EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 09-02-2011, 09:19 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default EQ2X and EQ2

I have a post in the help section, but I thought I would ask here also. How do I get Profit UI / EQ2 Maps to work on both EQ2 and EQ2X. I have it for EQ2 Live and everything works fine. I have some ideas but I'm afraid I'll screw it up if I go dumping files and moving files. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Unread 09-02-2011, 11:07 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orme View Post
I have a post in the help section, but I thought I would ask here also. How do I get Profit UI / EQ2 Maps to work on both EQ2 and EQ2X. I have it for EQ2 Live and everything works fine. I have some ideas but I'm afraid I'll screw it up if I go dumping files and moving files. Any help would be greatly appreciated
There's two methods. One is to copy over the ProfitUI folder after each Profit update, and then create a second copy of the EQ2Map updater pointed at the second folder. That'll let you maintain two games.

The other is more technical. You need to get a bit of software called NTFSLink http://elsdoerfer.name/ntfslink and install it. Then, assuming the Profit and EQ2Map updaters are pointed to your EQ2 game, go into the EQ2X UI folder, right-click and do a New and select NTFS Junction Point. Select the EQ2 UI/ProfitUI folder as the target and it should create what amounts to a pointer from EQ2X UI/ProfitUI over to EQ2 UI/ProfitUI. Then any updates to the live game's Profit/EQ2Map installation will appear to EQ2X.
Unread 09-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Use the 2nd option is the best thing you could do. I would use Link Shell Extension instead of ndfslink. Not because there is anything really wrong with ndfslink but it was built for Win XP. Vista and later have better api's and LSE takes advantage of them.
Unread 09-03-2011, 01:34 PM
A Brown Bear

vista & up have symlink capability built-in, whats the point of the 3rd party software? open a command prompt and mklink /? for info.
Unread 09-03-2011, 01:50 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by primalz View Post
vista & up have symlink capability built-in, whats the point of the 3rd party software? open a command prompt and mklink /? for info.
NTFSLink and LSE make it more convenient. A lot of people don't deal with the command line normally, and when you've got spaces in directory names it gets a bit awkward to get the command line right. Being able to do it off of right-click menus in regular folder windows is just less hassle.
Unread 09-03-2011, 01:51 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by primalz View Post
whats the point of the 3rd party software?
Simple. Most users prefer a GUI. Same reason players use a GUI for EQ2 instead of typing /slash commands for everything.
Unread 09-04-2011, 09:48 AM
A Brown Bear

all good, i wondered if there was some extra functionality i was missing, thanks :P
Unread 09-06-2011, 11:38 AM
A Brown Bear

Don't get it I've tried both methods, thanks for trying but I think I am canceling EQ2X anyways. I copied all my Profit UI files into X and its only partly there main thing missing is the Profit UI control button, I can't load any old UI's I can't darken group window and I can't turn on brightness.
Unread 09-06-2011, 12:38 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orme View Post
Don't get it I've tried both methods, thanks for trying but I think I am canceling EQ2X anyways. I copied all my Profit UI files into X and its only partly there main thing missing is the Profit UI control button, I can't load any old UI's I can't darken group window and I can't turn on brightness.
Right click your xp bar and choose minimize.

Silat