EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 05-17-2008, 11:47 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Question about the Quick Raid Buttons

I've got a warden, and I used the quick raid button configurator. I went into the spreadsheet and changed all the "cure this and that" to "cure". Then I saved the spreadsheet and took a look at the quick raid buttons .txt file, and the "cure' was correctly (as far as I can tell) saved to that file.

However, when I bring in my warden, I still see 5 buttons under her person bar with all the cure trauma, cure arcane etc. labels. Is this the way it's supposed to be and you just hit any one of them to do the cure? Or am I all mixed up and need to do something more. Kinda confused here.
Unread 05-17-2008, 12:09 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

If those are the icons that light up, those aren't the quick-raid buttons. Those are the impairment indicators (one for each type of impairment) with click-to-cure tied to them. As of GU45 (if you've downloaded the latest files from the updater) the standard 4 indicators (trauma, noxious, arcane, elemental) are all tied to the same "Cure" spell for classes that have the consolidated cure.

The QRBs are the small grey buttons in the group and raid windows, above the impairment indicators, that don't light up when an impairment hits the character and only have a number on them, no symbol.
Unread 05-17-2008, 12:13 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Guk

It still shows all the different kinds b/c not everyone can cure all of them, ie.. mage class only gets cure arcane. As a warden, yes, just click any one and it will cure them all.
Unread 05-17-2008, 03:30 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Yes, I was talking about the light-up ones. And I have downloaded the update. However when I touch one of the buttons, I get an error message 'this spell or ability is no longer available'. I must not be setting something up correctly but I'm not sure what.
Unread 05-17-2008, 03:37 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Aha. Check your _ProfitUI_Cures.txt file in the UI/ProfitUI folder. There's one line in it for each class listing what the cure spell is for each cure type. For the classes with consolidated cures the trauma, noxious, arcane and elemental cure spells should all be just "Cure". Odds on you didn't get the updated version of that file from the updater. Note that I don't think the download from EQ2Interface has this update in it, only the updater has the new files.
Unread 05-17-2008, 03:58 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Guk

the main update has it on eq2interface, i use the manual download and my cures are working fine on my priest classes
Unread 05-17-2008, 04:51 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Cures.txt is the updated one. I'm trying it by healing myself but I'm not damaged, is that the problem, perhaps?
Unread 05-18-2008, 11:56 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

If you have the current release and you get the error that you described that means either you are too low to have the cure spell yet, or your server does not have GU45 yet, or you are on an international server and your subclass name was changed (in that case please let me know your game language and subclass).
Unread 05-19-2008, 07:44 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

I have the current release
I'm on a US server (Everfrost) and it's build 4864L dated may 14 2008
language is English
I'm a 38 Warden (so I have all but cure curse)

It has to be something I'm just missing, or doing wrong. I looked in _profitUI_cures.txt and the line for warden is

<Data Name="Warden" TraumaCure="Cure" ArcaneCure="Cure" NoxiousCure="Cure" ElementalCure="Cure" CurseCure="Cure Curse"/>

The light-up buttons for curing myself each say cure xxx (where xxx is trauma, arcane etc.). When I am standing by myself, fully healed, I get the error message "this spell or ability is no longer available". I haven't actually tested it in the field so speak but I would have expected a "you're at full health" message instead of "this spell or ability is no longer available"

I did a complete fresh install of Profit (renamed profitui to something else and then let the installer do its thing) , downloaded whatever was available from Sony and I still get the error.

Doing autoinstall was the issue. I had the following files excluded and forgot to check that wiping my profit directory would not necessarily wipe my excluded files list. So not all files got updated by the autoinstaller. However I think it's odd that the files I do have excluded would interfere with the cures, so here's the list of excluded files.

eq2ui_mainhud_compass.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey
eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml
eq2ui_tradeskills.xml
images\cons\icon_map3.dds
_ProfitUI_LoginData.txt

not sure why any of those would cause the problem, but if I narrow it down I'll post it here

Last edited by Mareid : 05-19-2008 at 08:22 AM. Reason: found the error and added info regarding that.
Unread 05-19-2008, 08:47 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The experience window initializes a whole range of windows in ProfitUI.
Unread 05-19-2008, 09:56 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Narrowed it down to a single file that's misbehaving. I am using seagoat's exp bars and that's the file that appears to be incompatible with the click to cure buttons. I've asked on his support forum to see if he could figure out what the problem is from his side. It seems odd that the exp bar interferes with the click to cure buttons...I'm hoping that it's some silly thing that can be easily fixed.

Nevermind, I should have read more carefully...obviously it's the experience window and it's not some silly thing that can be fixed easily. But you might take a look at seagoat's version...they're very compact and you can show all or just one or two bars.

Last edited by Mareid : 05-19-2008 at 10:35 AM.
Unread 05-20-2008, 08:39 AM
A Griffon

If I remember from past posts, it is the XP window is what figures out what class you are, and from there can figure out what spells and buttons to setup in the group and raid windows.

There is probabaly other stuff that uses the class derived from the XP windows also.

Just a comment on my part, I like the current xp window, since I can use the top bar to see all the different XP numbers and use the large one to show the one I am currently interesed in.