EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 08-08-2008, 03:59 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Listbox fill?

I'm not quite looking to reverse the order of how a listbox is filled but rather align it to the bottom of the listbox size.

Basically, I'm wanting to align the listbox to the bottom in the VoiceChat window, so that when you resize the window the names stay at the bottom of the window. I've had no luck doing it yet. The rows are by a template of pages that have nothing about them that I can figure out to change to make them align to the bottom, rather than the top.

Hope that's kinda clear....
Right now I'm messing with dynamically changing the location of the "Speakers" page so that the top of the page will change when Hovering out of the window, so that it will "appear" the speakers align to the bottom. But even with that it's a bit rough with the scroll bar being present and all. ScrollExtent comes into play, and it just gets ugly from there
Unread 08-08-2008, 04:19 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I managed to get what I want, as far as I've tested so far. I attached the XML file if anyone is interested and there isn't an easier way.

My OnHoverOut on the main page of VoiceChat window:
Code:
bUseSize=(Speakers.Players.Size==Speakers.Players.ScrollExtent)
iRowNum=(VoiceUserCount.localtext) * (17)
iTotalHeight=height
iSubtract=(iTotalHeight-iRowNum)
iCorrectHeight=(bUseSize) ? (iSubtract) : (48)
Speakers.location=('3' ## ',' ## 'iCorrectHeight')
I wanted to make sure not to mess around with it if the scrollbar was present (not tested really). Also, my window is modded a bit. So this isn't dealing with default window locations.
I made a VoiceUserCount text object using the DynamicData of how many people are in the chat, to do some math.

I'd still like to know if there is any XML change to accomplish what I ask above, so that this isn't so sloppy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	voicechat_ingame1.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	6496  
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_voicechat.xml (6.2 KB, 232 views)

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 08-08-2008 at 03:34 PM.
Unread 08-08-2008, 12:10 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Oasis

I was just trying to find a way to do the same thing. I'm using the upside down voice users by Ke'la (it has the channel dropdown at bottom). Looking in the uibuilder reference I saw there was an Align Back for composites, but apparently not for listboxes (I am a complete and utter noob at this, usually all I've been able to do is hack chunks of well written code to make more complex chunks of kludgy code).

It's really cool what you managed to do there, but I too would love to see if there is some secret bottom-filling style for the listbox, also so the sort could then sort bottom up.
Unread 08-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

I don't even know of a listbox control that does this. I know such fucntion isn't supported by the win API either so I doubt there is this functionality in the UI.
Unread 08-08-2008, 03:27 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Ah well. I updated the xml and code above to show my final result. I just had to change it for when the scrollbar was present. My code was a bit off

It works nicely and doesn't look too shabby overall. I'll probably change it to have the dropdown menu located at the bottom as well. But I'll do that when I release the window for download.
Unread 08-08-2008, 04:27 PM
A Berserk Golem

Good! I look forward to taking advantage of your labor

If only there were a way to push listbox type gamedata into a volume fill window, like with the effects windows
Unread 10-07-2008, 01:51 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I'm still messing with this thing, trying to get it be more "automatic" and have been having no luck.

The listbox uses a template file (eq2ui_voice_template.xml). I'm trying to get perhaps an OnShow property put into the template file to mess with the rest of the UI... or in this case the VoiceChat window.

Anyone have any ideas on how about trying to this, or if it's possible at all? I tried a few Parent.Parent.x.x.x.x combinations without any luck.