With the EverQuest II patch today SOE has added a really nice Dungeon Finder to the game. With this update also brings changes to the default interface so a compare of the changes has been posted
for your modding pleasure.
To use the Dungeon Finder, click the “Dungeon Finder” button form the EQII menu your XP bar. (Or open the “Zones” menu by using ALT+Z.)
Note: The zones offered in the Dungeon Finder are based off your character’s actual level (not your mentored level). Mentored level has no effect on Dungeon Finder matchmaking.
10.6.11 Patch Notes
10.6.11 XML Compare
- You can queue solo or as a group (only group leaders can queue a group) for any dungeons you qualify for (based on level, critical mitigation requirements and if you have the required expansion on your account)
- You can either queue for a Random Dungeon (and get a +25% XP bonus while playing that dungeon) or you can queue for specific dungeons by only clicking the checkboxes next to their names. (NOTE: You don’t get the +25% XP bonus if you queue for specific dungeons.)
- If you leave the dungeon, and your group stays within it, you can use the “Return” button to zone back to your group without travel time.
- If your group isn’t full, the group leader can use the ‘Reinforce’ button to allow more players, currently queued in the Dungeon Finder (and who qualify), to join the group.
- If your group finishes a Dungeon Finder dungeon, the group leader can queue for another dungeon immediately (without needing to leave the dungeon the group is currently in). This should result in almost no wait time for the next dungeon as long as you still have a full group.