EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 10-02-2008, 04:10 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Which files to move from one machine to another?

hi, i installed profiui on my main gaming pc, and its all setup quite nicely.

im going to be installing EQ2 on my other pc tomorrow and dont want to have to go through the hassle of setting it all up again in the actual game.

is there any profile file or ini file i can copy onto a flash drive and transport from one pc to the other?

thanks for any help.

ps.. i notcied that the bat window is a bit small for me (vertically small)
upon resizing the window i notice that a heroic opportunity bar overlaps the window. how can i move that?
its not constantly present for me to be able to unlock it and right-click for options.
Unread 10-02-2008, 08:41 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

For UI settings (window locations, sizes, etc.), look in the EQ2 program directory for files with names like server_character_eq2_uisettings.ini. That's where the game stores the settings, copy them across and all your settings will be preserved. Note that the easiest way of copying the game to a new machine is to copy the entire EQ2 directory tree across. You'll preserve your UI mods, UI settings and everything else, and avoid a massive patch the first time you start up.

As for the HO window, what I do is go find some grey mobs high enough in level that I won't kill them quickly on auto-attack and low enough that they won't kill me. I trigger auto-attack on them, start an HO, then while the window's up unlock it and move it around. If it runs out before I've got it positioned, I find another mob and repeat the process.