EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 11-17-2006, 11:04 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Kithicor
Default EQ2 UI for Dummies

Like the title say. I been trying to learn how to build a UI since real early 2005. No matter how much I read how to do it. It's just not sticking with me, terrible memory here.

I was wondering if any of the UI developers here, had ever thought of making a guide like EQ2 UI for dummies. Not only building the UI and how to locate things in the different XML's, but how to know set the size of the windows say to 1024x768 resolution, even though I use a smaller resolution in game compare to my desktop.

Also talk about making the graphics, I don't use photoshop, but i do have The Gimp installed.

I like to start off on window size and resize the default say to 50% to 75% reduction for a start. Then once i learned that and understand it, then to expand out from that.

I know i probably can more than likely do a search, but using the appropiate keywords to find what i need, I have trouble with that, get everything else but not what i'm looking for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because this is something I been wanting to learn how to do ever since january 2005.

If this is posted in the wrong forum, I'm sorry for that in adavance.