EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 04-12-2007, 04:02 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Player/Target Windows

Hey guys. im working on the final piece of my new UI. but ive run into some problems unfortunatly.

With my limited time modding i have no idea apart from looking at the XML on how the player and target windows work.

What i was trying to do was incoproprate all the Player/target/implied target/and pet into one window. however. this does not acutally work for some reason.

are these windows hard coded? do the specific target elements have to be nested within the default mainhud_target file?
Unread 04-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

It can be done. How ever you can't just copy and paste the default's into one window because they are hardcoded to said window and are missing the gamedata property to make them work.

You can copy and paste but you will have to go back and add gamedata to all the controls. After doinf that it should work fine.
Unread 04-12-2007, 08:17 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle

I tried that. I "kinda" got it working. but not. for example. teh v0/v1 windows would not switch (despite tons of diff tests) Also. when i tried incorporating the player and target windows in one. clicking on any part of that window would autoselect the player. I thought that moving the Dynamic Data to subcontainers and making them absorbdata/ takeinput= true would change that. but nothing i could think of would work.

so i went back to basics. took default window and am just gonna have to lock em in place.. not ideal. but oh well. now i just have to wrestle with where i want my icons to display. right now my target window keeps resizing.

the player/targeting windows are my second to last hurdle before i was gonna pack up the whole thing and get people to test it

tanks for response