Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 05-15-2010, 01:21 PM
A Brown Bear
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Mistmoore
Default EQ2 Journal Mod

Hey everyone!

I could really use some help in designing a simple UI Mod for EQ2 which, on a click of a button or perhaps even automatically, sends to a .txt file or some such data regarding quest status, quests completed, collections started, collections completed, items in collections - that sort of thing.

Im stuck on trying to figure out how to send data from in game to another source - I know it can be done as Ive seen one mod that does - it sends to a webstie out of game.

If this is impossible please let me know, but if it's not again, any help would be greatly appreciated. The EQ Journal I'm working on requires manual entry of quest and collection status, but it would be much more useful if the data could be updated automatically.

Thanks!!
Unread 05-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Sending things to a .txt cannot be easily done, except in sending it to the game's log (via /say, a channel, or similar). You can kind of use the custom POIs to send some data to an XML file, but it's still not that simple, not like if we had a /writetofile command.

I would suggest looking at the mod that sends data to a website, like fluffy.dk's quest journal mod. You can send data out to a website using the game's browser capability. I'm not super familiar with it, but I think it uses a somewhat novel implementation of the browser to interact with the website. If I were trying to write your mod, looking at that existing mod would be where I'd start.
Unread 05-15-2010, 03:49 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
I'm not super familiar with it, but I think it uses a somewhat novel implementation of the browser to interact with the website. If I were trying to write your mod, looking at that existing mod would be where I'd start.
Nothing novel about it (without actually looking it at), the only option is to simply add the data you want to send out to the URL (as parameters or encoded in the request URI).
Unread 05-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Nothing novel about it (without actually looking it at), the only option is to simply add the data you want to send out to the URL (as parameters or encoded in the request URI).
Well, I think of it as novel in the sense that the browser functionality seems like it's being used inside another window to extend its functionality. That's the only mod I've seen that does that, so it's novel to me
Unread 05-15-2010, 04:23 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
Well, I think of it as novel in the sense that the browser functionality seems like it's being used inside another window to extend its functionality. That's the only mod I've seen that does that, so it's novel to me
Oh ok, fair enough. Yes, the browser control can be used in any window, Othesus first built a browser window with several tabs making use of that fact.
Unread 05-25-2010, 05:38 PM
A Brown Bear
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Mistmoore

Ahhh ok - I may think about building an in game UI mod as well, but that would mean building a php site that can recieve that data, process, and send it somewhere else. Seems like alot of work for the moment considering how big my plate already is.

Ill keep it in mind though.