is what he suggests although i have never had any trouble just doing

_everfrost_toon_eq2_uisettings.ini
Unread 04-26-2006, 01:08 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Drunder40, thanks!

mysteroe, if I understand you correctly, window frames for pop-up windows don't show for you and the graphics on the top and bottom bars are not visible? Sure sounds like something went wrong during the installation. Make sure you extract the zip to your main Everquest 2 directory.

Pulsar, make sure you extract the zip to your main Everquest 2 directory (not the UI directory). If you want the chat window setup, use the respective default UI settings I provided, called "...-c&b.ini" or something. See my response to red1086 below on how to install it.

red1086, that was just Spiricore's way to say to make a backup. You can rename it like hiroprotagonist does or also just delete the file if you don't need a backup. You can even leave the file alone and once in game type /load_uisettings. This will let you select the appropriate ProfitUI default settings without having to delete files, and you will keep your chat channel numbering. Deleting/renaming the file first, however, is the "cleanest" method.
Unread 04-26-2006, 04:55 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

hi again

I reinstalled as you said an got the same thing. Yes no boarders or window framing and no controll icons on the windows.

Any thing else to try?

Thanks
Unread 04-26-2006, 06:54 PM
A Berserk Golem

Default crashing...

hey not sure if anyone else posted on this.. but when i did a certain search on the broker it crashed the game and i had to close it
Unread 04-27-2006, 02:35 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

mysteroe, could you post a screenshot please?

speedycerv, you are the first to post about it, but I had already experienced this myself. Did you use the recent searches dropdown? I *think* it might be related to that, but I didn't yet have the time to test or fix it.
Unread 04-27-2006, 05:40 AM
A Griffon

I just encountered a new bug last night. When I set my main chat window to group chat I can just hit enter to talk in group like one would expect. But once I type in like /ooc or /gu, the chat window defaut chat reverts to that so with it set to group chat, and I then type in GC (/GU), every time I hit enter from there on it is in GC now not Group.. Same for /OOC. I set the chat window to group and when I hit /ooc and type something, the chat window defaults to /ooc.

Anyone else seeing this? is there maybe a new setting I need to set? I have run Profit UI from v1.8d to this 2.2 and never had this problem before. Ii am running v2.3 now.

I would like the default chat to stay at what I set it to and not change to any other chat I may send..

I believe the did an update yesterday morning and I never had this problem prior to that so maybe something changed.. not sure..

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Last edited by Drunder40 : 04-27-2006 at 05:56 AM.
Unread 04-27-2006, 06:34 AM
A Grove Wisp

Drunder... this is the default behaviour of the client now... i have been dealing with this since (?i think?) lu20 or 21... it was an update from sony that started this behaviour.... i think that there should be an option in the options window somewhere to change this.. but i have not bothered to take the time to look for it.
Unread 04-27-2006, 06:55 AM
A Griffon

Hmm well then why did this just start last night? I would think I would have noticed this right when it was first intorduced..

Anyway thanks for the reply.. I guess ill look for that option... I can't for the life of me figure out why something like that would even be needed but I guess they know what they are doing..
Unread 04-27-2006, 07:21 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

lol, this option has been there for almost as long as I've been playing. Quoted from the LU15 update notes (where have you been? ):

Quote:
- There is now an option to auto-switch chat types: Options -> User Interface -> Chat Window -> Auto-switch chat types. If checked, the default chat type will change whenever you use something other than the current default. For example, if the default chat type is set to /say and you type something using /gsay, the default chat type will then be changed to /gsay. Note: This option defaults to unchecked (off) for existing characters and checked (on) for new characters.
Unread 04-27-2006, 07:28 AM
A Griffon

ahh ok.. l recently re-formatted my Hard drive and re-loaded EQ2 so that must be a default setting.. I honestly missed that little tid bit in the notes.. Thanks a bunch for the info..

I usually pay close attention to the notes but yea I definately missed that ..

Appreciate it..
Unread 04-27-2006, 05:43 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hi

Ok hear is a screeb shot for you, and no I have not done the search yet will look into it. Have also found that I do not get a Pet window, and as a Illous. I do like my pet .

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000000.jpg
Views:	1365
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	4865  
Unread 04-28-2006, 03:03 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Wow, this sure looks strange. I'd have said an anti-aliasing issue, but from the jagged edges of your char you don't seem to have that activated. I'll try to come up with some ideas on the week-end.

Pet window is Alt-P
Unread 04-28-2006, 03:30 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Im trying to get the bar above your name to work correctly with smooth fonts. I have tried reinstalling the UI and I have both fonts in the Font folder in WINDOWS. Nothing has worked so far.
Unread 04-28-2006, 05:07 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Sorry, which bar (your name isn't even shown in the UI for all I know)?

Anyway, you can't currently use smooth fonts and small fonts at the same time, i.e. you need to disable one or the other. Then they work fine.

Btw, you don't need to put your fonts in the WINDOW\FONTS folder (I know Spiricore wrote this on the main thread).

Last edited by gm9 : 04-28-2006 at 05:09 AM.
Unread 04-28-2006, 06:27 AM
A Brown Bear

I do have a bug with my "Target Window".

I have no player names, instead their is "anonymus", how can i fix this?
Because to have your maintank with "anonymus" is more than crazy
Unread 04-28-2006, 09:50 AM
A Griffon

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by juStanDi
I do have a bug with my "Target Window".

I have no player names, instead their is "anonymus", how can i fix this?
Because to have your maintank with "anonymus" is more than crazy
Ok you have obviously been playing for awhile and based on what you posted and the fact that it is a very gereral description I am going to throw this out there..

Have your MT type /anon and you should then see his/her name. If they are not Anon already then please ignore this reply ..
Unread 04-28-2006, 03:39 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Thanks Drunder, that would have been my reply as well. Only problem is that /anon hides the level and class, not the name.

juStanDi, are you running the latest version (2.3)? In a previous version there was a bug with the target window where the effect icons would hide the name of the target.
EDIT: In fact I think I never uploaded the fix. I'll have to put up 2.3.1, there's a number of bugfixes hidden on my harddrive...

Last edited by gm9 : 04-28-2006 at 10:48 PM.
Unread 04-28-2006, 08:20 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Really weird...I woke up this morning and it was fixed...odd but kasai likey.

Last edited by kasai259 : 04-30-2006 at 03:06 PM.
Unread 04-29-2006, 11:48 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Serverwide chat channel bug

Hey guys,

Glad to see someone picked up the work on this awesome ui.

I haven't had any problems until about a week ago and I've confirmed it with a few other people...they are also having the same problem.

For some reason we are getting the message you are already in so and so, for me it is butcherblock.worldranger.. I'm sure its different for my friends.

The channel isnt in the chat options list and you can't chat in it..

A fix for this would be great.

Thanks
Unread 04-29-2006, 11:54 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

from the minute I loaded it up I have loved this UI, but I have a small problem
I can't find my xp or my personal hlth/pw/name window anywhere!
I've tried the alt + __ commands but it just says "This window cant be hidden" and I've also tried setting it to Do not allow windows off the screen so I have no idea where they could be! =(

Any ideas?
Unread 04-30-2006, 09:00 AM
A Sea Turtle

hey all

upgraded to 2.3 for the map fix, wanted to see the quest givers with the little flashing circle around the dot. As I dont really like the stats on the bottom bar I used the old experience and bottom resist bar.

problem the map doesnt show the flashing circle thing any longer. Any hints or tips to correct the problem would be great thanks.
Unread 05-01-2006, 05:19 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
Thanks Drunder, that would have been my reply as well. Only problem is that /anon hides the level and class, not the name.

juStanDi, are you running the latest version (2.3)? In a previous version there was a bug with the target window where the effect icons would hide the name of the target.
EDIT: In fact I think I never uploaded the fix. I'll have to put up 2.3.1, there's a number of bugfixes hidden on my harddrive...
Oh yea thats right lol.. Never mind.
Unread 05-01-2006, 05:23 AM
A Griffon

I just have a quick question. As I just reloaded my OS and EQ2 I think there are some EQ2 default settings that I need to change but not sure if this is in fact a EQ2 thing or a UI thing..

You know when you move your mouse over another player you see their health/power bar? well when I mouse over another player, I only see the power bar (Blue) and no health bar (Green).

Is there a setting in the UI options in EQ2. I looked but didn't see anything that would obviously fix what I am seeing.

Just curious.. thanks
Unread 05-01-2006, 10:01 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

mysteroe, I haven't been able to reproduce your display issues, so I'm a bit out of ideas what the reason could be. You should however be able to resolve it by going to your UI\ProfitUI\images folder and deleting all files including the \icons subfolder except for the file "profit.tga". Let me know if it works please.

kasai259, great that a night of sleep resolved the problem.

dusstybottoms22, this is a known SOE issue, look here

Lohil, have you tried using one of the included default ui settings files?

labrat, those circles work fine for me, and they come from the DefaultUI anyway. Check whether you didn't disable them in the eq2 options.

Drunder40, I know there's an option for that somewhere, but I have never managed to get either health or power to show anywhere else but in the target window. If it worked before for you, no idea how to get it back, sorry.

Btw, I'll have ProfitUI 2.4 incoming later today.

Last edited by gm9 : 05-01-2006 at 10:07 AM.
Unread 05-01-2006, 01:17 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Default ProfitUI 2.4

ProfitUI Reborn v2.4

is available on the main thread. Enjoy.

Btw, I don't know what became of Spiricore, but I suppose we'll have to create yet another new thread and download.
Closed Thread