EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 08-23-2024, 07:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default How do I get spells with periodic effects to show in the group/target windows?

Per the title, I'm specifically wondering how I get heal over time spell icons to show in the group and/or window. I can't tell when my HoTs are expired and need to be recast on my heal target.
Unread 08-24-2024, 08:52 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

If I understand your question, this is three separate issues.

To put a heal over time spell icon on the Group window you can use the Window Manager to replace one of the five reference-cast icons. Click the blue button in the upper left-hand corner of the Group window and choose a different spell from the dropdown. If you don't see the spell you want, you can edit the settings manually or use the DarqUI utility to change it.

Whether or not a heal over time buff icon appears in the Target window is controlled by the game. If your heal spell doesn't apply a buff icon to your target (ally) there is no way for us to add one.

If your heal spell puts a buff icon into your Maintained Spells window, you can track it using the Maintained Spell Monitor. There is plenty of info about that in the Help window in-game. Open /help and click the DarqUI Help tab.
Unread 08-24-2024, 10:04 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I think this screenshot will help illustrate what I'm talking about. As you can see, my Greater Bloom icon is shown on the normal target frame, but it easily gets lost with lots of buffs present even when just in a group and not a raid. I would like to figure out how to get that icon on at least one of the two places I indicated in the screenshot so I can keep track of when it expires.

https://imgur.com/a/AUDUw22
Unread 08-26-2024, 05:57 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Game data for target effects is not exposed to the UI in the same way as maintained effects. It only appears as a single block of data that we have no visibility into. So unfortunately we don't have a way to sort through the effects as they appear and disappear from the window.

You can enlarge the icons in Target and Implied Target windows which makes them somewhat easier to see and track. But without the data and timers for a specific target effect like Greater Bloom, there is no way for us to duplicate it to other UI surfaces.
Unread 08-29-2024, 05:24 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hey Darq, been out of town for a bit and just saw this. Kind of sucks, but I guess there's nothing to be done for it. I will use that tip about making the icons bigger though. Thanks!
Unread 09-04-2024, 02:03 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post
Game data for target effects is not exposed to the UI in the same way as maintained effects. It only appears as a single block of data that we have no visibility into. So unfortunately we don't have a way to sort through the effects as they appear and disappear from the window.

You can enlarge the icons in Target and Implied Target windows which makes them somewhat easier to see and track. But without the data and timers for a specific target effect like Greater Bloom, there is no way for us to duplicate it to other UI surfaces.
Is there a dev we could pester to make this data available?