EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 02-18-2005, 10:37 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default mp3 player/winamp etc

I could have sworn I saw this somewhere, searched the forums using the search tool though and havent seen it.

I dont know if its possible directly but I know it is possible with typical programming, anyway, I'd love to see a simple interface or something to play and listen to mp3's while in game.
Unread 02-18-2005, 11:04 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow

the official line is something like 'we will never ever do stuff like an mp3 player because eq2 has a functional windowed mode'.

So you'll have to just settle with winamp and one of the mute buttons mods. I want an in game mp3 player too =( lots of people do.

Unread 02-18-2005, 11:05 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Just use ALT-Enter and use your favorite MP3 application to play them back. Currently there is no way to add an mp3 window to EQ2 with out using a 3rd party program that violates the EULA.

The reason SOE has one in EQ1 is when they added it you could not ALT-TAB out of the game to prevent memory hacking apps.

Last edited by Dolby : 02-18-2005 at 11:07 PM.
Unread 03-29-2006, 11:36 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Valor

found something (page in german)

http://forum.everquestii.info/showth...2686#post52686
Unread 03-30-2006, 04:45 AM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

That program appears to hook into a running EQ2 - this is an EULA violation.
Unread 03-30-2006, 10:07 AM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Server: Oggok

Well, EULA violation or not - you can't really blame people for taking matters into their own hands. The community have been pleading and crying for an MP3 player since launch. I can't seriously believe it would take some clever developer more than a day or two to throw something together. Just do it, for crying out loud hehe. If nothing else to shut people up and help them *not* violate the EULA.

Bugrit - 64 Monk - 51 Tailor
Boznak - 64 Warden - 41 Provisioner

Founder and proud leader of: Alternate Reality
Bringing the lazy slackery back in the game.
Unread 03-30-2006, 10:52 AM
A Griffon

Server: Everfrost

So far, I've been too busy to try, but it seems that it might be possible to write a seperate program outside of EQ2 that controls winamp or media player and is accessed via a web server and the in-game Inventory.HTML page.

That's the only way I can think of to do it without hooking directly into the game client and violating the EULA. Not even sure if that would be feasible, but it's a possibility.
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 03-30-2006, 11:31 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis

The AU for eXtreme has a media player built into it that you can control from in game. All you have to do is parse the input log for some simple commands to control it. Granted I don't export its playlist into the game( but now that I see it I will lol ) of have a progress bar for the current song playing. ( the progress bar is not doable with out hooking into the game)
Unread 03-30-2006, 04:26 PM
A Griffon

Server: Everfrost

Ok, messing about, I found a basic web server written in AutoIT3. I gutted that completely, and gave it the ability to control windows media player using just data passed in a URL:

http://127.0.0.1/index.htm?next=1

would advance to the next track, for example.

Then I coded a window Inventory.MediaPlayer that puts the right URLs in the HTML window and presses the GO button. It's kludgy as heck and there's no feedback into the game of what the playlist looks like or what song is currently playing and there could never be a realtime update of current song.

It might be possible to put the data of a playlist in HTML format and display it in the browser page, although I'm not sure "realistic" and "possible" should be confused in this case. It was a very basic web server and now it's nearly lobotimized. Plus, either it doesn't like the EQ2 viewer or the EQ2 viewer doesn't like it. I'm having trouble getting even simple text to show in the browser window atm.

Anyhow, if someone is really interested, I can post the .au3 code and/or the mediaplayer.xml window. I'm not sure I consider the whole thing useful enough to pursue further. I was just interested in if it was possible at all.
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 03-30-2006, 05:06 PM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Well, I say screw the EULA. That's right, I'm agitating a (gasp) crime.

Seriously, this is what a community like this is for.

Let's make a MP3 player.

Something that is just that - an MP3 player. We know we have SOE staff browsing these boards so let's keep it wide open and honest. No fancy spectrum meters or what have you, just a simple MP3 player that can play songs, stop songs and, maybe, chose songs.

I totally volounteer for testing. If SOE bans me for it then, seriously, they need to get laid.

Unread 03-30-2006, 06:38 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

I know I'll probably get flamed for even asking, but....

What's the big deal?

Personally, I still listen to CDs rather than MP3s, but regardless, how difficult is it to run an MP3 player alongside the game? What possible need is there to have one integrated *into* the game?

*Shrug*

It's just one of those things I've never seen any point to.

-- Darryl (Milq)
Unread 03-30-2006, 07:08 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Personaly I experimented with a mp3 player using the same sort of method Mother has just used and got about the same sort of functionality using the HTML window in game ... found that the best option was to use CSM and parse the log file..

Now DBurgdorf,

Not flaming you mate lol ... but with me the deal is yes i can run EQ2 in window and change tracks etc but soon as I go windowed it resets the gamma for my desktop as well and makes it a real pita... SoE's argument seems to be that you can go windowed alt tab etc in out of game so no need for a mp3 player in game yeh maybe so.... But you can alt tab in and out of EQ1 in a fashion as well and thats got an mp3 player!! ... even had a winamp plug in for as long back as I can remember likes....

So yeh basicly I want a chuffin in game mp3 player without having to parse damn files and use csm (that dudes been awol for a few months now?)

/emote stamps feet "I want a mp3 player!, Like now!" lol
Unread 03-30-2006, 07:36 PM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

You don't even need windowed mode. Run the mp3 player behind the scenes with a global hotkey program.

Mid game, you can just hit, say, Ctrl+Win+Z to go back, or Ctrl+Win+B to go to next...
Unread 03-31-2006, 12:25 PM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

My apologies for the previous post hehe. I tend to turn into a little anarchist about things like this (what are they gonna do? ban us all? hehe) and with few beers in me I also tend to post silly stuff.

Unread 04-01-2006, 03:24 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Befallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
.... But you can alt tab in and out of EQ1 in a fashion as well and thats got an mp3 player!! ... even had a winamp plug in for as long back as I can remember likes....
Which became not supported by SOE almost immediately after it was released.
Unread 04-01-2006, 06:04 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Well I logged into EQ1 about 2 weeks ago to find of course that the UI I was using didnt work no more... So I switched to the default and lo and behold what just happens to be there !!! A BLOODY MP3 PLAYER mate, Without doing a file check and seeing as it was the default UI I was using where the hell that come from then if its not SoE's ??

Re: Pixi, Well beer either brings out the truth or a load of rubbish, To me you did make a good point... I mean come on what is the big hangup with SoE and a mp3 player? there no harm in it at all that I can see....

I'm not trying to pee anyone off here or trying to make any drama just one question I ask..

Seriously why cant we have a mp3 player? can anyone answer that without saying well you can use this that and the other lol
Unread 04-02-2006, 02:16 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Befallen

Didn't say it wasn't there, just that they don't support it any more. They left it in, but they have told people many times who had problems with it or other questions that they don't. They stopped as soon as they made it possible to play in windowed mode.