EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > UI User Discussion

Unread 09-18-2024, 08:55 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Any *basic* UI mods to help user-friendlyness?

Just picked up EQ2 again, been years since I've played.

Trying to view these tiny UI panels in my ultrawide monitor is crazy difficult. I found with the vanilla UI I can scale up hotbar icons which is nice. But there doesn't seem to be any scaling options for other panels.

I really just am looking to scale up the elements so I can see them. I tried DarqUI thinking "this popular mod must have all the user-friendlyness stuff I'd expect" but it ended up adding many black boxes for different things I didn't understand like macros for equipment abilities and "fervor".. I'm just trying to play through some basic leveling content with friends. We are not experienced or tryhard. I don't need all this _stuff_ . At least, not yet.

For now, I'd settle for being able to see without having my face 1ft from the monitor. I did try adjusting the DPI scaling in Windows but it had no effect.

I'd appreciate any input on this.
Thanks,
Jer(jerjer)
Unread 09-18-2024, 07:11 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

If you don't mind playing in full screen, you should be able to choose a more comfortable resolution. Open Options (Alt+O) to the first section and check the box for Full Screen. When you do that a dropdown for UI Resolution will become available just below the checkbox. Choose a resolution that is lower than your PC's native resolution, preferably a round fraction. So for example at 3840x2160 you could pick 1920x1080 which is half. You will lose a bit of clarity in the 3D world but the UI will be much larger and more readable.

Unread Yesterday, 11:15 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post
If you don't mind playing in full screen, you should be able to choose a more comfortable resolution. Open Options (Alt+O) to the first section and check the box for Full Screen. When you do that a dropdown for UI Resolution will become available just below the checkbox. Choose a resolution that is lower than your PC's native resolution, preferably a round fraction. So for example at 3840x2160 you could pick 1920x1080 which is half. You will lose a bit of clarity in the 3D world but the UI will be much larger and more readable.

I appreciate the suggestion. Unfortunately I'm running with a 21:9 aspect ratio (3440x1440) and it doesn't seem like there are any lower resolutions with the same aspect ratio so it's all kinda skewed.