EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 11-04-2006, 04:10 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye
Default Beta chat window

It seems that the beta of EoF crashes with my own chat window file in there.. So of course I re-modded a new one starting with the new beta default main chat file... And guess what It dont seem to matter what changes I make to it however small or large the game still crashes with it in during loading the UI....

Has anyone else tried modding the chat window in beta?
Could this be a problem with the UI builder? (yes i do have the latest one)
Or is it just beta being a pain?
Unread 11-04-2006, 07:45 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

My chat window would crash as well with the latest update on beta, but a user fixed it for me. The only change he did was change some sounds from "ui_pressed" to "sounds/button" and add the page "ChatShadow":

<Page BackgroundOpacity="0.200" Location="20,99" Name="ChatShadow" PackLocation="nfn,fff" PackLocationProp="0020/0001,0006/0001" PackSize="absolute,fixed" PackSizeProp="0017/0001,0002/0003" ScrollExtent="297,17" Size="297,17"/>

I suppose it is that page that needs to be there.
Unread 11-04-2006, 08:12 PM
A Griffon

Thanks...

yes it is that page that needs to be in the code... All very strange as to why but none the less it works.. and all I did was paste the code in after the ChatFrame page in notepad on my chat window and hey presto .. looks no different to what it did to start with, But this time it works lol

/scratches head

Unread 11-04-2006, 09:53 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Another reason hard coding is bad for UI's.
Unread 11-04-2006, 10:54 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

Here are my mods if you need anything from them.
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=6901
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 11-05-2006, 12:21 PM
A Griffon

Thanks,

I got this lot working again now (apart from the bags decided to leave that untill it go's live)

Just one thing I did notice both with Faetyl's hotkeys and the one I did, The icon page always seems to place itself "top" hence not being centered up in the window and when you hide the spinner the left edge of the 1st icon is placed at -1 to the left thus not showing the icon edge due to it being out of the window area..

Now if you set the pack location of the Icon bank to say "left,center" and then resize the bar about a bit it seems to do a "left,center" from the 1st icon.... Hard for me to explain.. This is better seen if you size the bar on a vertical axis in game..

It all works just it looks a bit naff if you have the frame visible.. I messed with this for about an hour and couldnt seem to get it to stay central to the window...

Any thoughts?
Unread 11-05-2006, 01:44 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

Ah good point.
I always use a horizontal configuration so this one slipped past me.
I'll poke at it some.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 11-05-2006, 03:48 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Are you testing this on Beta or on Test? At least on Test I have no problem showing/hiding the spinners (with my window), the icons do not get moved. If you tested this on Test I'll have a look at your window to see what's happening/where the difference lies.
Unread 11-05-2006, 05:52 PM
A Griffon

Doing it on Beta GM9 ...

Heres the file anyways ... The background wont show up for you like but that wont matter you can still see whats happening.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml (2.5 KB, 332 views)
Unread 11-08-2006, 04:39 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Ok so I have just logged into beta. Does the issue with your hotbars still exist? Because mine are still fine, but maybe it's fixed.
Unread 11-08-2006, 07:11 PM
A Griffon

They been kinnda changing the past couple of days , whilst working on LaffsV8 I noticed that there is like a chrome effect that shines over the icon when its ready to use again... Didnt notice that the other day with Laffs Lite hotbars.. But there has been file changes since then and I been working on the changes that where initialy made to the image files as well /shrug .... OMG Its hard to say right now maybe I fixed somthing and broke somthing else or maybe I havent fixed nothing but SoE did lol....

Loggin in with other UI now and then to have a look at the defaut then "switch" back again and post some proper info here tomorrow insted of me just rambling on hehe
Unread 11-08-2006, 07:37 PM
A Griffon

Okies the vertical axis problem seems have been resolved no matter what icon size now (thats kool)

Okies heres is 2 screenshots of what I was talking about a few posts back, Just took them now so this slight decoration issue still exists... Note this was taken with the hotkey that I made up not the default one..

I havent had chance as yet to see if this is an issue with the defaut as well at this icon size.... As a guess I would say the size I have them set at with the slider is in the region of 27-32

Whilst it dont stop them from working.... silly things like that annoy the s### outta me lol... I would much rather have it totaly FUBAR lol

*EDIT* I know what the problem is now with the "hide spinner and Left side" my damn spinner was overlapping the the icon bank slightly LMAO .. Oh well ... But the other central issue still exists at that icon size.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	5347  Click image for larger version

Name:	Image2.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	5348  

Last edited by Laffs : 11-08-2006 at 08:08 PM.
Unread 11-09-2006, 12:32 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis

Look at the main Hotkey page, you will see two new properties; clientmarginFrame and clientmarginNone.

seems that fixed an issue I was having with mine, I should really take notes. *pfft* forget that lol.

Last edited by Landiin : 11-09-2006 at 12:44 AM.
Unread 11-09-2006, 02:24 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Reading your description I think I know what the difference may be between yours and mine (haven't looked at your code yet, sorry) - I put the IconBanks in separate pages. My spinners are positioned on top of the IconBank, but on a separate page.

I'll attach my file if you want to take a look. Note that this is still my hotfix version from when it first hit Test - I know that there is still some broken functionality in there.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml (5.6 KB, 354 views)
Unread 11-09-2006, 08:47 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Yeah, the window size bit (which is damn annoying!) is still present on Beta. I hate having a window that appears this big but really is that big (and then blocks other stuff... I really pack my hotbars in close together, and some of them rather small).