Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 11-14-2007, 11:15 AM
A Sea Turtle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Kithicor
Default Fixing POIFinder for the custom branch

I'd like to start using the eq2ui_custom.xml file as you did gm9. But unfortunately it does not seem to be a straightforward kind of deal. Unless I'm missing something obvious (quite possible).

I deleted my old eq2ui_mainhud.xml file that was in my ProfitUI dir per your red line instructions. So I tried to add the <include>eq2ui_mainhud_poifinder.xml</include> line to your copy of the custom.xml file instead. I put it after all your other <include> lines and before the </Page> tag. But on starting the game the POI Finder window could be opened and the links would work but the background would be solid black with no graphics. I also tried putting the line in your Namespace block next to _ProfitUI_Styles.xml but that didn't work any better. So next I went back to the old way by making a copy of eq2ui_mainhud.xml out of the Default dir and placing it in the ProfitUI one with the poifinder include line added in like it was before. Upon running the game everything looked good with both the links and the background being as they should.

So it doesn't seem to be an issue with my XML. Just with the way I am trying to reference it in the custom.xml file. Is there anything I'd have to change in eq2ui_mainhud_poifinder.xml or any other XML file to successfully include it using the custom.xml file?