EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 12-12-2005, 05:18 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Visual AOE Timer - Is this possible?

Hello, as a person who calls AOE's on raids on a regular basis, I have always had this idea which would make AOE timing much easier and available to more people. I think this mod (which sounds implementable) could possibly be the most popular raiding mod ever introduced if it was created, so I hope you take the time to read and possibly make my ideas into an actual product.

I know there are programs that can parse information, and even relay this information (like dps parsers) into an in-game window.

i have a very crude sketch of what i think this would look like in attatchments

basically you have a bar system, you input aoe names, and their callout timers (like Enthralling flames - callout after _20_ seconds after it hits) as the encounter has and each one is represeted by a bar. the parser scans for the aoe name (you can input what you want it to scan for).

when an aoe hits, the bar resets and inches its way to the right taking as much time as the callout takes. it starts green and turns red. when it hits the time you put in it flashes between red and orange or something. when that aoe hits again it resets.

the onscreen ui displays the time remaining for each aoe beside the bar. the most important information however, is below this, which only displays the smallest aoe number. This shows your window between all aoes in which you can move in.

I know this is a terrible description but I hope the picture does my idea justice. I believe this can be implemented, infact implemented easily, but id like the ui community to let me know what you think. This UI would possibly be the most downloaded and used UI endgame players use, beacuse jousting aoes is a critical part of endgame encounters.

thanks for reading.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aoe timer thing.JPG
Views:	323
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	4304  
Unread 12-12-2005, 05:44 AM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

That would be quite a bit of work, but extremely useful.

You wouldn't be able to do it in a UI window, but an external program built similar to CombatStats could do it...
Unread 12-12-2005, 07:00 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus
That would be quite a bit of work, but extremely useful.

You wouldn't be able to do it in a UI window, but an external program built similar to CombatStats could do it...
Yeah thats exactly what I was thinking

I use combat stats now to call aoes, so perhaps a plugin or addition to combatstats would reduce a lot of the work involved.

Does the guy that made that program read these forums? :P
Unread 12-12-2005, 10:51 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Don't think he reads his own forums anymore.