. If you have some that you know work other than this I can try that also. I have a clean install and tried it and received that error.

Thanks

I'll try to merge the two tonight and see why the TUIMini class is causing that error.
Unread 12-09-2007, 11:53 AM
A Brown Bear

after installing 4664 and 4665 (landiins' s Group and Player)

-- Which I cannot seem to even install without actually typing the numbers in the EIID field --

I get the following error on startup of Henchman :

TMain_GI, SL: 201 Unhandled error building interface model
'false' is not a valid boolean alue
Unread 12-09-2007, 05:14 PM
A Brown Bear

Default None of Landiins UI pieces will install without an error

Strangely I can install all of these:

[DrumsUI] Horizontal Journal LU40 Drumstix42 11-02-2007 08:15 PM

Othesus Maintained Spells window GU 39.1 Othesus 10-18-2007 03:59 PM

RickF7666 Experience 1.3 RickF7666 09-06-2007 08:28 PM [remove]

Othesus Active Quest Helper GU 36 Othesus 07-20-2007 06:04 AM

Milquetowst Info Center 070425 DBurgdorf 04-25-2007 09:00 PM [remove]

but if I even install one of Landiins UI Pieces it fails... Any Ideas Why Landiin?
Unread 12-09-2007, 05:35 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Posted on your portal as well

wasn't aware of it's existance at:

http://www.eq2interface.com/portal.php?id=9

but it's there now too
Unread 12-10-2007, 02:14 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakebinkley View Post
Strangely I can install all of these:

[DrumsUI] Horizontal Journal LU40 Drumstix42 11-02-2007 08:15 PM

Othesus Maintained Spells window GU 39.1 Othesus 10-18-2007 03:59 PM

RickF7666 Experience 1.3 RickF7666 09-06-2007 08:28 PM [remove]

Othesus Active Quest Helper GU 36 Othesus 07-20-2007 06:04 AM

Milquetowst Info Center 070425 DBurgdorf 04-25-2007 09:00 PM [remove]

but if I even install one of Landiins UI Pieces it fails... Any Ideas Why Landiin?
The 5 UI's you list do not include a UI install config file is why they don't create an error. I some how took out the boolean to string conversion code.
Unread 12-10-2007, 11:56 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

I'll upload a fix tonight for bought issues below or above..
Unread 12-12-2007, 10:21 AM
A Grassland Beetle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone

Trying this out now, and I'm wondering if there's any way to customize which folder a particular UI mod file will be installed in?

I'm asking because I know several UIs out there (including my own tradeskill one) offer multiple versions. My tradeskill offers a just-press-enter or a no-default-set version, Othesus' Maintained spell windows come in three different sizes, Dragonwulf's Inventory window has 6 different options. So far I'm seeing two different problems with the settings.

For some UIs with multiple options, one of the .xml versions will install in the correct directory, but others will create a new custom folder within my main UI folder. Example, the install directories for Othesus' Examine Window, which has two versions:

Code:
File will be installed at:
G:\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\Examine Window with hidden buttons\eq2ui_examine.xml
G:\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\maisui\eq2ui_examine.xml
Technically this wouldn't be too bad - I'd just ask it to not install the one with the custom UI folder - except the version I want is the Examine Window with hidden buttons.

Other multi-version UI mods end up installing everything in sub-folders of my custom UI folder. Taking Othesus again, his maintained spell window mod has three versions, depending on pixel size desired. Here's where the various versions are going to install:

Code:
G:\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\maisui\26 pixel size\eq2ui_mainhud_maintained.xml
G:\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\maisui\30 pixel size (default)\eq2ui_mainhud_maintained.xml
G:\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\maisui\34 pixel size\eq2ui_mainhud_maintained.xml
If I could customize those settings for individual .xml files, I could choose to install only the version I want and have it go to the proper place. Any thoughts?

Unread 12-12-2007, 11:13 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodrelhai View Post
Trying this out now, and I'm wondering if there's any way to customize which folder a particular UI mod file will be installed in?

I'm asking because I know several UIs out there (including my own tradeskill one) offer multiple versions. My tradeskill offers a just-press-enter or a no-default-set version, Othesus' Maintained spell windows come in three different sizes, Dragonwulf's Inventory window has 6 different options. So far I'm seeing two different problems with the settings.

For some UIs with multiple options, one of the .xml versions will install in the correct directory, but others will create a new custom folder within my main UI folder. Example, the install directories for Othesus' Examine Window, which has two versions:

Code:
G:\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\Examine Window with hidden buttons\eq2ui_examine.xml
G:\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\maisui\eq2ui_examine.xml
Technically this wouldn't be too bad - I'd just ask it to not install the one with the custom UI folder - except the version I want is the Examine Window with hidden buttons.

Other multi-version UI mods end up installing everything in sub-folders of my custom UI folder. Taking Othesus again, his maintained spell window mod has three versions, depending on pixel size desired. Here's where the various versions are going to install:

Code:
G:\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\maisui\26 pixel size\eq2ui_mainhud_maintained.xml
G:\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\maisui\30 pixel size (default)\eq2ui_mainhud_maintained.xml
G:\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\maisui\34 pixel size\eq2ui_mainhud_maintained.xml
If I could customize those settings for individual .xml files, I could choose to install only the version I want and have it go to the proper place. Any thoughts?
All this can be assigned in the henchman.xml file. The documentation for henchman can be found in my FAQ titled Configureing henchman.xml to distribute with your UI

Here is an example of the henchman.xml file for your maintained example.

Code:
<MyMod>
 <option filename="eq2UI_mainhud_maintained.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\" description="Maintained spell window options">
  <file filename="26 pixel size\eq2ui_mainhud_maintained.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\" description="Maintained spell window with 26 pixel icons"/>
  <file filename="30 pixel size\eq2ui_mainhud_maintained.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\" description="Maintained spell window with 30 pixel icons"/>
  <file filename="34 pixel size\eq2ui_mainhud_maintained.xml" default="true" uipath="ui\%customui%\" description="Maintained spell window with 34 pixel icons"/>
 </option>
</MyMod>
What that does is puts all 3 maintained files under the file eq2ui_mainhud_maintained.xml with the 34 pixel one being the one that is selected by default. The user can expaned the eq2ui_mainhud_maintained.xml file listing to see what options that can choose from.

Hope that is clear, as I am not the best at giving written instructions lol.
Unread 12-12-2007, 12:39 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
All this can be assigned in the henchman.xml file. The documentation for henchman can be found in my FAQ titled Configureing henchman.xml to distribute with your UI

Here is an example of the henchman.xml file for your maintained example.

Code:
<MyMod>
 <option filename="eq2UI_mainhud_maintained.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\" description="Maintained spell window options">
  <file filename="26 pixel size\eq2ui_mainhud_maintained.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\" description="Maintained spell window with 26 pixel icons"/>
  <file filename="30 pixel size\eq2ui_mainhud_maintained.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\" description="Maintained spell window with 30 pixel icons"/>
  <file filename="34 pixel size\eq2ui_mainhud_maintained.xml" default="true" uipath="ui\%customui%\" description="Maintained spell window with 34 pixel icons"/>
 </option>
</MyMod>
What that does is puts all 3 maintained files under the file eq2ui_mainhud_maintained.xml with the 34 pixel one being the one that is selected by default. The user can expaned the eq2ui_mainhud_maintained.xml file listing to see what options that can choose from.

Hope that is clear, as I am not the best at giving written instructions lol.
um... okay, I admit to being completely dense when it comes to many, many aspects of .xml coding. But I can't even find this henchmen.xml file you mention. The only .xml files which include the word henchman that I can find anywhere on my computer are eq2ui_henchman_C2CPlayer.xml and eq2ui_henchman_QuickSwitch.xml

Given the info in the FAQ, I'm guessing that the henchman.xml file works rather like the mainhud, journals, or custom.xml files. In which case, while it generally falls upon the UI mod creator to give a version of the .xml file which includes the proper coding, UI mod users can customize it as needed to include the proper coding for multiple mods? Or is this something that has to be in the .zip file, not in the custom UI folder, so if the henchman.xml file is never added to a mod I use but am having trouble with, I will never be able to use that mod with henchman?

I think I understand the coding you gave, but let me double-check that too. For my custom tradeskill UI then, with folders "Just Press Enter" and "No Default Buttons" which each contain a version of the eq2ui_tradeskills.xml file, my henchman.xml folder would have the following code:

Code:
<Root>
 <option filename="eq2UI_tradeskills.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\" description="Compact Tradeskill Window options">
  <file filename="Just Press Enter\eq2ui_tradeskills.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\" description="compact tradeskill window with just-press-enter function"/>
  <file filename="No Default Buttons\eq2ui_tradeskills.xml" default="true" uipath="ui\%customui%\" description="compact tradeskill window with normal ts-window function"/>
 </option>
</Root>
This would set it so the no-default-buttons version was the one to install if the user didn't specify differently, but whichever one the user chose would install in the correct folder. Have I got it?

Unread 12-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
um... okay, I admit to being completely dense when it comes to many, many aspects of .xml coding. But I can't even find this henchmen.xml file you mention. The only .xml files which include the word henchman that I can find anywhere on my computer are eq2ui_henchman_C2CPlayer.xml and eq2ui_henchman_QuickSwitch.xml
EQ2 Henchman will never extract the file henchman.xml to the users hard drive. That is why you can not find that file. henchman.xml is merely a file used to tell EQ2 Henchman where to un-zip all the files in the zip.

Quote:
Given the info in the FAQ, I'm guessing that the henchman.xml file works rather like the mainhud, journals, or custom.xml files. In which case, while it generally falls upon the UI mod creator to give a version of the .xml file which includes the proper coding, UI mod users can customize it as needed to include the proper coding for multiple mods? Or is this something that has to be in the .zip file, not in the custom UI folder, so if the henchman.xml file is never added to a mod I use but am having trouble with, I will never be able to use that mod with henchman?
Look at the henchman.xml file as a install config file for your UI mod. You include it in the zip so EQ2 henchman knows exactly what you want to do with each file in the zip.

You can use henchman.xml to tell EQ2 Henchman to unzip every file in to a designated directory or you can use henchman.xml to tell EQ2 Henchman what to do with ever file in the zip. If EQ2 Henchman does not find the file henchman.xml in the root of the zip it will guess at where it should unzip the files of the zip. Sometime it guesses wrong With the many ways people zip up mods there isn't a sure fire way to know unless the author includes the henchman.xml file.

Quote:
I think I understand the coding you gave, but let me double-check that too. For my custom tradeskill UI then, with folders "Just Press Enter" and "No Default Buttons" which each contain a version of the eq2ui_tradeskills.xml file, my henchman.xml folder would have the following code:

Code:
<Root>
 <option filename="eq2UI_tradeskills.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\" description="Compact Tradeskill Window options">
  <file filename="Just Press Enter\eq2ui_tradeskills.xml" uipath="ui\%customui%\" description="compact tradeskill window with just-press-enter function"/>
  <file filename="No Default Buttons\eq2ui_tradeskills.xml" default="true" uipath="ui\%customui%\" description="compact tradeskill window with normal ts-window function"/>
 </option>
</Root>
This would set it so the no-default-buttons version was the one to install if the user didn't specify differently, but whichever one the user chose would install in the correct folder. Have I got it?

Yes your code is correct

Last edited by Landiin : 12-12-2007 at 02:27 PM.
Unread 12-12-2007, 07:45 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Okay, I get it, thanks!

Though... I have to say that, having gotten it, I personally think this is a bad idea. Since there's no way for the end-user to tell Henchman "This mod is non-standard, so here's how I want you to install it" they must either

a) still manually monitor/install updates to UI mods that are not Henchman-compatible (thereby saving them little to no effort), or
b) switch to a UI mod that is Henchman-compatible (and possibly be forced to choose between preferred UI options or ease of installation).

More than a quarter of the custom UI mods I use have this problem. As another quarter are UI mods that haven't been updated in over a year and are likely not to be updated - or to be dropped by me until/unless a LU breaks them - you can see how this limits its usefulness severely.

Another problem is that it places an extra .xml file in compatible UIs which may cause some confusion for UI-mod users who do not use Henchman. I know for myself, my first reaction when I see two UIs with different purposes include the same file (typically eq2ui_mainhud.xml or now eq2ui_custom.xml) is to compare-contrast the two versions and merge them into something that works. However, since the henchman.xml file is one that EQ2 itself will never glance twice at, this isn't a game-altering situation and so is easily ignorable.

Having said all that, I do see where this can be useful, even if the UI installation option isn't personally useful to me. So I will be updating my UI mod to include that henchman.xml.

One request: documentation please? As shown by my complete confusion earlier, it took a while to find something that said straight out "UI Modders - if you have a non-standard install for your mod, you must include a henchman.xml file in your .zip to instruct Henchmean where to install for it to work," - it wasn't even in the link you provided for the Henchman FAQ. And there was nothing about "UI Users - if you use UI mods that do not install normally and the .zip file does not include a henchman.xml file, it will most likely not work with Henchman." Maybe this is my own obtuseness, but as I don't think I'm the most obtuse person in the world all the time on all things, my guess is other users and UI modders will have similar confusion. A note at the window where users actually download this file might help? Plus... I could also use some instructions for how the C2C and QuickSwitch options are supposed to work please? Again, obtuse me, but I can't figure out the first thing of how they're actually supposed to work.

Last edited by Lodrelhai : 12-12-2007 at 07:52 PM. Reason: correcting information that I did eventually find, just took some digging.
Unread 02-15-2008, 05:08 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Blackburrow
Default Strange Launchpad Issue

First off, I'd just like to say "fantastic mod". It has been saving me a ton of time that I used to spend needing to fiddle with stuff and has resolved more than a few annoyances for me.

My issue may not be due to EQ2Henchman, but since it's the one thing that's different I thought I would start here. (Plus I'm impressed with the quality of help seen here.) If I run Henchman and have it run the launchpad when it is finished, the launchpad always hangs on the "Scanning Files" window. Since Henchman is close at that point, I figured there was no way it could be Henchman. But if I reboot and run LaunchPad w/o Henchman, everything is OK. If I reboot and run Henchman which then runs LaunchPad, I get the same hang on "Scanning Files". I can kill the LaunchPad process and try again, but it's always the same unless I reboot and don't run Henchman first.

I really don't think it's Henchman, but right now I'm just sniffing around for clues. Kinda just hoping someone knows right off the top of their head and says "Oh, I know what that is! You need to do this." Which will then of course win my undying gratitude and entitle the aforementioned solution-bringer to call me a noob while beating me about the head and neck with the wet stumpy ends of my recently removed arms.
Unread 02-15-2008, 05:34 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumsamba View Post
First off, I'd just like to say "fantastic mod". It has been saving me a ton of time that I used to spend needing to fiddle with stuff and has resolved more than a few annoyances for me.

My issue may not be due to EQ2Henchman, but since it's the one thing that's different I thought I would start here. (Plus I'm impressed with the quality of help seen here.) If I run Henchman and have it run the launchpad when it is finished, the launchpad always hangs on the "Scanning Files" window. Since Henchman is close at that point, I figured there was no way it could be Henchman. But if I reboot and run LaunchPad w/o Henchman, everything is OK. If I reboot and run Henchman which then runs LaunchPad, I get the same hang on "Scanning Files". I can kill the LaunchPad process and try again, but it's always the same unless I reboot and don't run Henchman first.

I really don't think it's Henchman, but right now I'm just sniffing around for clues. Kinda just hoping someone knows right off the top of their head and says "Oh, I know what that is! You need to do this." Which will then of course win my undying gratitude and entitle the aforementioned solution-bringer to call me a noob while beating me about the head and neck with the wet stumpy ends of my recently removed arms.
Hmm sounds like Henchman is the common denominator here but I can't for the life of me think of why it would make the launchpad hang.

Couple of questions;
1. Where did you install henchman
2. is the Launchpad the default EQ2 Launchpad or the Station launchpad(currently in beta)

Do:
When launchpad is hung at scanning do ctrl+alt+del and look to see if Henchman is running in application or proccesses.
Unread 02-16-2008, 04:49 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Blackburrow

EQ2Henchman is installed in it's own folder under Program Files.
It's launching the default EQ2 launchpad.

I checked the processes in task manager and EQ2Henchman is no longer running. I also notice that Launchpad seems to be hung up at just over 51MB of memory used but doesn't appear to be using up CPU time.

Thanks again!
Unread 01-24-2008, 10:16 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default click to cure

can it be set up to use potions? and if so how.
Unread 01-24-2008, 01:15 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipsy View Post
can it be set up to use potions? and if so how.
Yes you can;

You will need the VDL number of the potion. You can get this by looking up the potion by name and EQ2Links or linking it in a /say command then looking at your log file. What you will is something like \aITME- <dvl #> <id #>:<item name>\/a. Once you have that copy the dvl # and go to where ever you want to use it and enter dvl <dvl #>. Exp (dvl 234234234) click on save and your ready to do.