EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 05-28-2009, 10:09 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default 64 bit vista

i have been racking my brain tring to get profit to work on this new 64 bit vista system is there an easy way to make it work any help on this would be gratly appreciated
Unread 05-29-2009, 01:40 PM
A Coastal Crab

I'm having 64bit vista issues as well.

Every time I log in, default UI is automatically there, and I have to load ProfitUI and change all of the window placements and such again.

When I restart the game again, it's default again.
Unread 05-29-2009, 04:28 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I have Vista 64 and have no issues running Profit UI (or anything else, for that matter).

The issue is less about Vista, EQII or the custom UI and more about the permissions you have granted yourself on the PC, I suspect. I almost want to say that there is a Vista section for the exact problem in the Profit UI help forum.

In any case, I disabled UAC since I build and work with PC's for a living (Systems Administrator) and don't really need the OS approving of every step I take - so that might be the quickest 'fix'.
Unread 05-29-2009, 09:15 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loendar View Post
I have Vista 64 and have no issues running Profit UI (or anything else, for that matter).

The issue is less about Vista, EQII or the custom UI and more about the permissions you have granted yourself on the PC, I suspect. I almost want to say that there is a Vista section for the exact problem in the Profit UI help forum.

In any case, I disabled UAC since I build and work with PC's for a living (Systems Administrator) and don't really need the OS approving of every step I take - so that might be the quickest 'fix'.
ty for responding!!! I would like ot try this but I am not PC savy so to speek... So my question is... How? How do I tell the pice o.... Vista to let me do what I want with MY PC?
Unread 05-30-2009, 06:02 AM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

wasnt the easiest fix to vista security issues to move files out of the program files directory?? Why not just install eq into c:/everquest2 or c:/sony/everquest2? From what others have reported, once you move away from the program files directory, your OS related problems also stop.
Unread 05-31-2009, 12:21 PM
A Brown Bear

Default 64 bit

moved sony files out of program files to program files (x86) tried to download it again and it still wont go
Unread 05-31-2009, 12:50 PM
A Griffon

Server: Valor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblazzez View Post
moved sony files out of program files to program files (x86) tried to download it again and it still wont go

\Program files (x86) is protected as well of course
Unread 05-31-2009, 01:13 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

That made me lol.
Unread 05-31-2009, 05:35 PM
A Brown Bear

ok Put the file on desktop.... still wont find the EverquestII.exe file! Now what? I am sorry I am not that computer savy but I have never had this much trouble with trying to get profit to work with EQII on ANY of my computers!
Unread 05-31-2009, 05:54 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
ok Put the file on desktop.... still wont find the EverquestII.exe file! Now what? I am sorry I am not that computer savy but I have never had this much trouble with trying to get profit to work with EQII on ANY of my computers!
The message I get is:

EverQuest2.exe not found!
Please set your Everquest II directory in "settings, filepaths" first!
Unread 06-01-2009, 11:21 PM
A Brown Bear

For anyone trying Profit with the Vista 64 bit... download the manual one to your sony/EverquestII file. Don't use the auto updater... I FINALLY had someone smart enough to tell me how to do this insted of posting insulting remarks and being retarded. To all those that really tried to help... Thank you! To those of you who said stupid things like "why don't just do what the message tells you instead of posting it here.", here is a clue (because you need one!) Not all the people that use this game are computer programmers nor do they come up with the programs on here... some of us know how to use the programs but not how it works... if people are posting on here, HELP them! Don't make STUPID remarks to them, because all that does is make you look stupid.
Unread 06-02-2009, 10:31 AM
A Griffon

Server: Valor

Well if a program tells you to "set your Everquest II directory in "settings, filepaths" first!", you go to Settings, Filepaths and set your Everquest II directory there.
This is not about insulting or calling someone retarted, it is about basic knowledge in using a file selector in nearly every single windows program.

Furthermore, if it asks you to set the directory manually, it means EQ2 is not installed correctly at all.

(Using Vista x64 myself...)
Unread 06-02-2009, 03:16 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
I FINALLY had someone smart enough to tell me how to do this insted of posting insulting remarks and being retarded.
Retarded? Really? Wow.

I think Kaldran pretty much said what was on my mind... but I'll add that you don't really need to be a "programmer" to figure out a drop down menu.

I'm also using Vista x64 with no problems, not because it worked perfectly at first, but because it took me about 1 minute to figure out what the error message meant after I'd moved the directory to an external (SSD for you techies) drive and it was no longer where I'd installed it originally.

Instead of yelling and ranting, and showing your total ignorance you could have just thanked the people that helped you find your solution.