EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 01-04-2006, 01:10 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Server: Neriak
Default new maps any time soon?

When will the new maps be up? Its been a few months since we've seen a new maps, there are a few on the froums. I know you guys are doing code up date but its been some time
Unread 01-04-2006, 01:43 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Which maps are you looking for? If your going to zones that have no maps, there are instructions out there for helping to make them
Unread 01-04-2006, 02:02 PM
A Nerius Seer
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone

I think ogrebear is referring to the fact that his map for the 3 fl of clefts is ready to go and that I have posted locs and pictures for silent city and the living tombs and haven't seen any posts on them in a while.

I know everyone is busy though and we just had holidays and a new year so don't wish to be pushy, but we just love seeing the new zones download when we start up the map program.

A post to give us an update of how things are going even if we can't get a time frame would be great.

Thanks
Unread 01-04-2006, 03:03 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

If there are maps that are 100% finished I can put them up right away. Maps that just have the /loc log posted and a line drawing posted still require a ton of work and I mean ALOT. If some one could step up and make these maps it would be a great help.

Once we have a DDS with the map that works correctly with the zonerect we can add them with out much trouble. Its the making of the maps that takes time and if we had some help we could bust them out.

EQ2Map is made by the community and we need help from the community.

I'm going to find some time to write a little tutorial on how I make maps although I think SaintPeter has an easier way.

Last edited by Dolby : 01-04-2006 at 04:52 PM.
Unread 01-04-2006, 05:51 PM
A Nerius Seer
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone

I would love to be able to do more. I can throw myself at zones to get all the locs you need, take pictures of the textures and all that stuff, supply a tweaked svg file (the site doesn't allow them to be uploaded though but I guess I could put them in a zip file), even calculate the zone erect and other things if needed.

Unfortunately the making it pretty is the difficult part for me, I have the artistic sense and skills of a near dead camel. I will leave that part to the talented people
Unread 01-04-2006, 08:02 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby
If there are maps that are 100% finished I can put them up right away. Maps that just have the /loc log posted and a line drawing posted still require a ton of work and I mean ALOT. If some one could step up and make these maps it would be a great help.

Once we have a DDS with the map that works correctly with the zonerect we can add them with out much trouble. Its the making of the maps that takes time and if we had some help we could bust them out.

EQ2Map is made by the community and we need help from the community.

I'm going to find some time to write a little tutorial on how I make maps although I think SaintPeter has an easier way.
Saintpeter said he had the map ready but wasn't ready to have it uploaded tell some code issues where worked out... in this thread http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=5227
Unread 01-04-2006, 08:03 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogrebear
Saintpeter said he had the map ready but wasn't ready to have it uploaded tell some code issues where worked out... in this thread http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=5227
found that post after i posted here. that map is now live as i just posted in that linked thread.
Unread 01-05-2006, 04:43 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

I"m going to try to follow the old walk threw for making maps that is up and try to make some of the ones that haven't been done yet.