EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 01-06-2005, 11:04 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Been playing with EQ2 UIBuilder but.

i am new and have been playing with eq2 ui builder and opened the default one to play with it, i can see the stuff but i dont really know how do edit and convert to a sweet thing, also were would i get like things to make it different
Unread 01-06-2005, 12:30 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Yeh I been playing with it also and thats about all I been doing "playing" lol

what I dont understand is how the hell you get the image files to load into the other window along side the main editor ? , And is that thing used to edit the images or do you have to do that in something like paint shop pro..... All very confusing lol and the manual in my opinion may as well be written in chineese for what use I can make of it (nothing against chineese, just I dont understand it, in fact did I even spell it right? lmao). With some help I managed to add stuff I wanted to a eq1 ui window using good old notepad but this thing lol...... It would make me feel better if it had like 100's of buttons and forms and stuff like a VB editor has, then I would have an excuse for not knowing what to do with the damn thing, but this has like next to nothing on it.... Maybe thats it !!! all the buttons and stuff fell off when I opened it !! , going to have a look on the floor to see if I can find them
Unread 01-06-2005, 12:57 PM
a hedgehog
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nagafen

images work like this. You have a DDS. A dds must be a square. Most for this game are 512x512 or 1024x1024. Inside this DDS you can have several images, or just one image. Either way, when you want to insert a portion of that DDS as an image into a UI, you must specify the top-left and bottom right pixel coordinates of that DDS portion.

If you click on an image inside the UIbuilder and look at the little properties window, you will see

source %pathtoDDS%
sourcerect 0,0,512,371

the 0,0 means the very top left of the DDS is where the inserted image starts. The 512,371 says where it ends. If you wanted to add the enire 512x512 image, you would write 0,0,512,512
________
OliviaSparks cam

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 09-16-2011 at 03:18 AM.
Unread 01-06-2005, 01:57 PM
A Griffon
Featured

For example, some DDS files you may open will have black strips on the bottom, side, or both. This is just to make the image square (if I'm theorizing correctly), and then the coordinates of the real image are used, not matter if it's square or not.
Unread 01-06-2005, 06:26 PM
A Grove Wisp

well also what i am wondering, how do i like create my own ui, and what other programs will i need, i can buy em or whatever, i am looking also for ones that have images maybe like paint shop pro from jasc or something
Unread 01-07-2005, 10:20 AM
A Griffon

Thanks for that info guys

So images work more of less the same way they did with eq1 then, I did have a bit succes with editing a few of them just small changes like.

So to add say an sv stat to a window I guess I need to look up what the dynamic data code number is for it then kinda plug it in and use something like this

<Pieces>myNEW_Poison</Pieces>
<Pieces>myNEW_PoisonNumber</Pieces>

as to where I want it displayed on the window? As you guys know that's straight out of a eq1 window does the new system work a whole lot different to the old one? or is it just some new names for the old bits of code, if you with me..

Think I will try open some stuff up in good old notepad lol and see what happens..

Thanks for your time and help guys

*EDIT*
Lol oks I just found out why notepad is not an easy option here! have you seen the state of the code its a pure mess hehe not easy to read through at all, Back to the UI builder then and let it read through its own mess hehe

Last edited by Laffs : 01-07-2005 at 11:27 AM.
Unread 01-07-2005, 01:08 PM
A Griffon

Red face

Was going to delete the last post to hide my ignorance lol but I will leave it..

Now that I have went into it deeper I have found that I can move stuff about with the mouse pointer to another position insted of having to type the positions in ... thats kool , and have found that stuff I put about pieces is garbage lol its ATKlabel , ATKvalue below it , and the dynamic data that updates it from the game itself is /GameData.Stats.Attack

So now I know what I am looking for how the hell would I plug that sort of stat for example into the player window ? (I have picked that window as it seems to be the least complicated one that is on display) , I know I would have to resize the WC ? but where in the tree would I place the new stats ? and what would I need to insert ? Page, Text or what lol

Sorry lost of probably daft questions, I have looked through the downloads and canot find a simple player window with anything like that on it , and the other stuff I have looked at is still way to complicated for me to figure it out at the moment.

Just a surgestion if typing out a reply to tell me how to do it would take to long would it be quicker for one of you to just add a stat to the default player window for me to download and then I would be able to learn from that? , Please guys, I appreciate the help given so far and with a little more I may not have to ask so many stupid questions lol (well not for a few days at least hehe)

Thanks
Unread 01-08-2005, 11:31 AM
A Grove Wisp

sorry, but i still dont understand, what is lke the xml program for, how do i do it, it still seems inmpossible, i will try with this tutorial and see
Unread 01-08-2005, 12:09 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Server: Unkown

If you take a couple hours and just look through some of the posts on this board, 95% of your questions will be answered. What you are thinking is what everyone was thinking in when they started. but everything you need to know to get started is on the boards. Run a search if you dont see it, try rewording your search if it still dont come up, then ask.
Unread 01-09-2005, 12:53 PM
A Griffon

Looked already prior to posting......
But nothing seems to contain the specific info I need

Will look again if you say its in here though.
Unread 01-13-2005, 06:55 PM
A Grove Wisp

ok but what should i search for i belive u that its there, makes sense, but what words should i try i tried for like 10 min and nothing, any ideas
Unread 01-13-2005, 07:04 PM
a hedgehog

Server: Nagafen

Jlobel,

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=858

try this for starters
________
Hugeboobs Live

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 09-16-2011 at 03:20 AM.
Unread 01-14-2005, 09:54 AM
A Griffon

Yes I read that a while back, whilst it is very good guide, I still have questions that I cant seem to find the answers to, but I will keep on looking before asking I guess...