EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 11-30-2006, 07:43 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default I want Fog of War put back

This isn't an EQ2MAP issue, but maybe some EQ2MAP people can help...

I want the fog of war put back. To clarify - I want all the unfogged areas to go black/fogged again. I stopped playing EQ2 before they came out with AA, and now that I'm playing again I could get a lot of AA just by going around re-exploring. To make that easier, I'd like to have all the fog restored, as though I had just started playing a new character.

Now for the part related to EQ2MAP - I know that earlier versions of EQ2MAP or earlier versions of some zone maps had certain "issues" where the zone rectangle sizes didn't match the official EQ2 map sizes, which resulted in the fog being reset whenever you installed/uninstalled EQ2MAP. That issue has long since been fixed, but since it was fixed I assume someone knows how you could intentionally cause your fog to reset. You all are my only hope now - I tried /petitioning and all I got was a half-butted response (that I swear is automated) saying they can't do it.

Thanks for reading...

B
Unread 11-30-2006, 08:05 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Not possible.

The cleared areas of FoW is stored on the server. No way to reset it. We can toggle all the fog of war on or off (IE show what you haven't uncovered, or hide it all) but no way to restore it.
Unread 11-30-2006, 08:14 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I know that FoW is stored on the server, but it is my understanding that earlier EQ2MAP map versions would unintentionally reset the FoW when EQ2MAP was installed or unstalled, because of some difference between some "rect size" values in the maps. This has since been corrected in EQ2MAP, but my question is - can I intentionally set these values incorrectly and reset my FoW as a result?
Unread 11-30-2006, 08:16 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

yeah, each modification of the ZoneRect of a zone (the dimensions of a map) will reset your fog for that zone.
Unread 11-30-2006, 08:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Great! So for any given zone file, which attribute/varible/whatnot contains the ZoneRect? I feel a quick & dirty utility coming on...

Thanks!
Unread 11-30-2006, 09:03 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

core_mapstyles.xml contains all the zonerect values for every map not supplied by SOE. You can reset your fog by changing just 1 didget of one cord for each, then visiting that zone befor running the updater again.

Running the updater will restore the standard cords, which will again reset the fog for any zone you visited with your tweaked settings. So you probably don't want to explore much before updating, just visit the zone(s) you want reset, log out, update, then explore.

Note: this does not clear your descoveries, mearly resets the fog layer.
Unread 11-30-2006, 09:44 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Brilliant! Thank you very much, this is exactly the info I was looking for. So simple I don't even need to whip something up to automate it... oh well.

Thanks again all!
Unread 12-01-2006, 12:02 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Ah, I didn't know changing the zonerect reset the fog. My appologies.