EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 10-20-2007, 09:42 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Profit UI vs. Win Vista

I'm trying to download Profit and when I get to the unzipping to the eq2 folder I get "Error: Access is denied. Cannot create C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\eq2.ini". I'm assuming this is a Win Vista issue and I should have admin rights as this is my home comp. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Unread 10-20-2007, 09:52 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Move your EQ2 Director out of the Program Files Directory.
Unread 10-21-2007, 05:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Lavastorm
Default Win Vista

I am not sure if this is what you are referring to.
But since I have been using Vista - I have had to readjust all of my programs to run as administrator (permanently) as Vista now sets up the owner as a seperate user for security purposes. Therefore when I log on - it is as a user. It will not let me log on as the owner.
So I have had to in essence cheat and go into all of my programs and actually set the permission in the properties of all of my programs as soon as I get them downloaded. Otherwise I have to repeatedly right click on each program and pick run as administrator each time just so my regular business programs run correctly.
This feature just drives me nuts. I am not a programmer and I can not mess with the code properly so as a novice this is the only thing that I have found that works fairly well althought I still have a few problems reguarding downloads with Vista yet. Hopefully they will fix this mess soon.
Only my opinion but I think they really messed up when they tried to tighten the security issues. I find Vista to be a pain in the >>>>>>> right now. Nevermind I am not going to go there. I hope this helps. I have been using Vista since around Feb or March I think.
Unread 10-21-2007, 06:05 PM
A Coastal Crab

I downloaded the .zip file to my desktop, then manually set up the eq2.ini file as directed by the FAQ as a new file on notepad, then moved it to the EQ2 folder. I then unzipped the file from my desktop into my EQ2 UI folder, and after some cutting/ pasting/ removing extra folders, all is well. It's a complete pain with a couple entirely unnecessary steps, but can be done. Good luck!
Unread 10-21-2007, 06:20 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elslight View Post
I am not sure if this is what you are referring to.
What he was saying is that Vista UAC only applies to specific folders, including the C:\Program Files folder. If you move your \Everquest II folder somewhere else, e.g. C:\Everquest II, you won't have all the UAC trouble.

At least that's what I think he said. I don't have Vista, so don't expect any specifics from me.
Unread 10-21-2007, 06:34 PM
A Young Mystail Rat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

hello,

varry simple, desactivate the UAC (User Account Contro)loff vista :

see here

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...windows-vista/

or

http://www.superbdevelopment.com/for...t-control.html
Unread 10-21-2007, 10:48 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Nagafen
Default Uac

Yes, I just, by default, installed Vista. Reinstalled eq2 and wouldnt even attempt to play without installing Profit reborn! I too ran into the problem of it not letting me save the newly created eq2.ini file. After doing some Vista research I disabled the UAC as mentioned earlier and all is running as its suppose to