EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 03-18-2010, 12:10 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Nektulos
Default I need help pls

Hey,

I was using the EQ2Map Updater it worked with no problems, until I loaded the Profit UI.

I am using a new puter now, With windows 7, I purchased the EQ2 Sentinel's Fate. Using the streaming launcher.

Problem-- Profit UI does not pick up the streaming launcher -- and the EQ2Map Updater wont work unless the Profit UI uses the streaming launcher to launch the game.

I have read the FAQ's and the Instructions for loading the UI's and the Forums, I tried everything, using as Administrator, changing the paths, making an .ini file, nothing has worked yet. Stumped and frustrated.

Only way I can log in from the Profit UI window is to skip the launcher using the .exe file and I have no EQ2Map Updater logging in this way.

I dont know how or what path to use so that the Profit UI will use the streaming launcher

I need easy, detailed instructions, as I am an over-the-hill gamer age wise
with no knowledge of Windows 7 or computer language.

Thanks
Unread 03-18-2010, 12:55 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Let me see if I understand you. When you use eq2maps and it autolaunches the game you have a map but not profitui. If you navigate to the directory for the game and run everquest2.exe you are able to see profit but your poi's etc. are not showing for the maps.

If I read that correctly it sounds like you have two installs of eq on your pc. If not, please correct me.

Silat
Unread 03-18-2010, 03:08 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Nektulos
Default Reply

No EQ2Maps will not launch the game.
The Profit UI window in Settings, file path -Button Bypass Launchpad will launch the game with no EQ2Maps.
The Profit UI window under Setting, file path has 2 buttons - one is Launch EQQ2 and the other Button is Bypass Launchpad.

Just went to the window Profit UI and clicked on Settings, clicked on File path and a error message popped. And another one popped.
Tried to copy but I cant copy and paste sry
it Says "Exception thrown while opening database connection

java.sql.SQLException: File input/output error C:\Users\Home\AppData\Roaming\ProfitUI Reborn Updater\updater.backup java.io.FileNotFoundException: C\Users\Home\AppData\ Roaming\Profit UI Reborn Updater\updater.data( The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open)

Dont know how I got the ProfitUI Reborn added?
But if I can get Profit UI Updater fixed to use the streaming Launcher my Eq2Map Updater should work again.