EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 06-15-2010, 07:04 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Unkown
Default EQ2 map weird issue with maps/icons screens inside

Hi Having a slight issue with EQ2 map.

Everything seems to work find no matter what UI I use but I really want to use Profit UI but there is the problem.

The problem is when I install the profit UI I get a different set of map icons to the one I get with say Fetish or Drums.

I've tried everything to change it but no matter what I do Profit will not let me use the map skins that all the other UI's use.

what I'm getting in game is this one

But this is the map icons I'm after

Can someone help me please, I'm sure it's an easy fix

Last edited by kinkladze10 : 06-15-2010 at 08:09 AM.
Unread 06-15-2010, 08:00 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Red line in my sig.

(those icons are not part of ProfitUI but of the VanGurk skin you must have installed and conveniently forgotten about, hehe)
Unread 06-15-2010, 08:05 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Hi thanks for the reply.

Well the problem is that these icons are included as standard in the profit files and would explain why when I try a different UI they don't appear.

All i've done is installed profit.

How do I get it back to the original map icons?
I have no idea where the offending folder is in the profit UI installation as there is no option not to have them.

thanks so much
Unread 06-15-2010, 08:47 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Have it your way then. /shrugs
Unread 06-15-2010, 09:09 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

I'm not sure what you are telling me or maybe I haven't explained or understood correctly?

All I can tell you is that I have installed 3 UI's so far.

Drums, Fetish and Profit.

With both Drums and Fetish I get the icons I want as shown, but with the Profit install the icons change, I still have these icons with the EQ2 map update.

I really want to use Profit UI as it is just a superb piece of work but I want to remove those different map icons.

I'm telling you I haven't installed any other mod or skin pack and I'm using the correct EQ2.ini and I have done a clean install each time
So I am literally tearing my hair out as to why these icons are present?

The problem only happens with the Profit UI, if I remove it and use another UI then these icons also disappear so there is something linked with profit with these icons.

My guess is there is a file I need to change somewhere within Profit to get the icons I want.
I have only started playing EQ2 on trial but really like it so want to sub but this issue is stoping me from doing it.

Can you advise where the problem might lie?
Unread 06-15-2010, 09:13 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I can only say what I have said, these icons are not part of ProfitUI and never were (while I don't do ProfitUI anymore I did double check the file list of the updater). If you have in fact been doing a clean install, you were cleaning the wrong folder maybe (so many people have 2 or 3 EQ2 installations it appears).
Unread 06-15-2010, 09:29 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

I'm totally at a loss then because each time I have downloaded the file from this site and installed into my UI folder.

I have a solid state drive on a separate directory where I have 27 gig of the game installed to and my UI folder is there.

I have installed it manually and into the correct folder.
Each time with a clean install I've deleted the Profit folder and all the assets associated with it, in both the UI and root EQ2

My C:\ is totally separate so couldn't be causing the problem.
EQ2 map is working fine but this issue just isn't going away.

I've even try copying the icons folder from other UI's into the profit folder and it's not changing it so there is an issue somewhere.

Thanks for your help, sadly I'm going to have to give up on profit and go back to the other U
Unread 06-15-2010, 09:41 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkladze10 View Post
I'm totally at a loss then because each time I have downloaded the file from this site and installed into my UI folder.
Not sure what you are installing but ProfitUI is exclusively available via the java auto-updater these days (see my sig).

PS: The "offending" file you are seeing is icon_eq2map2.dds, you can also search for and delete that and have the eq2map updater download the official one, but I'd still recommend you figure out where you are going wrong first since if you got one bad file, you probably got more.

Last edited by gm9 : 06-15-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Unread 06-15-2010, 10:44 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Thanks.

Just did a total reinstall downloading exclusively from the java launcher.
Same problem that map and skin still appear.

Re-enabled other UI and the map I want is there.

I also tried deleting that file you suggested and re downloading with the EQ2 map and I still get the same problem icons.

I just tried to do the same thing with a totally fresh install on my laptop and that has the same problem, those icon's show.

So for some reason on my machine profit is conflicting with EQ2 map when it comes to those icons.

I'm not a noob when it comes to mods, you can clearly see the map I want is working just not with profit, but god knows where these icons came from.

Thanks for trying anyway mate, I appreciate it
Unread 06-15-2010, 11:23 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Whoops, I think I did misread your OP, lol. What you actually want is the VanGurk skin, what you have is the default. Not sure why I read that switched around, my bad (or maybe your edit switched it, dunno). So find that skin and install it, or at least the EQ2MAP icons from it.

Again, this has nothing to do with ProfitUI, ProfitUI does not contain any of those icons either way, what you are seeing is simply default EQ2MAP.

Last edited by gm9 : 06-15-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Unread 06-15-2010, 11:49 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

It might be the EQ2Map updater. I think if the icon file exists EQ2Map isn't supposed to download a new copy unless it's a forced download for a UI change compatibility issue, but if it's a new install it might be treating the file as "not installed yet" instead of "installed but not my version". If the sequence was ProfitUI -> VanGurk -> EQ2Map, that might be it. What I do is get the correct icon file installed and mark it read-only so EQ2Map can't overwrite it (I'll get a nastygram from the updater if there's a forced download of it and I'll have to fix things by hand).
Unread 06-15-2010, 12:01 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Ha

Well thanks lol, I'm glad we got to the bottom of it.

I thought I was losing it at 1 point.

I actually just reinstalled the game as I thought I'd broken something somewhere.

But here is where I'm at, I'm ready to go, just downloaded the profit again via java and got the new icon pack.

Do I just place that in my profit ui icons folder?

What do I tell the EQ2.ini to use profit as normal?

EQ2 map is just downloading the 25mb update so not sure how that is going to go with this file.
I'll give it a whirl and report back with the outcome
Unread 06-15-2010, 12:09 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quick update, tried to put the new VanGurk icons in the ProfitUI and the EQ2Map folder but no good, still no change from before.

Can't get rid of the default icons, any idea where the VanGurk file should go in relation to profitui? Do I need to put a line of xml somewhere?

Last edited by kinkladze10 : 06-15-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Unread 06-15-2010, 01:58 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

should be in EQ2\UI\ProfitUI\images\icons, replace the existing file in there with it
Unread 06-15-2010, 02:21 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

In trying to help I installed this skin set of icons and found everything but the squares used for named mobs changed. The squares remained red x instead of what is shown in the picture to be squares or rectangles. Not sure why those didn't change unless named icons was moved to a different file which isn't updated with the skin.
Unread 06-15-2010, 02:47 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Cheers guys I think I got it fixed.

I had to download VanGurk's full skin then just insert all the map files there into the image folder, had the same issue though, red named didnt change either but no bother

It works great, thanks so much too all who helped espcially Gm9 who is a true gent.

Now if I can just get the countdown timers to work on the Profit UI bars I'm all set
Unread 06-15-2010, 03:02 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Well, I'm glad that's solved, hehe (no idea on the named icons, they are probably only in his EQ2MAP icon set, I thought you'd download that anyway). Hotbar timers are only visible in frame & titlebar mode.
Unread 06-15-2010, 03:12 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Thanks, will change that setting in that case.