EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 11-06-2012, 05:10 PM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

Most likely in both cases you need to reinstall the Updater from the original website link. I had to. One of the Java Updates either deleted the files or changed the pathing of storage such that where the desktop icon pointed the source files do not exist.
Unread 11-06-2012, 11:34 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Forgot to mention that i've reinstalled the updater multiple times, and i always get the same error.
Unread 11-07-2012, 12:55 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Sorry to hear you're having troubles. I tried installing on a fresh system recently with Java7 and haven't been able to reproduce. I believe it's related to a java update or possibly left over files from the previous installation of the Updater within the older java files.

I'm not super Java savvy (I didn't create the updater itself), so it's hard for me to give any suggestions. If there is a way to clear out all your old Java cache and then trying to re-install the DrumsUI updater, I'd say try that.
Unread 11-07-2012, 10:43 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

I deleted the java cache and all that stuff, and the error is still there, but now it lets me check for updated files and update them... strange. Anyway it works but still throws an error.
Unread 11-09-2012, 04:48 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Managed to get this error to happen (purely randomly). I simply did this in the patcher: Settings -> Updater -> Reset all settings.

The error stopped appearing each time I ran the Updater.
Unread 11-07-2012, 12:33 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysstie View Post
Most likely in both cases you need to reinstall the Updater from the original website link. I had to. One of the Java Updates either deleted the files or changed the pathing of storage such that where the desktop icon pointed the source files do not exist.
the exception they are having thrown isn't the one in which that solution works. That fix works when it won't patch at all. I don't see this exception because I think I have debugging turned off or console turned off. I simply see the patcher run and it runs fine. Java is a nasty beast when the updates they make don't cleanup things before installing.