EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread
Unread 11-13-2008, 07:52 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Bottom Bar

Hello, first off I wanted to commend the creator(s) of the Profit UI; it has helped me immensely in my travels throughout my time in EQII (I started in early January of this year). I was wondering if there's any way this bottom bar could be looked into, and I'll describe my issue in more detail.

It seems to me that the bottom bar defaults to the melee oriented version which shows mitigation, avoidance, dps, haste, etc. stats every time you log in. It has an alternate setting which allows you to see the more mage oriented stats like spell crit, casting speed, reuse speed, recovery, etc., but every time I log in I have to open window settings, click the drop-down window for "Frame and Title", and change the setting for it to show the correct information even though it is set to the "mage stat" setting every time I log off (Frame and Titlebar).

I realise this is somewhat of a petty issue, but if you find the time or care enough to look into it, that would be awesome. Currently the settings appear to be set as "Frame Only" for the more melee type stats and "Frame and Titlebar" for the more mage type stats. I appreciate any time and consideration this may get.

I also had one little side question that maybe anyone who frequents here can answer; is it possible to remove certain characters from the "Load UIsettings" in the Control Center? I have some characters listed there that have since been deleted and it'd be nice if there was some way to delete them off that list to clean it up (I have clicked the wrong character to load in the past due to this lol). Any help there would be much appreciated as well.
Unread 11-14-2008, 03:00 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The default bottom bar is sadly quite outdated and has been for a long time. There is a more flexible and complete development version stickied in the ProfitUI forums (where I also moved this thread). However, with a boatload of new stats coming with the expansion that will be outdated soon as well and I'll almost certainly have to change the concept to fit that many stats.

However, the issue you are describing should not exist, the bar should actually save it's settings. Hmm, maybe your uisettings file is corrupt (you could delete it as described below but you would lose your UI layout and chat channels).

On your second issue: Go into your \Everquest II\ folder and look for all files named liked [server]_[character]_eq2_uisettings.ini (with server and character being your actual server and character names). Delete the ones you do not want anymore.
Unread 11-14-2008, 01:10 PM
A Brown Bear

Thanks for the quick reply, deleting those files cleaned up my profile list. I'll try deleting them all and see if that fixes the issue as you said, but otherwise I guess I'll have to hope that an upcoming and possibly new bottom bar for the expansion will work better for me. Thanks again!
Unread 11-14-2008, 01:34 PM
A Brown Bear

Yeah, that didn't work, but thanks anyway. I'll just keep changing it every time I log on and I still heart this UI, keep up the good work!
Unread 11-14-2008, 11:12 PM
A Coastal Crab

I have found that if you just click on the far left side of that window it will change the melee/caster stats you see on the far right side of the window.

No, it doesn't stay that way. I have to change it back every time I log in or when I want to check out certain stats.
Unread 11-18-2008, 12:09 PM
A Brown Bear

Clicking the left side like that works great too, thanks!
Unread 11-19-2008, 07:43 PM
A Brown Bear

So, I'm not sure if deleting my original UI setting file caused this problem or if it is a mishap involving TSO, but I cannot for the life of me get the connection/FPS window to come up anymore. Neither F11 or the control panel button will bring this up; I even tried deleting my file again and using the defaults, but none of that will bring this window up.
Unread 11-27-2008, 02:15 PM
A Brown Bear

Bump, I'm still looking for tips on how to get the FPS/Connection Speed window back.
Unread 11-28-2008, 07:12 AM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

Is it possible that it was moved off the screen?
Unread 11-30-2008, 05:07 PM
A Brown Bear

I suppose anything is possible, but I never moved it there and no one else uses this computer at all, so I'm not sure how that could have happened. A couple times I've cleared all the other windows off screen and tried to locate it on a clear screen without any luck either.
Unread 12-01-2008, 03:48 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

To move the window somewhere to the middle of your screen open the ProfitUI ControlCenter, type the following into the textbox and hit execute:
show_window MainHUD.ConnectionStats
Parent.Parent.ConnectionStats.Location=500,400
Unread 12-01-2008, 03:26 PM
A Brown Bear

Very awesome. That worked, thanks a lot!
Closed Thread